Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

This weather is driving us all crazy😂

I swear I heard rumbling thunder I promise but it couldn't of been from that crap nearby 😂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, 3cats said:

The rain has just stopped here, our road which is a dead end was flooding very quickly! 

We had a couple of spots of rain, probably not enough to wet the back of a postage stamp ( when you had to lick them), which shows how local these storms can be. Very dark now though and lots of thunder rumbling overhead, but no breeze or precipitation yet. 

Small but noisy storm, shortlived near/above us just now. Beautiful heavy summer rain now, still very hot and with sunshine at the same time. It's been years since a hot summer thunderstorm like this. Everything very hazy above so hard to make out anything but I can still see areas of convection bubbling up. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

you're not rain dancing enough.😂😂

I will collapse in a puddle of sweat should I attempt a dance right now. But if it actually rains (proper rain not drizzle) or by some miracle we get a storm, I shall be dancing in the rain, albeit clothed, my neighbours are elderly and I don’t want to cause a heart attack or stroke 🤪😂

2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I will collapse in a puddle of sweat should I attempt a dance right now. But if it actually rains (proper rain not drizzle) or by some miracle we get a storm, I shall be dancing in the rain, albeit clothed, my neighbours are elderly and I don’t want to cause a heart attack or stroke 🤪😂

Superb.😂😂

Quiet the experience Right now. I’ve taken a drive to top of blue bell hill. So many people have stopped here. The storm is passing to the south. It hasn’t stopped thundering the whole time but limited lightning. There must be about 20 people here standing in the rain in shorts and t shirts just taking it in. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Seems to all being to the South West of me. How annoying. I can hear the rumbles but nothing to show for it!

exactly what i had yesterday... damn thing brewed almost above me, watched those lovely towers shoot up... then it buggered of west.