South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Seems to all being to the South West of me. How annoying. I can hear the rumbles but nothing to show for it!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Quiet the experience Right now. I’ve taken a drive to top of blue bell hill. So many people have stopped here. The storm is passing to the south. It hasn’t stopped thundering the whole time but limited lightning. There must be about 20 people here standing in the rain in shorts and t shirts just taking it in. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Seems to all being to the South West of me. How annoying. I can hear the rumbles but nothing to show for it!

exactly what i had yesterday... damn thing brewed almost above me, watched those lovely towers shoot up... then it buggered of west.

Cloud appears to be thinning in herts. But i think its too late now. Have to rely on elevated convection. Line to south of London looks good. No chance of it reaching here though. Hopefully more will develop further north 

Very happy for all of you experiencing some awesome storm activity today, regardless of whether I get any or not (I can't believe the amount of whingeing and moaning that goes on in this forum sometimes!).

The heavens have finally opened as a storm rages overhead. Rain sweeping in the rate enough for my weather station to say it’s raining cats a dogs. At least I won’t have to water the Veg’s tonight. 

Lightening now and moderate rain...not so much thunder now.  

As a child I remember being told to count between the lightening and the thunder and that would tell me how many miles away the storm was...... still count today 🙃

Edit....heavy rain now!

• Like 1

Very dark in Locksbottom with rumbles of thunder one flash of lights and heavy rain👍Finally I won’t have to water all the shrubs and baskets this evening!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Looks like the Essex desert is going to remain a desert for the time being

And North Kent, and East Kent, and South Kent 

There seems to be a weakness in the atmosphere in the channel by Southampton at a guess with everything spinning around it so I wouldn't hold out much hope as it seems to be spinning ever eastwards drawing in an easterly flow around us so things are building to the south 

Had a monsoon like storm this morning in Stansted, Essex. My weather station recorded a new record for rainfall rate, 95mm/HR! We had water flowing under the front door! It's freshened things up here now which is nice, not sure if we will get anything else today