Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

The most useless summer on recors for storms here

Same. I'm so disappointed. The heatwave is over and realistically was probably the last time this year to get real heat and with it decent storms. Closest I got thus year was some distant rumbles and one random very loud gunshot thunderclap over head. No exit from the No Storms Club for me.

Rubbish.

• Like 1

The second storm lasted 45 minutes with near constant thunder and lightning before it cleared. Over 40mm of rain recorded in Peterborough according to a nearby weather station.

Today forecast to be fair went as planned really with the highest risk areas tending to get hit the hardest.

Avoided that microburst though that was reported nearby.

The next two days look pretty good for more showers and thunderstorms with plenty of warm air around.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, andymcpool said:

Looking good NNE From sw11

7EC59D67-0CBB-48C4-BD26-5FFAF748516F.jpeg

Wow I didn’t even notice until I saw your post , that sprung from nowhere . This is the scene looking to my Northwest .  A Monster .

FA3AB211-05E4-49A5-9D31-47BBD9443260.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Reevesie1 said:

Great view of the London cell evolving from here in Bexley (SE London). Sadly destined for someone else ...again!

Are yes, I know the feeling! But it means someone else has hit jackpot! 👍🙌