Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

You folks are rubbing it in 🙂 ...one thing I've noticed over recent years as I live nearer to the North Sea, really need to be in some cold air to get an air frost in November or early December something which was easily achievable 20+ years ago.

Is this station near you FwtD?

WWW.BURNHAMONCROUCHWEATHER.COM

Burnham on Crouch Weather Station

Just one air frost (0.0°C) recorded at that location since February.

Crazy really. I've managed 9 at this tropical resort. 🥶

Not sure why it's a suprise.. Quite cold upper air temperatures with light winds and clear skies behind an area of low pressure that dragged down colder northerly winds earlier. 

Edited by jordan smith

it  could  get a bit stormy  later   something to keep an eye on

Quite a defined squall line looks crossing the region later and most have it timed with rush hour.. Winds will already be strong but this little feature could really enhance the wind.. 

11 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Is this station near you FwtD?

WWW.BURNHAMONCROUCHWEATHER.COM

Burnham on Crouch Weather Station

Just one air frost (0.0°C) recorded at that location since February.

Crazy really. I've managed 9 at this tropical resort. 🥶

Not sure, probably in town as I live just outside Burnham, but yes no doubt this is due to a warming North Sea. Coldest night time temp so far recorded 0.2c and I have a British Standard Max/Min thermometer in a Stevenson screen so should be reasonably accurate.

12 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

What does hinged even mean in this context ...?

is it hinge or unhinged

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

is it hinge or unhinged

Just did a thesaurus on unhinged - deranged, mad, disturbed, crazy, crackers.....sounds about right for our weather and the MAD thread at times lol

Edited by Coopsy

3 hours ago, Coopsy said:

Just did a thesaurus on unhinged - deranged, mad, disturbed, crazy, crackers.....sounds about right for our weather and the MAD thread at times lol

lol The MAD thread hinges on the unhinged posting about phantom cold spells otherwise there would be five sensible post a week all by Knocker

Things must be getting desperate, people are getting excited over the prospect of snow on northern hills

Icon runs a nasty sub 1970 low into England and Wales on Friday Night into Saturday. Icon paints quite a vicious picture with winds into the 70s for Southern parts.

image.thumb.png.a8c65d273a4d835a475c86d2bf28e44b.png

Travelling home at the moment not looking forward to walking in that squall line that is about to hit soon .

1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Travelling home at the moment not looking forward to walking in that squall line that is about to hit soon .

It hit nicely with driving wind and rain for the long walk into Chessington College from the car park. Even the mad lads usually playing football on the astro turf were nowhere to be seen! Looked like a blizzard falling under the flood lights - if only ⛄

Edited by Reefseeker

2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

This may pack a punch when it arrives!

9A8B957C-AC95-4C9A-AB81-CDA72BB1FF00.jpeg

Looks like my location has ducked the punch. I was looking forward to the squall line arriving so thought I'd check the latest radar only to find there's a great big gap heading towards my location. Never mind, I'm sure I'll be fed up with wind and rain by the time this week has done with us. :oldlaugh:

165267613_Radar10Dec20_05.thumb.jpg.744022766d92e901bb08c93c3ca9d412.jpg

44 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

It hit nicely with driving wind and rain for the long walk into Chessington College from the car park. Even the mad lads usually playing football on the astro turf were nowhere to be seen! Looked like a blizzard falling under the flood lights - if only ⛄

Yeah if only , I was just getting off the 71 bus when it hit and I stood under the bus shelter for a few mins until the worst past , I thought the winds might be a bit more gusty but I didn’t really feel that . Hopefully we can get some decent wintry weather soon . 

The squall line seems to have broken up right above me. I’m under the quiet bit....typical lol 

0BBB9A6B-958C-4DBA-B7A4-43437F89750C.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

The squall line seems to have broken up right above me. I’m under the quiet bit....typical lol 

0BBB9A6B-958C-4DBA-B7A4-43437F89750C.jpeg

Wow! if we're getting excited about this it's going to be a long long winter...just a bit of rain with some wind.

11 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Wow! if we're getting excited about this it's going to be a long long winter...just a bit of rain with some wind.

ha ha when you look at it like that you realise how poor things are right now

Yep no snow this Christmas. Till storm season then.

Chilly here

Temps down to 5.2c & est 4.4c up the road at West kingsdown

Keep an eye on that GFS low at T96 it scoots east over the midlands bringing snow

History tells us that these correct south - you never know 🙂