Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Just catching up with forecasts and yes tomorrow is looking tricky - wonder if it will be named ? So often we have had more disruptive weather when the storms haven’t been named ?!!

Storm David named by France was a classic example. UK met didnt think it was severe enough to name. 

• Like 1

Up early just pulled the  cover over the swimming pool was expecting it to be tricky conditions but it’s actually bright and calm here inland , 10c but pressure is low at just 972 mb ... they canx the farmers market in Walton-on-Thames because of the expected winds later !?

Edited by Badgers01
4 hours ago, jordan smith said:

Storm David named by France was a classic example. UK met didnt think it was severe enough to name. 

still quiet  here!! but my main worry will be for some just looking  ay the gfs is the amount  of rain coming even deep into fantasy world  and the flooding in the country

• Like 1

High ways  have said due  to bigh winds our Orwell bridge will be shuting at 9  appox I live near ig its pretty lack lusty at there at  the    moment  but looking at the radar I think will  need to batten down it's looking a bit   wild on our side of  the  band

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, tinybill said:

High ways  have said due  to bigh winds our Orwell bridge will be shuting at 9  appox I live near ig its pretty lack lusty at there at  the    moment  but looking at the radar I think will  need to batten down it's looking a bit   wild on our side of  the  band

Woke up at 6AM and you wouldn't know a storm was coming..2 hours later.. Clear blue skies and not a breath of wind has turned to overcast heavy rain and the wind is picking up very quickly.. Going to get pretty nasty in a few hours... 

THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO LINK FOR FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW

1604469044_storm2.thumb.png.0ca3d3ecafcdb9a07bb6652017ac2bcc.png

https://www.severe-weather.eu/outlooks-day1/outlook-day1-valid-02-11-2019-mk/?fbclid=IwAR0zdz1aX28x32KLRmpD2k_VWkaFoKkjMaZs94eOViPFEnWXRNcKqrsuFDQ

What makes this storm worse is it is actually still deepening as it crosses us .. not by much only a few MB but it means it will maintain its strength while it crosses the country 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Woke up at 6AM and you wouldn't know a storm was coming..2 hours later.. Clear blue skies and not a breath of wind has turned to overcast heavy rain and the wind is picking up very quickly.. Going to get pretty nasty in a few hours... 

THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO LINK FOR FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW

1604469044_storm2.thumb.png.0ca3d3ecafcdb9a07bb6652017ac2bcc.png

https://www.severe-weather.eu/outlooks-day1/outlook-day1-valid-02-11-2019-mk/?fbclid=IwAR0zdz1aX28x32KLRmpD2k_VWkaFoKkjMaZs94eOViPFEnWXRNcKqrsuFDQ

What makes this storm worse is it is actually still deepening as it crosses us .. not by much only a few MB but it means it will maintain its strength while it crosses the country 

Yes, still very still here in south east London, strange eerie feeling, just seeing the first leaves rustle.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SouthLondonCold said:

Yes, still very still here in south east London, strange eerie feeling, just seeing the first leaves rustle.

Some serious convection going in within the main rain band to... according to something I read on Facebook this morning it could enhance wind gusts over land above 60mph... ?

• Like 2

Yeah the rain band is defined and sharp. Could these be our strongest winds since that wave feature in early March that brought some trees down here?

5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Some serious convection going in within the main rain band to... according to something I read on Facebook this morning it could enhance wind gusts over land above 60mph... ?

I do not about Thurrock getting windy weather as it is still relatively calm with only a light breeze.  It could be the calm before the storm.  The barometric pressure has lowered further from 989.6 hPa down to 979.4 hPa  and is only 08:48 am.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Change data
  • Like 1

It is raining very heavily and the winds have begun to get stronger. The barometer has lowered again lowered from 979.4 hPa to 978.2 hpa.  My cat Simba is more restless than usual, probably very sensitive to the change in weather.