Sign in to follow this  
TomSE12

Early-Mid Autumn Horse Racing Competition

AINTREE

4.10 - Result - 1st. image.png.592e4e9306fd9963ae9c0dce16e3beac.pngWhite Hart Lady 4/1 2nd. image.png.0a7205561cd7d410ac876260c485f0b0.pngRoseisaroseisarose 6/1 3rd. image.png.121e47eb393630a018418c9bfb644a9d.pngLugg River 6/1.

"Virtual" Returns - 1st - (Not Selected). 2nd. - (Not Selected). 3rd. - (Not Selected).

WINCANTON

4.30 - Result - 1st. image.png.e481d69bb74a840fe1a95b60134fdddb.pngAweeminit 2/1 2nd. image.png.ce3f24ffaebc818e8c079ea24484744f.pngNow Look At Me 7/4 Fav. 3rd. image.png.49a8b65de76a88076af64702ea81e790.pngGreen Or Black. 

"Virtual" Returns - 1st - £4.50 . 2nd. - £1.44 . 3rd. - (Not Selected).

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:  🏇  

image.png

Listed below, are each Entrant's "Virtual" Returns from the Final Weekend (26th/27th Oct.), of the Competition:

SAT.26th           SUN.27th         CATEGORY 9           TOTAL "VIRTUAL" RETURNS

ANTONYBR7           27.25                  16.01                     2.34                                     45.60

BRISTLE BOY           5.50                  21.83                      NIL                                     27.33

CASSIE/SE12            9.50                  24.39                      NIL                                     33.89                  

K/WEATHER            13.00                  26.08                      NIL                                     39.08   

LASSIE23                  7.50                    8.00                       NIL                                    15.50                    

SUMMER SUN          5.50                  14.64                       NIL                                    20.14

TOMSE12                42.50                  29.14                     19.50                                   91.14

A little later, I will Post up the Final Standings Table.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:🏇 

Feeling very tired tonight, at the end of a long but thoroughly enjoyable Competition. I will Post up the tabulated form of the Final Standings Table, sometime tomorrow. In the meantime, below is an image of the "hard copy". Hopefully you'll be able to read it!!

image.thumb.png.8a8a855d26db89c5fbc2575b5878f8d5.png

A few quick comments on the Result which I will expand on tomorrow.

BRISTLE BOY, stayed on well to "land the spoils."

Yours Truly finished well but had too much to do, after a poor "Arc"Weekend.

KIRKCALDY WEATHER, was 3rd and performed well on the whole but saw his challenge falter, following a disappointing "Champion's Day", performance.

LASSIE23, showed up well early on but started to come "under pressure", during "Arc" and Cesarewitch Weekend.

I'll Post up some more analysis, tomorrow.

I will be adding more details to the LATE AUTUMN-EARLY WINTER Competition Thread, tomorrow.

This next Horse Racing Competition begins on Friday, with a Series of Races from the American Breeders Cup, which will take place at Santa Anita, California (1st/2nd November) and next Tuesday,

Thereafter, it's off to South Australia for the Melbourne Cup. I hope all your Passports are in order and that you can join me in California and Melbourne.

I'd like to thank you all again for your loyal support and clear, concise and prompt entries, it's been a lot of fun but quite hard work at times. I'll say it again without your patronage, there would be no Competition!!

Look out for some more details on the  LATE AUTUMN-EARLY WINTER Competition, tomorrow then and some analysis and a "Virtual" Prize giving Ceremony for the EARLY-MID AUTUMN Racing Competition.

Kind Regards,

Edited by TomSE12

41 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Feeling very tired tonight, at the end of a long but thoroughly enjoyable Competition. I will Post up the tabulated form of the Final Standings Table, sometime tomorrow. In the meantime, below is an image of the "hard copy". Hopefully you'll be able to read it!!

image.thumb.png.8a8a855d26db89c5fbc2575b5878f8d5.png

A few quick comments on the Result which I will expand on tomorrow.

BRISTLE BOY, stayed on well to "land the spoils."

Yours Truly finished well but had too much to do, after a poor "Arc"Weekend.

KIRKCALDY WEATHER, was 3rd and performed well on the whole but saw his challenge falter, following a disappointing "Champion's Day", performance.

LASSIE23, showed up well early on but started to come "under pressure", during "Arc" and Cesarewitch Weekend.

I'll Post up some more analysis, tomorrow.

I will be adding more details to the LATE AUTUMN-EARLY WINTER Competition Thread, tomorrow.

This next Horse Racing Competition begins on Friday, with a Series of Races from the American Breeders Cup, which will take place at Santa Anita, California (1st/2nd November) and next Tuesday,

Thereafter, it's off to South Australia for the Melbourne Cup. I hope all your Passports are in order and that you can join me in California and Melbourne.

I'd like to thank you all again for your loyal support and clear, concise and prompt entries, it's been a lot of fun but quite hard work at times. I'll say it again without your patronage, there would be no Competition!!

Look out for some more details on the  LATE AUTUMN-EARLY WINTER Competition, tomorrow then and some analysis and a "Virtual" Prize giving Ceremony for the EARLY-MID AUTUMN Racing Competition.

Kind Regards,

If only my horse won the Cesarewich, I would be dining on another virtual lasagna this evening😣

Morning all,

It's just gone 5 AM and a pretty nippy start to the Day, Dressing Gown and Heating on!!

Quote:

"LASSIE23, showed up well early on but started to come "under pressure", during "Arc" and Cesarewitch Weekend".

Of course, the "pressure" I speak of came from the "boys" with the Violin Cases -image.png.7644b51d21bb6f83ae185395d31ce94c.png 

It was the Cambridgeshire and not the Cesarewitch, that was the problem Lassie, after Angel Alexander's win in the Ayr Gold Cup at 28/1, which was the 1st Leg of my version of the Autumn Double.

Feel really guilty about thwarting Lassie's attempt at landing my version of the Autumn Double. You certainly would have been "dining out", had AL JELLABY, LITTLE JO or KORCHO won the Cambridgeshire!! But a "quiet word" in the ears of the Jockeys of those Nags, did the trick.  My Competition Folder is littered with "Virtual" hedging Betting Slips placed with William Hill, for those 3 Horses above!!

Colette has demanded, I send you a "sweetener". We're right out of "Virtual" Lasagna but hopefully the following, will be adequate "Virtual" compensation:

image.thumb.png.4f3096dc82d9be3011ae2437b149e2fd.png A delicious Beef Casserole.

image.thumb.png.170cf4c0ab36d38ead3945cb8066f9a2.png A marvellous Sunday Roast.

image.thumb.png.ab2790948efe06a190e4ce0b0b3c52ae.png

Bistecca alla Pizzaiola (an Italian Steak dish cooked in the style of a Pizza maker).

And if you have any room in your stomach left, the popular Italian Dessert of, Tiramisu.

image.thumb.png.91f751e5766b4a0819bac836453d530d.png

I will Post up a full analysis of the Competition, later today.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇

@LASSIE23, no doubt a painful reminder of your "dangerous" Betting Slip, showing ANGEL ALEXANDER marked up @ 28/1.

image.thumb.png.f492c26d6134caa8adaeeb01a94f06fc.png

If this Double had "copped", myself and Colette would have had to satisfy ourselves with "Virtual" meals, for the rest of the Year!!:shok: I know, just another whingeing Bookmaker.

Colette suggested I send you another "Virtual" portion, of a recent creation of hers - Chorizo Potato Gratin, topped with Manchego Cheese and served with Polpette (Italian Meatballs). Enjoy!!:

image.thumb.png.d80a2fffe559170d0c8c45a02a56b9d0.png Absolutely delicious and it was my second portion, of that Evening!!

Right, off to do some "groundwork" on my next Competition and those Breeder's Cup and Melbourne Cup, Races.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 🏇

Have had a very busy Day, so will Post up some more details of the Result, tomorrow Morning.

Also, I will Post up more details of the LATE AUTUMN - EARLY WINTER Horse Racing Competition, on that Thread, tomorrow Morning.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:🏇

I will now Post up an analysis of the Competition Result:

1ST - BRISTLE BOY - 3rd Place, after First W/end. Dropped to 4th (21st Sept). Moved back into 3rd, next Phase. Improved further into 2nd, "Arc" W/end. Moved into the lead, "Ces" W/end. Went clear Champions' Day, mainly due to  ESCOBARs' win, in the Mile Handicap. Stayed on to record the victory, on a Weather decimated, Final W/end. "Virtual" Returns Total - £328.56.  

2ND - TOMSE12 - Started well, took 2nd First W/end. Dropped back to 5th (21st Sept). Improved into 2nd, next Phase. Dropped back to 4th, after poor "Arc" W/end. Maintained 4th, "Ces" W/end. Stayed in 4th, Champions' Day. Rapid late headway on Final W/end but given too much to do. "V"/R Total - £285.09.

3RD - KIRKCALDY WEATHER - Started slowly, in Final Group, after First 3 Phases. Rapid headway and moved into 3rd, "Arc" W/end. Maintained 3rd, "Ces" W/end and Champions' Day. Stayed on for 3rd Place on Final W/end but his chance of winning, was hampered by a slow start. "V"/R Total - £258.15.

4TH - LASSIE23 - Held up in rear, First W/end. Rapid headway to lead, courtesy of ANGEL ALEXANDERs' win, in the Ayr Gold Cup. Dropped back to 2nd, after his Jockey's were "warned off", "Ces" W/end. Maintained 2nd, Champions' Day. Weakened and dropped back to finish 4th. "V"/R Total - £244.09.  

5TH - CASSIE/SE12 - Rushed into lead, First W/end. Dropped back to 2nd (21st Sept). Weakened further, throughout rest of Competition, to finish 5th Final W/end. "V"/R Total - £221.80.

6TH - ANTONYBR7 - Mid division, First W/end. Moved into 3rd (21st Sept). Weakened thereafter and finished 6th, on Final W/end. "V"/R Total - £209.08.

7TH - SUMMER SUN - Mid division, First W/end. Always in rear, thereafter. Finished 7th and Last, on Final W/end.          "V"/R Total - £200.11.

A thoroughly deserved victory by BRISTLE BOY then, whose victory was plotted while away, in the Canary Islands.    If Yours Truly was being "churlish", could curse the decent Wi-Fi signal B.B. managed to receive, in Fuertaventura. KIRKCALDY WEATHER, had a very good "Arc" W/end but was badly hampered by a very slow start. LASSIE23, looked very dangerous after landing the Ayr Gold Cup but weakened after that warning from the "Boys", with the Violin Cases (Which is now the subject of a Jockey Club Inquiry. :shok:). CASSIE/SE12, started very well but dropped away tamely, soon after. ANTONYBR7 and SUMMER SUN, were never better than mid division and finished well behind, the principals.

I will Post up details of "Virtual" Prizes, in the next couple of Days.

Those Entrants that finished "down the field" have a chance to make quick amends by entering the,

LATE AUTUMN - EARLY WINTER Horse Racing Competition. See below:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇

Edited by TomSE12

Nobody was made virtually bankrupt during the making of this competition .........phew

I could have brought a brand new coat and 🐐with my virtual fortune😖