Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Looking at the current output, should I be concerend about the weather as I'm due to fly from Heathrow next Wednesday evening! Please say I have no need to worry lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A little milder this morning, no fog or frost, but some cloud which quickly gave way to some sun. 

Going to watch Bubs dance later, so will be coming home as it really starts to get darker. In fact I would say it's much darker this year than last, oddly.

Posted

ok lets face it. If our warm little corner of the south east has those charts showing on the mad discussion then we are going to be in the firing line for election day...... if not prozac will be handed out on mass in there, trying to work out if its a trend or just one run.... so many eye candy charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
25 minutes ago, Optimistic said:

Should I go and tell all my friends, relatives and work colleagues that it is going to snow next week? Or should I be wise and wait this time 

Lol , top tip from me ‘little miss wisdom’, keep it zipped, the chances of experiencing an election snowmageddon white out day in these parts is about as likely as the Martians landing on Horsell Common....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
45 minutes ago, Optimistic said:

Should I go and tell all my friends, relatives and work colleagues that it is going to snow next week? Or should I be wise and wait this time 

I told everyone a foot of snow is on the way. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I may of got a tad excited over the prospect of those far off snow filled charts 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Another superb sunny and not too chilly a day. Temps reached 7C. 45F. Thats not bad for early December.Frosty again tonight, nice too be in front of a roaring fire watching the two Ronnies and sipping me Wee drink.

• Like 2

Posted

Perfect charts a week away...what could go wrong....jet stream shunts north...low barrels through....too marginal for us down south OR it might just snow. Only time will tell. I think I know where my money is.

Right now though a lovely sunny crisp winters day....more of this please (until the snowstorm hits  ) 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

As others have said, a gorgeous sunny day. Hoping for some freezing fog tonight 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

You work for the Daily Express?...

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

You work for the Daily Express?...

I would love to write for them, no research required and just blame the polar vortex for everything lol 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Following my wisdom about keeping it zipped regarding Election Day snow, I’ve gone and disregarded it, an impulse buy from Aldi on the way home from work! ❄️⛄

9F137544-D6E0-4342-9DA2-6F484B1724CE.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So here we go... everyone in the model room getting overly excited... I’m not saying anything... we have been here many times before...weather quest have said the chance of this happening at this stage only 22%... I. Two days time I bet it be all downgraded ...watch this space 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
2 hours ago, slater said:

So here we go... everyone in the model room getting overly excited... I’m not saying anything... we have been here many times before...weather quest have said the chance of this happening at this stage only 22%... I. Two days time I bet it be all downgraded ...watch this space 

Wouldn't be at all surprised, just Posted this on the Moans and Banter Thread:

Quote:

"As I stated the other Day in a Post, I'm now 64 and I've been interested in Meteorology for 50+ Years.

I've lived in S.E.London/N.W.Kent for the great majority of my life and I havn't experienced too many Pre-Xmas Snowfalls, in that time.

December 1981 and December 2010, were obviously notable for the amount of Pre-Xmas Cold and Snow. They really are, exceptions to the Rule though.

FWIW, the epic Winter of 1962/63 didn't start in earnest, until Boxing Day '62.

Likewise the Snowy Winter of 1978/79, didn't get going until the Snowstorm of Dec.30th struck, the Southern half of the U.K.

Any new Members reading these Threads, take it from an "Oldie Coldie", hanging your hat on Pre-Xmas Snowfall (esp. in the South of the U.K.), is a recipe for frayed nerves, before December has been finished with.

Patience is a very advisable virtue, when hunting Winter Cold and Snow, in the U.K".

Meanwhile, MeteoGroup seem to be enthusiastic about Cold and Wintry Weather, as we go through next Week:

WWW.BBC.CO.UKTurning milder but more unsettled in the coming days as low pressure returns. But will the unsettled theme prevail through next week? Stav Danaos has the details.

But will it reach as far South, as our "neck of the woods"?

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Pretty sunset at Heathrow today

E0535451-F468-407C-9B4C-BECB8B2677C6.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!

20191203_110344.thumb.jpg.b780b57211c5a9702b9c316447d0184b.jpg

Cormarants at the ready . Cold and crisp all day in the smoke. Not too cold in the sun when it was up. Working in Canning Town, so hoping East India Dock freezes soon. . . . . photos to follow ???????❤❄20191203_105928.thumb.jpg.08f63dc17b2683c4db02ca177404904d.jpg

Edited by icykev
  • Like 1

Posted

Note to people in the MOD thread, cross model agreement first, get excited later and if two of the major models show blizzards and one says no, back the one that says no and ignore the ramps as 90 percent of the time that one model tends to be correct.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Note to people in the MOD thread, cross model agreement first, get excited later and if two of the major models show blizzards and one says no, back the one that says no and ignore the ramps as 90 percent of the time that one model tends to be correct.

I'm surprised - when did a chart 10 days out ever deliver the snowy goods when 2 are on board and the other not? It might have happened before but likely? Maybe shows how much people want snow this year - myself included. Anyway still some potential next week for some.

Today was a thick frost, white everywhere and now a lovely sunrise - I'll take that in the run up to Christmas. Wet and Windy on the big day? Hope not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Too much of a coincidence that it shows snow for 'that day' Maybe on some lonely mountain but here I doubt it. 

Stunning sun set yesterday evening, very much like my last photo, but where we were not so blocked by trees.

A bit cold this morning.

Edited by Dami

Posted
2 hours ago, Coopsy said:

I'm surprised - when did a chart 10 days out ever deliver the snowy goods when 2 are on board and the other not? It might have happened before but likely? Maybe shows how much people want snow this year - myself included. Anyway still some potential next week for some.

Today was a thick frost, white everywhere and now a lovely sunrise - I'll take that in the run up to Christmas. Wet and Windy on the big day? Hope not.

Yes anything but a wet and windy christmas, even a snow grain would be welcome, more than one, even more so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days

Hi to everyone from a gorgeous sunny but cold day from Brighton. This is my first post of this winter. Let's hope to see nice snowy days here in Brighton as well. I checked that snow forecast but it seems like we won't get anyhting here next week  (classic). I hope it will al change and cover whole SE England ❤️

• Like 6