Jump to content
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

Just now, Timbo said:

Hi Snowray, what happens if none of us get the date correct, is the winner the nearest date ?

Yes nearest, but up to a maximum of 2 days either side of the date chosen, I had considered just 1 day but 2 days seems fair enough. Your actually in a good position there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to get my garden ready just in case any of you are correct, although it's a bit late or early to prepare for general clusters prediction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm going to get my garden ready just in case any of you are correct, although it's a bit late or early to prepare for general clusters prediction.

Not quite Uxbridge yet, but getting closer.😄

iconeu_uk1-42-105-0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm going to get my garden ready just in case any of you are correct, although it's a bit late or early to prepare for general clusters prediction.

For spring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                         NETWEATHER S.E.REGION SETTLING SNOW CUP

Catchy little Title isn't it? Not. I've decided to split the Entrants into 2 Groups, as I did in my Snow Depth Cup.

BLUE - Thames North. and RED - Thames South. I've also entered your Elevation, when it appears in your Avatar. Elevation could be critical, if Temperatures are marginal. You can find your Elevation on this Elevation finder Website. See link below:

https://routecalculator.co.uk/elevation

I've just tested the link, with my Elevation and it works. If I knew each Entrants' elevation, it would help me formulate some Betting Odds. Could I ask those Entrants whose Elevation doesn't appear in their Profile, to register it on the Thread, please.

ENTRY NUMBER   MEMBER                                Dates (2020)

 

1.                              Timbo                                       10th Feb

8.                              TomSE12 (41 Mts)                   14th Feb

10.                            Steve Murr  (150 Mts)              14th Feb

11.                            Septic Peg (Guest) (41 Mts)     15th Feb

2.                              Lottiekent (164 Mts)                  16th Feb

9.                             Team squirrel                             18th Feb

3.                              Stainesbloke                             19th Feb

13.                            snowray (40 Mts)                      22nd Feb

17.                           Bluebell                                      22nd Feb

18.                           snow Queen one                        24th Feb

14.                           SenlacJack (81 Mts)                  26th Feb

5.                             Donna thw                                  27th Feb

4.                             pinball wizard                             29th Feb

16.                            lassie23                                     29th Feb

7.                              Snowrye (70 Mts)                     1st March

6.                              Froze were the days                9th March

12.                            claret 047 (30 Mts)                   23rd March

15.                            General Cluster                        29th November

We've got a nice spread of Entries - 7 Thames North and 11 Thames South.

Right off to view the latest Form Book (12z Model Runs). I will try and formulate Betting Odds for 3 Events.

Outright Winner, Top Thames North and Top Thames South.

I'll pop up those Betting Odds, later on Tonight.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:❄️🌨️ 

P.S. Both myself and my Wife Colette (Septic Peg), have drawn Entry numbers that correspond to our Birthday Dates. It's an omen, I tell ya!! 

Edited by TomSE12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Tom, that's brilliant! :clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bogman said:

For spring?

for a Februrary bbq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

for a Februrary bbq

 

👙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

                                         NETWEATHER S.E.REGION SETTLING SNOW CUP

Catchy little Title isn't it? Not. I've decided to split the Entrants into 2 Groups, as I did in my Snow Depth Cup.

BLUE - Thames North. and RED - Thames South. I've also entered your Elevation, when it appears in your Avatar. Elevation could be critical, if Temperatures are marginal. You can find your Elevation on this Elevation finder Website. See link below:

https://routecalculator.co.uk/elevation

I've just tested the link, with my Elevation and it works. If I knew each Entrants' elevation, it would help me formulate some Betting Odds. Could I ask those Entrants whose Elevation doesn't appear in their Profile, to register it on the Thread, please.

ENTRY NUMBER   MEMBER                                Dates (2020)

 

1.                              Timbo                                       10th Feb

8.                              TomSE12 (41 Mts)                   14th Feb

10.                            Steve Murr  (150 Mts)              14th Feb

11.                            Septic Peg (Guest) (41 Mts)     15th Feb

2.                              Lottiekent (164 Mts)                  16th Feb

9.                             Team squirrel                             18th Feb

3.                              Stainesbloke                             19th Feb

13.                            snowray (40 Mts)                      22nd Feb

17.                           Bluebell                                      22nd Feb

18.                           snow Queen one                        24th Feb

14.                           SenlacJack (81 Mts)                  26th Feb

5.                             Donna thw                                  27th Feb

4.                             pinball wizard                             29th Feb

16.                            lassie23                                     29th Feb

7.                              Snowrye (70 Mts)                     1st March

6.                              Froze were the days                9th March

12.                            claret 047 (30 Mts)                   23rd March

15.                            General Cluster                        29th November

We've got a nice spread of Entries - 7 Thames North and 11 Thames South.

Right off to view the latest Form Book (12z Model Runs). I will try and formulate Betting Odds for 3 Events.

Outright Winner, Top Thames North and Top Thames South.

I'll pop up those Betting Odds, later on Tonight.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:❄️🌨️ 

P.S. Both myself and my Wife Colette (Septic Peg), have drawn Entry numbers that correspond to our Birthday Dates. It's an omen, I tell ya!! 

Hello My altitude for Daiglen Drive South Ockendon is 22 metres. (72 ft)  I think the snow will arrive either on 30 January or the 31st January.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Adding extra information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

                                         NETWEATHER S.E.REGION SETTLING SNOW CUP

Catchy little Title isn't it? Not. I've decided to split the Entrants into 2 Groups, as I did in my Snow Depth Cup.

BLUE - Thames North. and RED - Thames South. I've also entered your Elevation, when it appears in your Avatar. Elevation could be critical, if Temperatures are marginal. You can find your Elevation on this Elevation finder Website. See link below:

https://routecalculator.co.uk/elevation

I've just tested the link, with my Elevation and it works. If I knew each Entrants' elevation, it would help me formulate some Betting Odds. Could I ask those Entrants whose Elevation doesn't appear in their Profile, to register it on the Thread, please.

ENTRY NUMBER   MEMBER                                Dates (2020)

 

1.                              Timbo                                       10th Feb

8.                              TomSE12 (41 Mts)                   14th Feb

10.                            Steve Murr  (150 Mts)              14th Feb

11.                            Septic Peg (Guest) (41 Mts)     15th Feb

2.                              Lottiekent (164 Mts)                  16th Feb

9.                             Team squirrel                             18th Feb

3.                              Stainesbloke                             19th Feb

13.                            snowray (40 Mts)                      22nd Feb

17.                           Bluebell                                      22nd Feb

18.                           snow Queen one                        24th Feb

14.                           SenlacJack (81 Mts)                  26th Feb

5.                             Donna thw                                  27th Feb

4.                             pinball wizard                             29th Feb

16.                            lassie23                                     29th Feb

7.                              Snowrye (70 Mts)                     1st March

6.                              Froze were the days                9th March

12.                            claret 047 (30 Mts)                   23rd March

15.                            General Cluster                        29th November

We've got a nice spread of Entries - 7 Thames North and 11 Thames South.

Right off to view the latest Form Book (12z Model Runs). I will try and formulate Betting Odds for 3 Events.

Outright Winner, Top Thames North and Top Thames South.

I'll pop up those Betting Odds, later on Tonight.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:❄️🌨️ 

P.S. Both myself and my Wife Colette (Septic Peg), have drawn Entry numbers that correspond to our Birthday Dates. It's an omen, I tell ya!! 

hi Tom, my elevation is 10 meters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

Hello My altitude for Daiglen Drive South Ockendon is 22 metres. (72 ft)

Did you attend Ockendon School? I was involved with the major refurbishment works there a few years back when Mrs king was the Headmistress and her husband the Deputy Head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eek looks like I’m too late but I’m going to be adventurous, morning of this 27th hope north downs count! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Did you attend Ockendon School? I was involved with the major refurbishment works there a few years back when Mrs king was the Headmistress and her husband the Deputy Head.

No, I moved to South Ockendon when I was 40.  My primary education from the age of 4 and 1/2 to 6 and 1/2 was in Ashington in Northumberland and the rest of was in Plaistow in East London and Much Hadam boarding school.

The weather is dreadfully dull today in South Ockendon, no sign of the sun for the past two days but constant grey skies with sporadic drizzle. Gavin Partridge's last video has inspired me to write a poem:

The distressed pest from the west, which won't let us rest,
especially those who wear a string vest at the Burns night fest.
It will put the garden birds to the test when they're building their nests
due to the arrival of our very mild and wild weather guests.
It seems that we are underneath a permanent grey cloud
with the constant pouring rain which soaks the whole of Stroud.
The jet stream happily whips up the Atlantic ocean
which brings the British Isles a mild and wild weather explosion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TomSE12 My elevation according my Ordnance Survey Map is 52? This is for Icklesham East Sussex.👍👍I’m getting excited I think this is going to make snow happen, pfft, ‘just like that’!! ... ⛄️ snow ❄️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm too late, but i'm not expecting it too snow. bah humbug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to officially take part as a mod, but if it does snow, which I'm skeptical about, I'm going with February 20th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a bit to late as well, but given how rare snow is likely to be and the 29th feb has gone. I’m going to go for good Friday 10th April!

i think it was 1975 when I remember snow during the Easter school holidays and that was around the same time. 😁
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bluebell said:

@TomSE12 My elevation according my Ordnance Survey Map is 52? This is for Icklesham East Sussex.👍👍I’m getting excited I think this is going to make snow happen, pfft, ‘just like that’!! ... ⛄️ snow ❄️ 

Hi Bluebell

Thanks,  I've actually seen Snow falling, in Icklesham. 

Quote - Katrine Basso.

"Hello My altitude for Daiglen Drive South Ockendon is 22 metres. (72 ft)  I think the snow will arrive either on 30 January or the 31st January".

Hi Katrine,

I'm quite happy for you to enter the Competition but as it's snowray's Competition, it will be his decision, as you've Posted your Entry, after snowray's deadline. If your Entry is accepted, you will be in the Thames North Group.

Don't think you can have 2 Dates though? That would be like trying to back 2 Horses, with one Stake.

We're not "Buy 1 get 1 free"!! That's Sainsburys, next door. :oldgrin: I'll put you on 31st Jan for now. Please let me know, if that's ok?

Quote - Daniel.

"Eek looks like I’m too late but I’m going to be adventurous, morning of this 27th hope north downs count."

Again, same as Katrine above. It will be snowray's decision.But what are you doing on the North Downs? Anything to get away from your 5.8 Metres, in Rotherhithe. Would think snowray means settling Snow, at your home location. If your Entry is accepted, you will be in the Thames South Group.

After my Dinner, I will Post up those Betting Odds and a Racing Post type Form Guide for each Entrant, as to which type of Synoptic set-up, would benefit them most.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: ❄️🌨️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TomSE12 oh dear thought it was anywhere in southeast seeing first settling snow. In that case I’ll go for 15th February as I’ll be away in E Sussex coast. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

@TomSE12 oh dear thought it was anywhere in southeast seeing first settling snow. In that case I’ll go for 15th February as I’ll be away in E Sussex coast. 🙂 

Apologies Daniel, I misread snowray's Post.!!  :oops:

Correct Daniel.

Quote - snowray:

"When will it snow next and settle in our SE region? Even a dusting counts but not sleet or hail, must be snow.

1st prize for who gets closest wins a pack of 4 Cadbury flake chocolate bars, offered by me.

Entrants have until 12 noon tomorrow the 23rd of Jan to submit a date.

Good luck everyone".

So, it's where in the S.E. will Snow, first settle.

I don't now need your Elevation!!

Think I'm suffering from C.F.S. (Competition Fatigue Syndrome), again. :shok:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TomSE12 It’s great to see you running the competitions again Tom . I’ve missed the deadline by quite a few hours as I’ve been at work what seems like 24/7 the last few days . I would have gone for a late fall on March the 22nd as the seasons for me seems to be running later etc , let’s hope I’m wrong and the storm gives us a bit of snow early next week it’s nice to even be in with a slight chance . Hope you are well , Darts 🎯 Premier League soon 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, snowray said:

Yes I remember it well Tom, just heavy sleet here but parts North London got several inches of snow, quite remarkable.

Nice one, your entry number 5. Good luck.

Am I too late to enter? 29th Feb....

 sorry have been at work al day and have only just sat down to have a little look at what’s been going on!!

Edited by John Stevens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the above ^^^^^, I'll have to defer the decision to allow those Entries to snowray, it's actually his Competition.

Having been through the 12z Model Runs, I can't see anything remotely Wintry, likely to give rise to settling Snow, across our Region.

As far as the GFS goes, t384 (16 Days) 8th February, it continues to look bleak for us "coldies":

image.thumb.png.91a042a3e9a0bcf07fdc946b16b61f98.png

Looks a long way to cold, from there!!

There's no point in me Posting up any Betting Odds on the Competition, with such dire output. I'll have another look Tomorrow Morning, after the 00z Model Runs.

On a happier note, Septic Peg (My Wife, Colette), would like to make a donation to the Prize Fund.

A 3/4 Bottle of "Virtual" Advocaat - image.thumb.png.33187b2cd5018adf116fc4bf4dd7fb6a.png left over from Christmas.

It's not mine, I'm not allowed to have Alcohol, after my Haemorrhagic Stroke, in September 2015.

You'll have to supply your own Lemonade though but it may well be the only Snowballs on show, over the next few Months!! :oldsmile:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: ❄️ ☃️ 🌨️

 

Edited by TomSE12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I’m now back down in the town and so only 101 feet (31m) above sea level. I’ve already said our next move (in about 5 years) to what will hopefully be our “forever home” will be back up on the hills. 
I’m already paranoid I’m missing out down here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...