Jump to content
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

I haven't even ventured into the Mod thread so far this season after 'mild gate' (late last January) when I dared to mention a few times that the ecm model at days 9/10 were trending to bring in mild conditions on a few runs and as 99% in there were looking for increasing cold on the back of the BBC/MetO and was it the European or Glosea monthly updates?...I was vilified by a few regular posters and one's I never heard of (whom I won't mention) even to type mild at the time and at that timescale.

Needless to say in true Alan Partridge style I wasn't wrong and 'had the last laugh' and yes be careful what you say in that thread if you dare to post just make sure it's what the majority want to hear.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Radar showing some sleet in parts of East anglia anyone confirm that? 

I'd be surprised, temperatures are going up here...8.5c currently.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I haven't even ventured into the Mod thread so far this season after 'mild gate' (late last January) when I dared to mention a few times that the ecm model at days 9/10 were trending to bring in mild conditions on a few runs and as 99% in there were looking for increasing cold on the back of the BBC/MetO and was it the European or Glosea monthly updates?...I was vilified by a few regular posters and one's I never heard of (whom I won't mention) even to type mild at the time and at that timescale.

Needless to say in true Alan Partridge style I wasn't wrong and 'had the last laugh' and yes be careful what you say in that thread if you dare to post just make sure it's what the majority want to hear.

Should i let them know that the October Fog Index says no, put them all out of their misery. They might as well close that thread until the storm season as I just had a look in there and the trend is no longer our friend and winter is over.......AGAIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I'd be surprised, temperatures are going up here...8.5c currently.

A couple places in some parts of East anglia are a few degrees colder than that but I suspect that wintriness was on high ground. 

Screenshot_20191112_132343_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.bf215eeb77ea00f3893488786a789532.jpg

Edited by jordan smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure its not heavier rain, if the weather type is off, on the netweather radar, the brighter the colours the heavier the rain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold on, the trend is our friend again, Siberian high is expected to move over Greenland in the near future according to some tweeter, winter is back on🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Hold on, the trend is our friend again, Siberian high is expected to move over Greenland in the near future according to some tweeter, winter is back on🙄

I think that's on the basis of Judah Cohen's tweet or whatever his name is...if I had a pound for every time he's been wrong as well! 💰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

I think that's on the basis of Judah Cohen's tweet or whatever his name is...if I had a pound for every time he's been wrong as well! 💰

Yes sounded like a cold ramper tweet lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After last year i'm going to sit quiet and see what we get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, snowrye said:

Sure its not heavier rain, if the weather type is off, on the netweather radar, the brighter the colours the heavier the rain

I know that? No I specifically switched to precipitation type and the green indicated sleet really shouldn't be surprising given a chilly air mass.👍🙂

Edited by jordan smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a wet afternoon, heavy snow here in Prague now with surfaces quickly going white! October/November Fog Index accurate as had plenty of dense fogs in the last few weeks.

E81EAE4A-A126-4CFA-9A37-BB9C53EE0CD2.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I got in the car after work it had an ice warning on it which is the first one this year for me it was sitting at the 3 degrees. I then went food shopping and by around 18.30 the temperature had shot up to 9. I’m keeping an eye on the weather for Thursday and the weather warning that we have. I’m so fed up with this wet weather now. We were lucky to have two dry remembrance services once on Sunday and again yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

After a wet afternoon, heavy snow here in Prague now with surfaces quickly going white! October/November Fog Index accurate as had plenty of dense fogs in the last few weeks.

E81EAE4A-A126-4CFA-9A37-BB9C53EE0CD2.jpeg

Very Jealous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

After a wet afternoon, heavy snow here in Prague now with surfaces quickly going white! October/November Fog Index accurate as had plenty of dense fogs in the last few weeks.

E81EAE4A-A126-4CFA-9A37-BB9C53EE0CD2.jpeg

Amazing 19/20c a few weeks ago and now that, but that's the continental climate for you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

When I got in the car after work it had an ice warning on it which is the first one this year for me it was sitting at the 3 degrees. I then went food shopping and by around 18.30 the temperature had shot up to 9. I’m keeping an eye on the weather for Thursday and the weather warning that we have. I’m so fed up with this wet weather now. We were lucky to have two dry remembrance services once on Sunday and again yesterday.

Ive had the ice warnings on the car both today and yesterday, this morning felt proper cold but, i do leave for work at 4:30am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Very Jealous. 

It was that yucky wet snow that I dislike but was great to see the huge flakes and so many of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Amazing 19/20c a few weeks ago and now that, but that's the continental climate for you 🙂

Yes, one reason I moved here, I like seasons lol. 

Friends living just outside Oslo have had a fair amount of snow ⛄️ 

1256AD18-DFAE-48B3-965A-4E11903298AD.jpeg

F82A070E-9DA8-4C13-8F54-22C9F88DE267.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another chilly day with a max of only 7.6 degrees here in Locksbottom and feeling miserable and cold in the rain in the early afternoon.indeed it has been a colder than average first 12 days of November here and that theme looks like continuing for the next 5 days or so with some heavy rain due tomorrow night into Thursday!!Oh joy ☔☔😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't actually feel quite as cold today.  Saw some places in Ireland and Okehampton have got some snow.

😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jordan smith said:

I know that? No I specifically switched to precipitation type and the green indicated sleet really shouldn't be surprising given a chilly air mass.👍🙂

It’s unlikely to be strictly sleet as such; I believe the ‘sleet’ colour can also be shown in place of graupel, ice pellets, hail, and even just cold rain in some circumstances (despite the fact that a separate colour exists for hail as well). It’s just how the radar chooses to compute what is falling, and can be influenced by factors such as elevation ASL, dew point, etc.

Edited by LightningLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the 'beast' it showed me under Green for some of it but it was snow.

Edited by Dami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dami said:

During the 'beast' it showed me under Green for some of it but it was snow.

I wonder exactly how it determines it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might be a bit wet in  the morning !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in west London tonight for a couple of days and it’s absolutely tipping it down, heavy rain now. Not good.

Edited by stainesbloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...