Jump to content
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

Green Christmas  but there is potential........for nothing in the new year too:oldrolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the rain missed most of the south east, was that meant to be the main event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dami said:

I am in a Flood risk too, but it's more for beddie, the river is a fair distance from me and will get the field first. 

1. Next door and her new BF came home again at 3am this morning and woke us up banging her door and thinking its funny.

2. I am awaiting, finally, last lot of presents.

3. It is blimin' raining again

4. I'm ill.

5. House across from us is having it's en-suite re-done and for the past 3 days, quite lonely, has been a toilet on the path. It's christmas, I may go and give it a hug.

I feel your pain Dami, we get woken by the woman upstairs and her boyfriend drinking and being rowdy at midnight and coming in at 3am twice a week and we hear the alarmclock of the guy downstairs at 5.30am most mornings. It leads to perpetual tiredness, however not to the point where I feel like  hugging a toilet (yet)😀

Oooh! Thunder!!! That made me jump! ⛈️

Edited by Team Squirrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

I feel your pain Dami, we get woken by the woman upstairs and her boyfriend drinking and being rowdy at midnight and coming in at 3am twice a week and we hear the alarmclock of the guy downstairs at 5.30am most mornings. It leads to perpetual tiredness, however not to the point where I feel like  hugging a toilet (yet)😀

Oooh! Thunder!!! That made me jump! ⛈️

Our neighbour is just a pain. Bangs her door so it makes our windows shake. Parks her car were ever she feels like.  Won't answer her door when the father of her child comes round so he just knocks and knocks at 7am on a Sunday. 

Lucky you for thunder, not had any for a while now 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dami said:

Our neighbour is just a pain. Bangs her door so it makes our windows shake. Parks her car were ever she feels like.  Won't answer her door when the father of her child comes round so he just knocks and knocks at 7am on a Sunday. 

Lucky you for thunder, not had any for a while now 😞 

Fingers crossed - it seems to be heading in your direction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bbc   are saying  it going  to  get  very wet  here  soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It started to rain in South Ockendon in the early afternoon and only stopped approx 6pm.  It has started to rain again at 8:25pm.  I went to put some berries out for the birds and I noticed that the lawn was getting very soggy. There will be more rain overnight and in the early hours of the morning.💦🌧️🌧️💦☔☁️☔💦

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hum dinging it down again, mild here today as well with a max of 12.3c. Latest ECM shows a brief 'cooler' drier blip at Xmas and then back to more mobile mild stuff at day 9/10 - oh joy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is 12.4°C at 9:17pm with 78% humidity.  The barometric pressure has been lowering and the present reading is: 988.1.  I dread tomorrow as there will be more rain. I won't be surprised if there will be news of flashing flooding in Thurrock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have had little to no rain today, seems like the luck is going to run out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been another dank day although there was a little brightness between 10.30-11.30 this morning we had a short spell of moderate rain between 12.45-3pm and light showers after that although it looks like it is going to be another wet night with heavy rain forecast between now and 8am tomorrow.mild though with temps of 11.3 today and first day heating hasn’t come on for a while so saved a few bob on that score today🤣😉.every cloud ...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sick of this already-melted-snow falling, someone switch the blinking sky  freezer back on please....😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely belting down again here-there will be some big puddles about come the morning and the stream local to me is at its highest level that I have seen in the 7 years I have lived in this area-it’s a raging river atm!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Hum dinging it down again, mild here today as well with a max of 12.3c. Latest ECM shows a brief 'cooler' drier blip at Xmas and then back to more mobile mild stuff at day 9/10 - oh joy!

It was a large outlier ens mean shows high pressure in control frosty and dry for southeast...much better 🙂 

016FB1A7-DD6F-48F7-BD50-31F8821E9628.thumb.gif.77a8b5dacff4c389d501fec779d22b7a.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.15am, the rain has been bouncing off the velux since 8pm, when will it change, been weeks and weeks of relentless rain, apart from a few sunny crisp days, absolutely amazed there's been no major flooding as yet, huge praise to the environment agency surely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

4.15am, the rain has been bouncing off the velux since 8pm, when will it change, been weeks and weeks of relentless rain, apart from a few sunny crisp days, absolutely amazed there's been no major flooding as yet, huge praise to the environment agency surely

off to work soon  expecting a lot of standing water  on  my  trip,  been pouring down since 8  last  night   still pouring down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

local  radio now reporting  roads flooded in  suffolk  take  ex care  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Half of my back garden is one giant puddle! Never seen this before in the 7 years I have lived here. 

have any frogs moved in ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lassie23 said:

have any frogs moved in ?

Hopefully with brexit finally happening, they'll stay where they are lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25mm of rain now since midnight. Significant problems in Sussex with the Balcombe rail tunnel closed due to flooding so no Brighton-London trains. Also M23 closed in both directions in the Crawley area due to flooding, and numerous other road closures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that strike near the Thames yesterday afternoon caused a right stir on social media yesterday,  people saying it was the loudest thunder they'd ever heard, some people thought it was a sonic boom, others say they felt the thunder underneath their feet!

I was 3/4 miles away and it was loud enough to make me jump here, so it must have been a corker. 

Still raining here, the wet fallen leaves on sodden ground is making for it really slippery underfoot.

Edited by Team Squirrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Daniel* said:

It was a large outlier ens mean shows high pressure in control frosty and dry for southeast...much better 🙂 

016FB1A7-DD6F-48F7-BD50-31F8821E9628.thumb.gif.77a8b5dacff4c389d501fec779d22b7a.gif

 

The last couple of ECM runs for next week is making less of a ridge of high pressure around the Xmas period and more mobile stuff by the 27th though as you say in this part of the world looks drier but milder...not sure about frosty either!

Edited by Froze were the Days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...