South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Big fat rain drops now all piling in off the channel by the looks of it, blue sky out the back facing the other way..! 🙃

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Am I going crazy or did I just hear thunder near Chelmsford area? Nothing on lightning maps?

What a difference 24 hours make, temperature a lot more bearable and clear blue skies once again. Seems most of the convection is moving quite Westerly and sliding away from London into more central areas. 

Huge cell literally developed over my house, constant thunder but no rain, looks like it’s heading NW of Ipswich so anyone in that direction get ready for some action 

Afternoon all,

I hope Malcolm doesn't mind, as the Thread is busy with the interesting Weather around our Region, at the moment but would like to return briefly to my comment about "A" Level results.

Although it's not Weather related, it is pertinent to the South East Regional Thread, I will reveal why in a moment,

I'm a really proud Great Uncle Tom, this Afternoon.

Just heard that my Great Niece, got an A * in Art, and an A in both Film and Geography.

Here she is below, with her amazing Painting of Chartwell House, near Westerham:

image.thumb.png.59e362a262050209b5cec33cbeebbd1b.png - next to it, an image of the real thing - image.png.54f61a1c0c86bba3e2df49a0f09e700e.png

I think you'll admit, not a bad likeness.

She certainly doesn't get that talent from her Great Uncle. I can't Paint or Draw, for "toffee".

She did the Painting as a present for her Grandfather's (my Brother-in-Law), 70th Birthday.

My Brother-in-Law does volunteer work at Chartwell, taking visitors around the Family Home of Winston Churchill.

No surprise to me, with that standard of work, that she achieved an A*.

Regards,

Tom. :hi: 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

This weather is driving us all crazy😂

I swear I heard rumbling thunder I promise but it couldn't of been from that crap nearby 😂

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

I can hear constant thunder in the distant. Someone’s getting a good storm 

Not from the shower that went over me 20 minutes or so ago and now moving westwards...can't help thinking on the coast is not the place to be.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, 3cats said:

The rain has just stopped here, our road which is a dead end was flooding very quickly! 

We had a couple of spots of rain, probably not enough to wet the back of a postage stamp ( when you had to lick them), which shows how local these storms can be. Very dark now though and lots of thunder rumbling overhead, but no breeze or precipitation yet. 

Just heard another distant rumble must be from the stuff south of London which is very far away

Rumbles of thunder all round at the moment, very dark.....but just seems to be toying with me (better than nothing I suppose!)

Contant booming thunder as further cells develop to the south and east . Will they make it this time?  , let’s see .

lighting maps really kicking off .

570F3649-785C-407D-BA16-FE17731247E8.png

Edited by Mark wheeler

Small but noisy storm, shortlived near/above us just now. Beautiful heavy summer rain now, still very hot and with sunshine at the same time. It's been years since a hot summer thunderstorm like this. Everything very hazy above so hard to make out anything but I can still see areas of convection bubbling up. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

you're not rain dancing enough.😂😂

I will collapse in a puddle of sweat should I attempt a dance right now. But if it actually rains (proper rain not drizzle) or by some miracle we get a storm, I shall be dancing in the rain, albeit clothed, my neighbours are elderly and I don’t want to cause a heart attack or stroke 🤪😂

2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I will collapse in a puddle of sweat should I attempt a dance right now. But if it actually rains (proper rain not drizzle) or by some miracle we get a storm, I shall be dancing in the rain, albeit clothed, my neighbours are elderly and I don’t want to cause a heart attack or stroke 🤪😂

Superb.😂😂