Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been a lovely late autumn day here-slight frost this morning but clear blue skies but a max of only 5.7 degrees and looks like similar daytime temps till at least next Wednesday but thankfully dry with more frost on the way.

current temp 0.1 here in Locksbottom as at 10.40pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bubs is going to archery, so while looking at numerous weather forecasts to guide me on what to get her to wear, I turned to alexa :

Currently in Bedford, it is -3 degrees with clear skies and sun. The weather today has snow furries.

Actual weather -1 with fog, clearing later and dry.

I think it's giving me the wrong Bedford forecast ( the one from Bedford USA, which is -3 etc).

GUTTED.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Beautiful fog and frost, this morning.  It was not forecasted for Thurrock and it came as a lovely surprise.  The temperature is 4.0 Celsius and the  humidity has gone done from 80% to 75%. The barometric pressure has risen to 1019.7. 

Wednesday 30th November 2019 frost and frog back garden2.2.png

Wednesday 30th November 2019 frost and frog back garden.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Well I have never seen such a thing before.
It's raining on frost! 

It's -0.5 here, dewpoint of -0.7 and a proper beautiful frost... but it's raining! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

What a lovely morning!

IMG_7876[1].JPG

IMG_7875[1].JPG

IMG_7874[1].JPG

IMG_7873[1].JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Alexa has now changed my forecast, to a village across from me, and is more on the money with -1 and fog. However it still thinks i will get snow furries. 

silly alexa. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny morning after early fog and frost. Some very eerie dense but very patchy fog last night 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Another 3 hours clearing leaves off the drive & jet washing the concrete

pretty much done now !

FBBB0493-5DCA-4408-ADD0-B26969726774.thumb.jpeg.5d605ea756f528140239acbd691b0ad5.jpeg

AA12D460-EEEF-4642-B5DF-7D0B4D124584.thumb.jpeg.37406322d51de967132003f35bcaf25c.jpeg

My little mate waiting for me

F075B6EF-CE64-4A5D-AC95-1356140108D3.thumb.jpeg.04cc432641e7f0f99bc038bab9c689b6.jpeg

Yes Steve a good job done you don't want mushy autumn leaves getting mixed up with the dumpings of snow you're going to get this winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Lovely crisp clear day in the Surrey Hills today. Not as chilly as I was expecting it to be whilst spending three hours being shot at by Nerf gun’s in the stocks at the school Christmas fair. Beautiful sunset at Newlands Corner on the North Downs this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I can only go by the reports from my nearest Weathercast station at Herstmoncuex ( 12 miles away ) but according to those reports these are the figures:

Recorded Sunshine this month: 50.94 Hours

1981-2010 average for this month: 70.4 Hours

Number of days with zero sunshine recorded this month: 12

Total rainfall for this month: 210.4 mm

1981-2010 average for this month: 101.0 mm

Days with recorded rainfall above 1.0 mm this month: 20

1981-2010 average above 1.0 mm for this month: 12

The stats seem to confirm that overall it's been a pretty awful month in this neck of the woods. The last couple of days have at least seen a bit more in the way of sunshine and less rainfall but there's now a nagging easterly wind dragging the 'feel like' temperature down.

Edited by SenlacJack
Edited to say these are the stats for November 2019
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning All, so first day of Winter starts of with 3c and some damp conditions here in Norfolk the odd shower coming of the coast overnight.

I do get annoyed looking at the model comments. I know it’s a hobby for lots of them I get that... but why do they always get excited looking at charts 10 days away that show snow and freezing temperatures. 

We live on a island surrounded by relatively warm seas and as we know chances of a snowy December is very rare .look at 2010 yes it happened but It was a 1 in 50 year event.

Met office and Weatherquest in Norwich have all gone for a mild winter with occasionally cold snaps which in my eyes is a typical UK winter. Those in the model forum looking for weeks of freezing temperatures need to move to Russia if that’s what you want.

Posted
5 minutes ago, slater said:

Morning All, so first day of Winter starts of with 3c and some damp conditions here in Norfolk the odd shower coming of the coast overnight.

I do get annoyed looking at the model comments. I know it’s a hobby for lots of them I get that... but why do they always get excited looking at charts 10 days away that show snow and freezing temperatures. 

We live on a island surrounded by relatively warm seas and as we know chances of a snowy December is very rare .look at 2010 yes it happened but It was a 1 in 50 year event.

Met office and Weatherquest in Norwich have all gone for a mild winter with occasionally cold snaps which in my eyes is a typical UK winter. Those in the model forum looking for weeks of freezing temperatures need to move to Russia if that’s what you want.

yep   looking  at the gfs  la la  land just might see some cold weather  about  15 dec   mind that a long way  out

Edited by tinybill

Posted

So when is this dry spell supposed to get here? Heavy showers Friday afternoon, yesterday afternoon and now this morning too. The triangle of doom is definitely gloomy n wet, until the snow arrives, when it will miraculously clear up and not a flake will be seen! Really not liking weather right now, so fed up of the flooded roads, fields and constant cloudy skies. Moan over  happy December all x

• Like 5

Posted

Alright, so I was woken by the sonic boom (and every dog in our apartment block barking because of it) at 4.20 this morning, but I'm sure than when I got up this morning, I saw something wintry fall from the sky.  Tiny little snowflakes, whirling around on the breeze but gone in under 3 minutes. It was beautiful...and I'm 99% certain I wasn't dreaming it!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been a strange day, today as It started with a cloudy sky and then it became clear for just over an hour. It has been cloudy since 2:30 pm where there was a very light shower of rain.

The temperature at 15:57 is 8.3 Celsius.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It feels so much colder than it is out there this evening. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was about to snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Nice little streamer in progress, shame it's rain