Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

25 minutes ago, tinybill said:

Radar saying  it  could  get a bit  interesting    here  tonight

Really interesting!?!...rain, wind? unless we're getting gales or stronger in my opinion it's not interesting.

You seem to advice us every other day that the radar is saying this that or the other...wake me up when something actually happens! (sorry turning into a meteorological Victor Meldrew but that's what our winters do to us).

Rain started here again this evening. 

What I’d do for this chart to verify, probably a 5% chance but a 5% chance more than any snow or cold to replace this mind numbing boring rain. 

0925B404-FD1B-4603-A1F6-D89BB08D9541.jpeg

Flooding potential is definitely evident in the Mole valley and catchment area 

2D7C7B3C-C637-4931-AAB9-B332A80AFFE9.jpeg

5B6AC092-1362-4E40-A4D5-E9B69492BCE5.jpeg

8294B635-21AB-4082-9C14-77A9807861DA.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

What I’d do for this chart to verify, probably a 5% chance but a 5% chance more than any snow or cold to replace this mind numbing boring rain. 

Totally agree re above - dry clear frosty weather would be a dream 

Finally got snow...watching the NFL live game between Kansas City and Denver Broncos and it's hammering down and -3c. If you can't get it on your doorstep then get it on live TV 😀...Oh to live on a continent and away from the bloody Atlantic. 

By the way if we had those conditions here do you think we'd be playing football or Rugby in it? not a chance...in the States they get on with things no matter what and to hell with health and safety.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Back in Heathrow tonight after two weeks in Prague, am overjoyed to find it’s absolutely chucking it down 🤣 As if the election result wasn’t heartwarming enough 💩 🤮

1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

75 days until Spring! Will be here in a flash 😊

After this mornings brief hailstorm here the weather quitened down a tad so I headed for my favoured spot in Hastings, Rock a Nore, in time for this afternoons high tide.

Despite not being particularly windy and the sea not being as rough as it has been in the last week or so it was still worth an hour or two of my time to just sit and watch the waves.

Edited by SenlacJack

Crazy crazy crazy weather.. Intense Hail storm just went over here.. That was proper! 

Quite a hail storm here, everything is white. Closest we will get to snow this year. Thunder too.

Edited by lassie23

10 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Quite a hail storm here, everything is white. Closest we will get to snow this year. Thunder too.

Yes indeed, second night in a row of thunder and hail in the capital.Been a lively few days weatherwise in this area. Looks like more rain and gales later in the week too. Certainly making up for the dry spell early in the year which is good. 

Feeling a bit under the weather as they say, and I never heard any rain/thunder/hail / weather here last night. The only thing I noticed when I was busy in the garden putting up lights is the fact it is much milder today and the fact Bubs paddling pool which was strangely  left outside was completely full of water, almost overflowing. That is alot of water thats fallen.

Just imagine if that had all been snow. 

Darren Bett just on the BBC1 news evening weather. 

Gleaming smile and upbeat voice because it turns wet, windy and mild AGAIN this week. 

Is he aware that most of the UK is saturated with surface water and bogged landscape, irritating tw*t!! 

Had a walk around a place called watermead near Aylesbury this afternoon the lake is very high now and over topping onto the pathways some of which are now not accessible, it really shows you how wet it's been the ducks where casually paddling in areas where you walk loving life! 🙂🦆🦢

IMG_20191216_152317.thumb.jpg.5a546be021af8189e03545bb20ea724c.jpg

IMG_20191216_154141.thumb.jpg.6753ce0f117610ce7105bb18b4c98b68.jpg

IMG_20191216_153711.thumb.jpg.f1fc464e43f273963672193468ac1357.jpg

IMG_20191216_151532.thumb.jpg.cd45bc499e97b8482fce41b361f17289.jpg

IMG_20191216_150816.thumb.jpg.968e0c08f3d09a3bd4cd47e314ab7641.jpg

Edited by jordan smith

Incessant rain since about mid morning here in St Leonards on Sea. 

It really is becoming tiresome now. 

Screenshot_20191216_193218_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

2 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

Incessant rain since about mid morning here in St Leonards on Sea. 

It really is becoming tiresome now. 

Screenshot_20191216_193218_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

Funny really that Arpege had snow along the northern edge of this band of PPN the other day...with temps of 6-8c!

We seem to be stuck under a rain making 'Sussex Streamer' here today, it's rained incessantly since mid morning here in the Hastings area.

10.4mm so far recorded at nearby Herstmonceux and still pouring down.

I can only speak for my local area and taking the reports from the Herstmoneux site, they seem to confirm what others have been posting regarding the rainfall in this neck of the woods in the last few months.

The Herstmoncuex rainfall stats as I have noted them :

September : 94.2mm. 1981-2010 average: 65.3mm **
October: 130.6mm. 1981-2010 average: 107.7mm
November: 189.0mm. 1981-2010 average: 101.0mm

** September started off fairly dry and average but the period between 22nd-30th reported 85.8mm.

December so far..60.8mm and more to come looking at the forecasts.

😞

Another dank dull morning with light/moderate rain since about 9pm last night with a few heavier bursts.about 7 degrees but doesn’t feel cold as no wind-just a miserable day.Tomorrow looks sunny and dry but make most of it as from about 11pm it looks like rain comes back again and Thursday and Thursday night look none too clever with quite a bit of heavy rain around😔oh joy😢

Dreary, dull weather at Heathrow today, not been too wet so far but the radar suggests heavier rain later. The Thames at Staines is very high at the moment. Need a bit of high pressure for a while, endless rain is very boring.

Edited by stainesbloke

2 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Another vile day...been raining (mainly light) since 8 pm last night, when will this nightmare end?

April, probably!