South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Reevesie1 said:

Great view of the London cell evolving from here in Bexley (SE London). Sadly destined for someone else ...again!

Are yes, I know the feeling! But it means someone else has hit jackpot! 👍🙌

28 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wow I didn’t even notice until I saw your post , that sprung from nowhere . This is the scene looking to my Northwest .  A Monster .

FA3AB211-05E4-49A5-9D31-47BBD9443260.jpeg

Thought I heard the sound of distant thunder as we took the dog out at 8.30 but decided I'd imagined it. Then, as you say, noticed these to the north and north east of here and yep, a good few rumbles accompanied us from that cell all those miles away. Very warm and muggy this evening.

• Like 2

Crazy here in Rotherhithe not huge amount of T+L not that you could see anything torrents of rain!!

• Like 2

Got excited as there were rumbles in the Channel and a cell heading this way. But, shocking I know, it’s fizzling and heading away from me.
Doomed for a decent storm!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Coopsy said:

Sounds perfect (and a description fit for a novel) - love it. 

For the heat lovers out there. If you’re missing it already here’s real heat...38oC at 4am with a forecast high of 52oC 😳🥵

52BC982C-AA57-4A35-BD89-FA0822835315.png

Thank you Coopsy.  Having been a N-W member since 2005 and someone who rarely reveals personal information, I have to admit that since I became very ill with the Covid virus in early April I’ve experienced recurrent periods of exhaustion and struggled with concentration, or even being able to form coherent sentences and certainly struggled to recall things that I’d previously taken for granted. Yet today reading your experience of autumn and asking what triggered this beautiful season for others, it opened up for me the first coherent and crystal clear sense, for a very long time, of what my favourite season has always meant to me - so thank you for triggering that.  Apologies Mods, off thread but no disrespect intended.  Can report a maximum rain rate during this afternoon’s intense storm of 98.4 at 15:08 contributing to a total of 25.8mm today. 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Typed rainfall incorrectly
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Got excited as there were rumbles in the Channel and a cell heading this way. But, shocking I know, it’s fizzling and heading away from me.
Doomed for a decent storm!

Same it's really quite amazing from how far away we could here those rumbles though. 

• Like 1

Foggy start here in South Suffolk too. I thought I had been propelled into Autumn when I opened the curtains!

I wouldn't be surprised if this August ends up in the 'wetter' category. Certainly some torrential rain about yesterday and it seems to have been very soggy around Thetford Forest up in south Norfolk:

Netwx Extra radar totals: 450638559_NetwxRainfallTotalSat16Aug.thumb.png.e122378b4ea7e6d1880cffbb2e772291.png

• Like 1