Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Still stormless after 6 days of low to mid 30s and potentially another 30 day coming up. More chance of pigs flying than storms initiating SE of London. 🙄

• Like 3

It's more like 4pm in winter here at the moment it's so dark!! Not heard any thunder yet...

Don't think this is a very accurate measurement but I left a bucket out in the garden after emptying the paddling pool last night and there is now 15mm of water in it, after the storm earlier.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, loubylou2905 said:

It's more like 4pm in winter here at the moment it's so dark!! Not heard any thunder yet...

I'm sure it's similar elsewhere too....but i don't remember it being so dark from a storm for a long time. More like a solar eclipse!

Edited by mb018538
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Still stormless after 6 days of low to mid 30s and potentially another 30 day coming up. More chance of pigs flying than storms initiating SE of London. 🙄

633 Squadron? image.png.6fe049d241d60647015439ff8af75ad7.png :oldgrin:

• Like 6

Well taking the boy down to Essex, thick low cloud and fog down to Stansted and then suddenly rain, then lightning and then the heavens opened. Absolute carnage on the M11 as the road flooded.

In South Woodham Ferrers and the sun is out. Still the storm took me completely off guard.

• Like 1

Lovely storm just passed by - soo cool and wet (-:

More later pleeeze

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 09.58.49.png

Day has just turned to night here in Longstanton, Cambs 😲 suspecting we could be slammed imminently by a nice storm! About time 

• Like 1

Yes, can’t believe how dark it is in Cambs. That band of rain coming from the south looks nasty

Oh no...the BBC's app-wotsit has curtailed today's 'thundery showers' from 12+ hours down to one! Who'd a thunk it: bugger all storms in the Triangle!:oldlaugh:

Posted (edited)

View north of here, a bit hazy but that large mass has revealed itself.

85A3BE75-B093-4F83-80CB-673BDA181875.jpeg

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Oh no...the BBC's app-wotsit has curtailed today's 'thundery showers' from 12+ hours down to one! Who'd a thunk it: bugger all storms in the Triangle!:oldlaugh:

Yet here 8 miles from you, we still have 3 hours from midday 😝😝 we gonna get some, you are not, na na na na na 🤣 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wait a minute, is that a blob forming out to sea off the coast near Aldeburgh? Or is it an illusion or false radar return? Come on baby, come to momma 🤞🤞🤞

BDFBBC14-36B0-47FC-A308-5E9B3C0616DC.jpeg

Edited by Blazerblue
Added pic to prove im not seeing things

Following a brief shower and a few flashes & thunder around 3:30 it's sunny in Ashford with a temperature of 26 degrees and apparently a feels like temp of 31.

Positively Florida-feel.

I think we are in for a few surprises in the very SE corner of the country. Regardless of modelling... it just feels like it.

Horrible here, cold and cloudy. 

About 0% chance of storms or rain. Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Storms have avoided here today, was rather nice feeling 22°C earlier now up to 25.6°C probably another 30 plus day coming up 

Edited by Nimbusman

Still raining heavily with the odd rumble of thunder.  Can see blue sky again in the distance.  Looks like the majority of the storm was further up the A14!

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

I've just read Nick F's storm forecast and to my untrained eye there are similarities to yesterday with the initiation zone around SW London before massive development as it moves off. This yielded nearly two hours of distant rumbles for us yesterday afternoon and a few drops of rain; better than nothing but still disappointing. 

On the bright side, yesterday evening was the most comfortable in days with the backdoor wide open giving us 26 degrees and not needing a fan to watch TV, although still needed one to sleep in the rest of the house. This morning, after the rain went through, the lounge temperature got to a low of 25 degrees for a much more relaxed breakfast than of late. It's amazing what a difference those few degrees make in keeping sane! 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Wait a minute, is that a blob forming out to sea off the coast near Aldeburgh? Or is it an illusion or false radar return? Come on baby, come to momma 🤞🤞🤞

BDFBBC14-36B0-47FC-A308-5E9B3C0616DC.jpeg

• Like 2

My blob, it died, whomever thought it amusing to place that on the radar, up you’re bum crack 🙄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

My blob, it died, whomever thought it amusing to place that on the radar, up you’re bum crack 🙄

It's dead; it's expired; it's ceased to be!:oldlaugh:

3 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

It's dead; it's expired; it's ceased to be!:oldlaugh:

It is an ex blob 🤣 

• Like 1

Tower forming inbetween Bury St Edmunds and Diss, with a hercules plane circling it getting data, moving W/NW, mostly west, wont be formed till it's left me though 😞

At 11am it is 26.2°c in my garden Haywards Heath West Sussex, feels hotter than that as it's really humid. 

Still no storms here what so ever, and starting to think there won't be any here. 

Will it be the 6th day in a row getting over 30°c 🤔