South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Yes the rain is here at last. The rain dance worked. A Nice thundery afternoon. Time for a tipple or two. Good Health to you all.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Just now, STE1490 said:

I'm watching that storm tracking across Anglia hoping for a high with it in the next hour fingers crossed

It's on the right trajectory but VERY slow moving.

Interesting clouds heading towards Eastbourne on the A27 now very heavy rain! 😯

E21C4DEE-DA5D-441F-9EAD-C4B0AA74F660.jpeg

Edited by bluebell
Mistyped word
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

I bet that clump of heavy rain heading for the south coast leaves a narrow gap of drizzle just big enough for here...

You mean like this? Still stormless here despite 6 days of plus 30c and awful humidity.

Lots of convection about 10 miles north of here yesterday and today, and now this...I bet the drizzly part passes over and links up with the towers going up over Ashford to turn into some amazing storm..

983D0F04-EF66-4D6C-9A24-9BF856EF6FBD.jpeg

Got a massive headache so hoping to get a storm to clear the air. Just spoken to my dad in Findon Valley where its started to rain. Radar and cloud watching, keeping everything crossed. 

8 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

You mean like this? Still stormless here despite 6 days of plus 30c and awful humidity.

Lots of convection about 10 miles north of here yesterday and today, and now this...I bet the drizzly part passes over and links up with the towers going up over Ashford to turn into some amazing storm..

983D0F04-EF66-4D6C-9A24-9BF856EF6FBD.jpeg

Hopeful that many of us will get storms soon.

Edited by DAVID SNOW

Unbelievable same areas downpour come to a standstill an unprecedented wet last 24 hours for them! 

12A3E0DB-1C31-4B86-A5FD-3E597E50AA52.thumb.png.355022fbf1e5af4888e5320d6802ffd0.png

Well what the radar is picking up over Dover, not a drop is reaching the ground still. 

At last, we have rain, still no thunder though. 

Edited by alexisj9

Somme reasonably close rumbles from this 'storm' 5 counted,the rest very distant.

Torrential rain.

• Like 1

Dark skies and rumbles to north east of london now. Atmosphere still. Calm before the storm feeling. Arge area forming on radar  Rain just started.

• Like 1

I'm never one to exagerrate storm activity but constant rolling thunder here, some distance away, I can only guess it's the ex-Thetford storm? Definitely not aircraft!

• Like 1

The anvil from that storm is just about visible here to the east/north east. Unsure if any part of it is actually going to hit here but there is a nasty line of very intense rainfall on the western edge.

The sun is out here a little, temperature 23c, dew point 20c....

Edited by Captain Shortwave

1586688233_Annotation2020-08-16143558.thumb.jpg.65ef632e04437c3f8bf03f0b863be0d9.jpg if that white/red tsuff keeps developing in that line on current course... i could be in trouble!   wanted rain,, but not that much

• Like 1

Quite explosive development to the E of Kent, all moving NW towards E Anglia....will they develop further? Storms firing over N France too, as the clag has cleared there

E647FD97-6753-41B7-BD0E-FDE93AAADC0D.png

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3