South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Much better here today, sunny, warm but not hot a refreshing breeze and air you can breathe, my idea of a nice summers day ☺️

Edit. My o my, why o why, do I have thunderstorm symbols on my trusty beeb weather app for Friday?! :80:

No idea, downhere, extreme South East, we might have a chance tomorrow, although like with most of this year it will probably disappear. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Much better here today, sunny, warm but not hot a refreshing breeze and air you can breathe, my idea of a nice summers day ☺️

Edit. My o my, why o why, do I have thunderstorm symbols on my trusty beeb weather app for Friday?! :80:

Friday and Saturday will need keeping an eye on, some models are now stalling that front and pivoting it over the region. Never a good set up as there will be a risk of large rainfall amounts due to the sheer persistence of the rain.

Just for example, tonights GFS
144-777UK.GIF?23-12

Most falls through Friday and overnight. You get the gist and the UKMO shows a similar set up with the rain clearing slowly on Saturday with a strong northerly wind behind. Not pleasant for the Bank holiday weekend.

Weather today, some showers around and more general rain this evening for a time. Still some decent weather in between with lighter winds.

• Like 2

Never fails to amaze me how many times this late Spring and Sumer I have recorded daily maxes which have exceeded what BBC/BBC website has forecast for the day (other than the hot period)...21c predicted for today and currently 23.1c. My location has to be one of the warmest when it comes to Atlantic conditions from the south west or west in the summer in the entire UK.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Been a nice day for me here, mostly clear skies and a short sharp shower around 3pm delivering 6mm of rain now back to partly cloudy skies, Max of 21c 

Getting a regular train of sharp showers and hail here this afternoon with the odd rumble of thunder thrown in. Roads flooding fast when the deluges come then it all clears for literal rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Reefseeker
53 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Already had a gust of 45mph this morning here, it's coming. 

Wind slowly picking up, but max of 26mph so far. Local weather saying 55mph expected later this afternoon after the rain has come through.

12 hours ago, tinybill said:

all i say  tomorowcould be intresting  to say  the least!!!

Makes you wonder how the direction of the winds and tides might interact.

Morning

3mm of rain here so far, the wind gusting to 30mph. 

High tide in Folkestone is just after 4pm, Exactly when the strongest gusts here are forecast into the low 50mph’s so might go take some photos of the sea crashing over the Harbour Arm.

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Still calm here considering what was forecast. 17c winds 15mph, guests less than 30mph. Have the met over egged the forecast? So far definitely no need for a warning. But then we had days of warnings for thunderstorms and never got a nibble.

After the heavy rain, the sun is now out. The wind gusts will strengthen a lot more later this afternoon especially as we approach this evening into the early hours tomorrow

• Like 2