South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Well up until yesterday thought we were just going to continue to miss the storms but have now had 3 main ones here in herts. This evening was amazing. Out of knowwhere they popped up with torrential rain and shotgun thunder. Sky keeps changing colour . Good watering as well for the gardens.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

Are we done now? 

Just as I was beginning to give up hope of seeing a storm here in the Suffolk dust bowl, the radar suddenly shows some activity breaking out in the North Sea and heading towards me! 😲

20.30 nothing... 1602152267_Radar13Aug20_30.thumb.jpg.19791b721727c9d02553af505010c88c.jpg 21.05 storms... 295730088_Radar13Aug21_05.thumb.jpg.b764ab9dd6b3cc89f1a50fc9908a9b77.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Coopsy said:

I would have thought you'd have had some relief from the Thames that snakes around your part of the world, but clearly not.

I work on the isle of dogs - it is indeed and little known quiet part of the world.

The daytime yes it’s not as hot often it’s been 2C cooler than SJP in this heatwave but at night well I’m in inner London regardless of being in a less built up area overall it’s overwhelmed and the nights are v warm. The Thames is also very warm now SSTs in low 20s again this keeps temps up at night.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Just as I was beginning to give up hope of seeing a storm here in the Suffolk dust bowl, the radar suddenly shows some activity breaking out in the North Sea and heading towards me! 😲

20.30 nothing... 1602152267_Radar13Aug20_30.thumb.jpg.19791b721727c9d02553af505010c88c.jpg 21.05 storms... 295730088_Radar13Aug21_05.thumb.jpg.b764ab9dd6b3cc89f1a50fc9908a9b77.jpg

Blimey, how often do we seen anything manage to cross E to W?!?!?

• Like 1

Went out to get the washing in, mindful of the unelectrified disappointment of rain blob heading this way, and saw lots of elevated lightning!

Must be some 30/40 miles away from that lot heading into Essex but it’s putting on quite a show for SE Kent! I tried to highlight roughly where I’m situated on the pic below with the blue dash on the map..

2D87DCED-B43A-4F5D-BF46-486C7C7B20C5.jpeg

• Like 1

Dreadful end to the heatwave here - chilly N'ly and low cloud all day whilst a few miles down the road friends were still enjoying hot sunshine.  Utterly ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Lots of rain now and thunder nearby and about time too

Lasted all of 10mins here in Hockley - We need more!! 😞 

2 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

Next can East Sussex have a proper storm please?

And West Sussex please, specifically shoreham 

• Like 1