Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

It’s been another horrible day, I’m surprised they didn’t put another weather warning for in the south because I think today was worse than yesterday the roads today have been loads worse because we had all the rain yesterday and today all the fields can’t cope and are just pushing water down roads.  The river as I said yesterday is now incredibly high which is very scary.

• Like 1

These were taken this morning before the day DOA rapidly - the Mole is very high in Cobham tonight not sure how long the basin time lag is but today’s rain probably still to hit the river so guess it maybe flooding in the village by the mill tomorrow.....

22B61AE9-D3D5-4A58-92EC-BFD4D1490232.jpeg

93140DFD-19D5-4781-AD40-CDD80439F312.jpeg

• Like 1

After a bright start here in Locksbottom the rain returned about midday and has been on and off with the odd heavier burst for rest of the day.The temp did reach 12 which has been mildest day of November here but didn’t feel like it in the rain.More rain to come from mid-late afternoon tomorrow but hopefully from Friday we will have a 5 day dry period which will be much welcomed with temperatures dropping but us seeing some nice winter sunshine?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Absolutely lashing it down again ?

Roll on tomorrow 

Too right.  So fed up with getting damp and mud. Hopefully will soon be crisp and even. It can freeze long and hard as I have already dug my Christmas tree up and potted it. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

few frosty nights coming up......Merry Christmas all.

That's your white stuff for this year then - back to rain after? Merry Christmas ?

• Like 1

Am leaving a very blustery Prague this morning, at least I’ve seen some sunshine here. Hopefully some more of that over the next few days in London. Looks like it won’t be as wet as recently. 

15 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Mole was very high through Cobham yesterday just started to go down again thankfully 

C118E6F3-D0BC-41EB-992A-6BD53269C93F.jpeg

Wow I think you get a good idea here of how close it is to being really disruptive. Thankfully there's a dry spell coming up otherwise I could see that path and road and beyond being underwater.

• Like 1

What a smashing day calm with clear blue skies. Temp at 7C. 45F. Thats not bad for the end of November, feels very nice in the sun, even mowed the lawn again in shirtsleeves, may be a bit cooler tonight under the clear sky.