South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

6 or 7 lightning strikes  early evening yesterday, a nice surprise. But despite the current thunderstorm warning, no mention of thunder in the forecast....we'll see.

My allotment neighbour, who is a Latvian grandma and who is very in tune with nature says we'll get one more warm spell then an early autumn and winter. She says the plants know. Might call it the Latvian Grandma Index.

I hope the warm spell starts this time next week as we're on our first annual leave of the year, bar the bank holidays, don't fancy 8.c nights in a tent!

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Been listening to thunder that went north of me, and over to deal. A few booms involved. Now looks like I have something "oming over. Hopefully not just rain. 

• Like 1

Big booms, lightening and monster hale here, it was actually quite frightening. Gone dark again so expecting more of the same shortly. 

I'm not a newbie, just forgot my sign in details 🙈

Eythorne, East Kent 

Edited by Jo Dawkins
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

So far it's just rain, couldn't make it up lol. 

I had torrential rain here yesterday evening with flooding, but not one rumble of thunder or lightning....typical!:olddoh:

12 minutes ago, Harry's House said:

A couple of discharges to my N'ly. No precipitation here at that time, but Downs obscured by very heavy precipitation.

I've a storm to my north, blue skies to my south, can here the thunder fro the storm, but when rain came over, there was no thunder or lightning in it. 

Edited by alexisj9

Finally, I have seen a decent lightning flash, followed by BOOM, shotgun thunder, wasn't a spectacular storm, but it will do

• Like 1

The triangle shield not only held firm, but reinforced itself to prevent rain too! Not a drop, been all around but nothing fell here, in fact been some very nice sunny spells all afternoon. 

15 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

The triangle shield not only held firm, but reinforced itself to prevent rain too! Not a drop, been all around but nothing fell here, in fact been some very nice sunny spells all afternoon. 

Same here, dark all around and not a drop of rain, bone dry. 

I would have gone out today but expected heavy rain for most of the afternoon so stayed in, so annoying.