South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Was that it? Some rumbles here in Sittingbourne, some blobs of water and then it disappeared.

One minute the lightening map was showing a lovely cluster of dots now they've disappeared...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

That’s it, I’m deleting the beeb weather app. After days of showing storm symbols, today they left all but 3 for midday. Then they take that away and leave us with sun all day. Now randomly put a storm symbol for 8pm tonight! Just taking the full blown pee now. (And yes, I know never to actually believe it 😜

• Like 2

So far for the Bexleyheath area, this hot spell is going out on a very quiet whimper!!  A few very distant rumbles a couple of hours ago, and that's it so far 😭😭😭

The only consolation is it's so much cooler than of late.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Lol feels like it.

Yup absolute downpour here and huge raindrops - thought the thunder sounds like it stopped when the rain got here. Strange storm.

Edit: Just as I said that the rain calmed down and thunder returned. Maybe it was so heavy I just couldnt hear the rumbles.

It looks like a secondary storm is forming behind it and heading our way - maybe within 30 mins

Yes, storm shield still holding stri9ng. Couldn't say I'm out of the No Storms Club just yet. Never had anything overhead just yet.

Heard the thunder a couple of hours ago, turned really dark, thought here we go.. then nothing, just fizzled out, not even a drop of rain...rubbish!

Just now, snowray said:

Heard the thunder a couple of hours ago, turned really dark, thought here we go.. then nothing, just fizzled out, not even a drop of rain...rubbish!

I know, crap isn't it!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, snow raven said:

So far for the Bexleyheath area, this hot spell is going out on a very quiet whimper!!  A few very distant rumbles a couple of hours ago, and that's it so far 😭😭😭

The only consolation is it's so much cooler than of late.

Never say never....those storms on the radar look to have your name on them....

Just now, Coopsy said:

Never say never....those storms on the radar look to have your name on them....

I hope so!  Would be good to have one decent storm after the heat this week 🤞🤞

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

That’s it, I’m deleting the beeb weather app. After days of showing storm symbols, today they left all but 3 for midday. Then they take that away and leave us with sun all day. Now randomly put a storm symbol for 8pm tonight! Just taking the full blown pee now. (And yes, I know never to actually believe it 😜

I'm sorry.😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

We was right at the edge of the cell as it developed. Still haven’t seen any lightning but was treated to some lovely deep rumbles and a sprinkling of rain. And I mean a sprinkling 😂Hopefully that’s not it and there’s more to come. Currently showing 28c here, feels much better than it has been. Blue sky about to take over again. 

1 minute ago, Tilly said:

We was right at the edge of the cell as it developed. Still haven’t seen any lightning but was treated to some lovely deep rumbles and a sprinkling of rain. And I mean a sprinkling 😂Hopefully that’s not it and there’s more to come. Currently showing 28c here, feels much better than it has been. Blue sky about to take over again. 

28C? That's about 10C more than me 

7 minutes ago, snow raven said:

I know, crap isn't it!

Yes...so annoying. This must be the driest area of the country, even in winter seems to miss the heavier snow showers, when its snowing out in Kent, Essex, Surrey, just a few flurries manage to arrive in Bexley, If your lucky.🙄

• Sad 1

Let's hope we can fire up some storms overnight, if not it will be a very hot period without storms whilst North of us get incredible storms and do not have to suffer the temperatures.

• Like 1

Only 24c in my garden by 6:10pm, actually feels much nicer like that than it did the last few evenings at 30 plus

No storms in Haywards Heath what so ever, or rain that was able to wet the ground.

2 hours ago, claret047 said:

God that incredible. Its about 150 feet.

On you on a boat?

Kind Regards

Dave

Haha, bloody autocorrect. mm

• Like 1

Just noticed we're under 2 seperate thunderstorm  warnings for Saturday. Twice the dissapointment🤣🤣🤣

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 5
37 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

OK, summer's over. Joggers and hoodie on, might have to go for the sock option as well.

And then there's me... all sweaty and sticky. Bleurgh!💦

Yay, sound the alarm -- there are some towers, in the general direction of Waveney!

Edited by General Cluster
8 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

More rumbles of thunder but the radar doesn’t seem to show anything close. 

Same here in Surbiton. Thought I imagined lightning in a bright high cloud sky then a loud long rumble of thunder followed. 

• Like 1