South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, yamkin said:

Been raining here since 9am. Temp is now 19.4C

Rain didn't start here properly till about 13:30.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Beachy head shrouded in cloud, taken from the old bathing pool end of St Leonard’s seafront, what a contrast with last week! 

DD3607C9-9941-4806-BCF8-0E2D6F253167.jpeg

• Like 4

Started raining here in Locksbottom just before 9am when there were some fairly moderate bursts.Since lunchtime mainly heavy drizzly type rain and temperature been pretty static between 18-19 degrees.Looks like a couple hours moderate rain in the early hours and then a couple bright breezy days.Longer Range looks not too bad for SE with not too much rain in forecast and temps in late teens to early 20s so very pleasant in the sun👍

• Like 1

Started raining here just after 9 and has pretty much rained the rest of the day including now. Mostly drizzle but 8.8mm so far. The 33c of Last Wednesday seems such a long time ago. 

Very interesting BBC South East forecast this evening...Storm Ellen may be the first of several storms over the next few weeks as we've got an unusually active hurricane season coming that could have a knock on effect here. Said it could be a lively old Autumn. Wasn't expecting that !

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Dew points 19-20°C across the region tonight. Everything feels damp and the air feels heavy. Yuck! 🥵

Yeah, I thought we'd finally got rid of those, but here they are, yet again. 

Posted (edited)

The back end of yesterday's cloud and rain just clearing the Region and disappearing east. Should be lovely today, although a tad breezy this afternoon with gusts of 35 km (21 mph).

Satellite 07.00: 1324295266_Satellite20Aug07_00.thumb.jpg.2a06174d07efba1decdc5483ee21fc2c.jpg

But it's tomorrow when the wind will be the talking point, with gusts in the afternoon of possibly up to 80 km (50 mph) widely across the Region according to Arpege. So don't forget, last thing today, batten down any garden furniture you have out!

Arpege Friday 15.00: 1197302303_ArpegeGusts21Aug15_00.thumb.png.c28f80071868272e6a32f12e47c34055.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
Tweek
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

I see 27c already reached in Norwich 

Yep, we're melting on the boat at Sutton staithe! Getting Windier by the minute but it's a warm wind. Still very muggy.

• Like 1

27c, didn’t think it was suppose to get so hot today! 18mph southerly wind. I assume winds will pick up tomorrow, or are we sheltered here in the Anglia? 

• Like 1

Spent the day visiting a good friend who graduated 🎓 from Oxford Uni recently. Today was beautiful punting on the thames🛶🚣‍♂️ never knew something like that existed in the river, it was around 23c perfect conditions more comfortable than the 26-27c back home.

The thing that really struck me though was the evening temp difference between parts of rural Oxfordshire and NW Kent when I got home an hour ago after several diversions there was a 7c difference in parts of the Downs in Oxfordshire to here in Tropical Kent.

The temperature here has also been rising since I've been back from 19.9c to a current 21.3c! I wonder why this is?!!

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

I'd strongly advise against wearing any fabrics that might get blown up in the wind. Not that anything embarrassing happened to me this morning 🙈🙈🙈

• Like 4