Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

The temperature at 12:43 is 12.6ºC while the inside temperature is 19ºC.  The humidity is at 73% and the barometric pressure is rising and is at 1024.3 .

Today’s little mystery.  

Where did this raw king prawn come from that I found in the middle of our lawn. New weather event to look out for? I personally haven’t got a clue neither us or our neighbours have had prawns recently. 

66A1EEC9-A126-4687-824B-972CB60E3715.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Today’s little mystery.  

Where did this raw king prawn come from that I found in the middle of our lawn. New weather event to look out for? I personally haven’t got a clue neither us or our neighbours have had prawns recently. 

66A1EEC9-A126-4687-824B-972CB60E3715.jpeg

Probs dropped by a bird ?

1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Probs dropped by a bird ?

My assumption to.  Just wonder where it was nicked from.

Cats and dogs I am use to after recent weeks of wet. 

The afternoon temperature has not gone up much and at 4:27 pm the temperature is at 14.0ºC and the barometric pressure has gone up to 1022.3.

I’m at Ashburnham place near Battle helping out on a holiday for families who have benefited from debt help from Christians against Poverty (CAP). It’s a beautiful setting, not taken any photos in the day yet, however spotted some tall fungi on our night walk in the woods, it was very atmospheric with lots of hooting owls and barking foxes! The nights sky is stunning tonight, lots of constellations to spot if you know what they are,the plough is my limit! 🙄

8660C466-1EEE-4E82-AFFA-433CA47D67D4.jpeg

36B88DE9-0AC4-471D-82E9-B211F32188B6.jpeg

A beautiful day after the 30mm of rain we had yesterday, such a shame it is a weekday with no chance for a walk.

However, it was very foggy at home up on the hills this morning but (as usual) the drive down into town produced very different weather. 
The photo’s (not great as I was in a hurry) are directed back from town towards the hills.

EADF1D88-3D56-4F9E-87F3-C60D7F044F89.jpeg

2D862418-7A63-4648-BC19-38EE44E9098D.jpeg

Forgot to say, some fairly big temperature differentials locally at the moment!

4.6c here, much warmer down the hill and the dip along the road getting their first frost from the looks of it..

DD5DB2F4-667F-49A6-A906-75E1EFE979E7.png

13 hours ago, bluebell said:

Some misty pics from Icklesham this morning. It’s a delight to have a respite from slate grey sky and rain, yesterday was a real challenge in trying to find ways to be positive & that’s coming from a glass half full type of girl! 

F299BFAE-1172-42BC-B6E9-5E2A9E542C0E.jpeg

B48D6FBC-024D-4135-B842-7AAF0FD147CB.jpeg

McCartney's windmill looking eerily beautiful 

Well, it’s mid October. Nights are shorter, temps are lower.

My long annual hiatus from NW comes to an end!

Chilly here this morning; down to 3.5C at 06.00. Who are the lucky folk in the sunny middle of the UK as the 'squeeze' between fronts converging from north and south closes in. Norfolk looking good:

468422206_Satellite23Oct08_45.thumb.jpg.cd54c77cafe4336f0af66d656e4b9d83.jpg

What a stunning day yesterday. We mistakenly wore our winter coats to Nonsuch Park not noticing the 16 degrees showing on the car temperature. Yep, it was very warm in the sunshine. Not a brilliant pic below, I took it to capture the changing tree colours in the distance. In Uxbridge today, where the sky is resolutely grey under that cloud cover shown on @Blessed Weather satellite image. 

IMG_20191023_111419.jpg

Yep a chilly morning bottomed out at 4.4C coldest morning of season so far, forecast on app had 10C just a bit off.

My thermometer (new in the last few weeks) dropped to 0.6c this morning - wondering if there's a fault/calibration issue with it based on some of these other readings 🤔

11 hours ago, throwoff said:

Well, it’s mid October. Nights are shorter, temps are lower.

My long annual hiatus from NW comes to an end!

Good to have a fellow Medway member back so we can check on those all important snow posts 🙂

It is a dreary dank afternoon with very fine rain. The temperature is 13.3ºC with 78% humidity.  The barometric pressure is slowly falling and is at 1008.3. The time that this reading was taken was at 5:24pm.

What a horrible day! Never really felt like it got properly light, was warm and drizzly too which is not my favourite autumn weather 

It is the same over here in South Ockendon in Thurrock as there has been mist earlier on.  I can smell that autumn mist smell which is lingering on, long after the mist has gone.  The rain, is the awful persistent fine drizzle which reminds of autumns in the 60's in Ashington in NE Northumberland where every autumn was foggy and of the smell of smoking chimneys mixed with the odour of the dense fog.

Getting very dark here now - looks like the rain is very close. 13.1 degrees, and although it's been a damp morning so far, there's nothing measurable in the rain gauge. I think that's going to change fairly soon...

The main thing of note this morning is how dark it is - heavy mist is giving almost twilight like conditions here in the Surrey Hills .... all the lights are on at home 

What a foul dull miserable day to add to a number we've had this month - yuck!, wanting to get my front lawn cut but it's consistently wet.

Torrential rain with thunder in South London. Proper deluge. More to come by looks of it. 13c. Ground getting a good soaking. 

The fine drizzle has become a lot heavier.  I was putting my wild honeysuckle which is planted in pot (waiting until it is drier before it is replanted in a bigger pot) and the tips of my shoes have become very wet.  The main road outside is very wet and I won't be surprised if I hear of flashing flooding.  It is 1:08pm and the humidity is at 84% and the barometric pressure is falling steadily and is at 1002.4.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Adding extra information

Vile day, heavy rain. Worst of it seems to be in a line of PPN from Worthing to Horsham, torrential rain down that way.