South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

So frustrating all day Dartford/Gravesend missed the storms firstly to our East then to.our South and Southwest and now to our North 🙈 literally have the biggest storm shield in NW Kent! it reminds me of the winter seeing all that lovely  snowy convection going on Chelmsford Northwards or Medway Eastwards and nothing down here😭😭😭 I can see the distant flashes less than 15miles away! I seem to say the same thing every year 90% the time the storms seem to stay north of the thames mid Essex Northwards and Westwards in summer I've noticed! Always looking North with envy. And then there's also the Kent clipper ones which never reach North and West of Maidstone usually!

Screenshot_20200813-223736_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

Not until Norfolk has had at least one flash of lightning within 40 miles...

That’s all I want too, just one flash or one rumble 😥

Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

Tbf I had one flash and 5 rumbles at the beginning of June. It was epic....

Don’t make me jealous !!

2 hours ago, Number 23 said:

One heavy shower this morning with a few rumbles, but nothing since. 

Seems like an age since we had a decent storm here in Essex. Would've thought we'd be nailed on for it given the past week! 

Almost every year Essex seems to get decent storm's im always looking over the thames in envy!

Just seen lightning! Essex and Hertfordshire area is looking interesting tonight. Fair amount coming this away as well. This stormy spell has favoured the Midlands, Wales and North West. Nice to see our area getting some storms.

Just now, Pixel said:

Oh Shirley not another one! 

Thought about getting some sleep

1969295856_Screenshot2020-08-13at22_50_31.thumb.png.a99a7a1d0afddd50ff0256f4b542c70a.pngIn coming

could be a fun night for some

Agreed, more coming early hour tomorrow!

1 minute ago, MagicBat said:

Just seen lightning! Essex and Hertfordshire area is looking interesting tonight. Fair amount coming this away as well. This stormy spell has favoured the Midlands, Wales and North West. Nice to see our area getting some storms.

Push it back south 20 odd miles so the South side of the thames gets some  also pretty please🙈🤞🙏

17 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Almost every year Essex seems to get decent storm's im always looking over the thames in envy!

About half an hour after I posted it kicked off here 😂

• Like 1

Rather grainy effort to capture the cell that was east of us in the channel and then has made its way over, lots of flashes, not much thunder. Mostly lightning in cloud however some bolts I seem to have caught on camera, although far away... and I am out of practice with lightning photography at the moment!

DSC03586croproKAnderson2020.jpg

DSC03596cropproKAnderson2020.jpg

DSC03599cropproKAnderson2020.jpg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

About half an hour after I posted it kicked off here 😂

and this website illustrates with a burn stain where it happened - LOL

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?radar,51.625,0.598,9

ps make the Goat run for 6 hours  - bottom of screen

Edited by Pixel
Goats
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

The radar is being backed up by some good high towers spread W out of France / Belgium

711452C1-5D6C-48F9-BE78-7E72261F5687.thumb.png.c7d9d841253b7a4a7bf352d451922d6b.png

Well all that could manage to deliver over East Kent was some dry rain. 

The cloud was there, radar said it was raining, standing outside watching the Essex light show said, no rain. 

N London is no longer stormless 

30 mins of moderate to heavy rain here with some lightning and loud cracks of thunder. Still seeing flashes of lightning every few minutes even though the storm passed a while ago. 

Seems like S/SE London have yet to see any direct action.. 

6 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

N London is no longer stormless 

30 mins of moderate to heavy rain here with some lightning and loud cracks of thunder. Still seeing flashes of lightning every few minutes even though the storm passed a while ago. 

Seems like S/SE London have yet to see any direct action.. 

Yep! Storm starved here! 🙄

On hols on Great Yarmouth, constant rumbling for what must be an hour now. 

Edit. And now a flash of lightening. The drive back south could be fun.

Edited by all weather
  • Like 1

Woken at half 3 by flashes of light! Barely any thunder, lasted about 10 minutes, so the triangle has seen lightening, albeit I think from over the sea.

now misty murky and still Flippin humid. 

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Nowt in Norwich, been warned all week and not a drop, flash or rumble. Living up to the dryest county! 

Will that mass off the east coast head inland?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, runboy said:

Nowt in Norwich, been warned all week and not a drop, flash or rumble. Living up to the dryest county! 

Will that mass off the east coast head inland?

Look out your window because it’s incoming, lightening of the coast by Yarmouth should be in Norwich soon 🤞🤞

• Like 2

Well, that was quite an evening/night here with lightning all the way through to the early hours, with some torrential rain thrown in for good measure. Much cooler this morning at 15.1c but humidity is very high again, who will get the storms today? we've had our share here.🙃