Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Although it was windy and wet last night, I didn't notice it too much. 

Hubs told me this morning that it was quite cold out and it did feel colder than 6c. However by the time I was sorted for the school run, there was hardly any wind, no rain and it was warmer. Hit 13c here yesterday.

I am not looking forward to summer.

Edited by Dami

For the record, max gusts in the East from Tuesday afternoon through to this morning:

• 59mph Weybourne
  • 55mph Marham
  • 53mph Andrewsfield + Shoeburyness
  • 51mph Cranfield, Norwich, Southend + Wittering
  • 49mph Bedford, Lakenheath + Wattisham
  • 48mph Mildenhall
  • 47mph Stansted
  • 46mph Tibenham
  • 44mph Luton

Figures courtesy of Weatherquest @danholley_ (Twitter).

Just realised how little I have posted this winter. 

If anything is a sign of a poor one for coldies!

oo it's hailing.

5 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Do tesco do home delivery of snow

Don't think so you're better off trying Iceland 

Quick peak in mod thread -10 uppers over the entire UK everyone happy, only problem is................

It’s been a wet and windy few days. A lot of trees are down in our local area at the minute but was to be expected. The mod thread is very excited because there is a sniff of snow ( which is always good) I try really hard not to get to excited but it’s looking promising. If this snow event doesn’t come off I will be happy just to see no rain for a few days. There are uppers of -10 being mentioned (how brilliant would that be?) 

The mad thread is alive, hold on to your hats guy's, at least until the morning anyway, awaiting the usual scenario, oh look a garden path

Morning all,

Up very early again (4.45). 

Had a nice walk with my Wife, down to Sainsburys at Lee Green, yesterday Morning. It was very much a case of dodge the debris, lots of twigs and small branches, strewn across pavements and grass verges. Evidence of  Brendans' Daughter, Colleens' (my name, not Met Eireanns'), antics on Tuesday.

A brief respite then yesterday but another one of Brendans' relatives (in my eyes, Nephew Declan), waiting in the wings, to continue the unsettled theme Today. But evidently this will be the "tail end Charlie", of the Jet Streams obsession of firing Low Pressure at us, recently.

Surprised that Met Office Eireann havn't named todays' Storm, which would've been called, Ciara.

Whether you want to call it Ciara or Declan but in this day and age, will "gender fluidity" enter the Meteorological vocabulary, as well? I wonder if that's why the Meteorological Agencies fluctuate between Male and Female, perhaps they're not sure of the gender, of these Synoptic features?  :cc_confused: Something to ponder, perhaps?

Have just watched a recording of MeteoGroups' extended Forecast. This was presented by Mel Coles, who unlike "Downside Darren", very much welcomed the potentially colder, frosty but drier Weather. Think I'll refer to her in future as, Mel "at least it will be drier" Coles. Stav Danaos also looked happy with the improving Weather picture.

Looking forward to seeing a bit of "whiteness" around, potentially! :shok:

Excitement starting to grow again on the MAD Thread, at the prospect of a possible Northerly incursion, at the end of the Month. But the 00z GFS Run, has seemingly squashed that hope, overnight. With no retrogression, from the Weekend High but instead, powering up the Jet Stream once again, with Heights rising to our South.

As Snowrye states above, yet another "Garden Path" trip??

Over to you, ECM.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

The ECM 00z at t240.

image.thumb.png.5b9eb437c56b88ce531ef5af4ccd2a1c.png

Not brilliant but I suppose it could still retrogress up to Greenland, from there.

Think the "Garden Path" Jury, is still out.

But at "least it will be drier", for a time!! 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Every time I put on my Beige teddy coat I feel over dressed and today was no exception. I probably could of gone sans coat. January and I don't need a thick coat at 8:30am. I'll be in dresses by the time February arrives.

So yeah, mild as. 

A much nicer day, albeit another breezy one - currently 9.8c and a brisk SSE’ly. Lunch walk shows a fairly choppy sea..

E8D91D4C-4744-4E06-8891-038D25B54ADC.jpeg

Just for fun lol.. 

Winter 2019/2020 summed up in one picture 

Screenshot_20200116_140907_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1108a5386bd5f076cc0336ad74769dca.jpg

On my way back from a quick trip up the shop, I got caught in a very Heavy/torrential rain and hail shower... Typical, as I’ve got a stinking cold at the moment 😭

Nice to see a bit of sunshine this morning and it’s dry at the moment. Pish poor winter, so far, unless you like rain lol

33 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

On my way back from a quick trip up the shop, I got caught in a very Heavy/torrential rain and hail shower... Typical, as I’ve got a stinking cold at the moment 😭

Im waiting at the conquest for a customer, hail stones galore up here lol

Looks like we could be seeing some sleet or wet snow as the heavy shower associated with the occluded clear through East Anglia late afternoon and evening.   

The wind seems to have gone a bit mental here quite suddenly!

Temp down to 3C