South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Just now, thunderpants said:

It's realy quite amazing the contrast in weather here on our little Island, anyway it looks like BOOOM times about to begin so enjoy the ride folks. 

Got your thunderpants ready? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Just now, 3cats said:

Ooh heavy rain and thunder here in Merstham, a nice cool breeze has just come through the house too, lovely.  

I’m in coulsdon and haven’t got the rain yet but it can’t be far away then. 

2 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

I’m in coulsdon and haven’t got the rain yet but it can’t be far away then. 

I'm sure it's on the way and the cooler air, but still feels humid. 

Convective clouds setting up here in Surbiton at a similar time to yesterday. It's been sunny but with high cloud too this morning, feeling humid. Let's hope the atmosphere can keep the energy levels up. 

Edit: Sitting in the garden with a cup of tea hearing rumbles quite close to the south east. Reminds me of the constant distant rumbles of yesterday when the systems split around us. 

IMG_20200813_133344.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, 3cats said:

I'm sure it's on the way and the cooler air, but still feels humid. 

Mostly inter cloud lightening that is hardly visible except for one fork lightening over to my west possible near Chipstead. Still no rain yet but very humid and lots of thunder. 

1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

23c to me is warm, but then the locals this way think I’m barmy when I go walking my dogs at 0c without a coat on, in fact it’s been commented that they know it must be flippin cold if I’ve actually put a coat on 🤣  just not a heat person, whereas my family are all sun worshipers and will merrily sit for hours in blazing 30c and my sister has been complaining it’s been cold and putting blankets on her bed overnight this week. Think I must have been adopted from a village of eskimos 🤪

Must be my Barbadian blood, my father was the same - impervious to British summers! 

• Like 2

Reckon the cell making landfall will intensify as it goes over land, clutching at straws here?

41 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

Mostly inter cloud lightening that is hardly visible except for one fork lightening over to my west possible near Chipstead. Still no rain yet but very humid and lots of thunder. 

The rain has just stopped here, our road which is a dead end was flooding very quickly! 

16 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Lots of loud Thunder but no Rain , It’s just missed us again by a whisker like last week .

Same, it ducked south of here in the end. It seems to have been the French storms that made it across this time. Hope it doesn't kill of the heat for the storms that were forecast for later. 

Edited by Reefseeker
1 minute ago, Reefseeker said:

Same, it ducked south of here in the end. 

Yep , Meant to say yesterday not last week . Got some light rain in the end for a few minutes but nothing significant. Let’s hope we get one later .

• Like 1

I can hear constant thunder in the distant. Someone’s getting a good storm 

New to the forum although posted a few times on the convective thread. What a different day to yesterday in herts. Dull and humid. Its amazing that this clag from the north sea can penetrate so far inland given time of year.

• Like 2

Now in Benfleet, well there is some heat still left in this spell. 29c here, which feels oppressive with the humidity.

Inmust feel sorry for those further north and west, that NE wind has yet again delivered far more cloud than any model had predicted. I really hope the cloud amounts will decrease.

Edited by Captain Shortwave