Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

https://de.sat24.com/de/fr/infraPolair
Looks like the Channel cell is exploding into a super cell, a daughter system is forming towards Lille so I think this front will hit Kent and Sussex, Essex likely to get it eventually too. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

https://de.sat24.com/de/fr/infraPolair
Looks like the Channel cell is exploding into a super cell, a daughter system is forming towards Lille so I think this front will hit Kent and Sussex, Essex likely to get it eventually too. 

I hope so. We got any idea of a rough timescale? 

image.thumb.png.6e0954437a5428a280ca41fc874fc53c.png

• Like 1

Seems the French have a special delivery for us - may be just a Kent Clipper but one to watch.

Think this could be more than a kent clipper went to watch about 15 minutes ago and it was flashes to my sourheast 

I can here the thunder now, and it sounds like a storm that can stay where it is. Rather than rumble rumble, it went rumble boom boom boom rumble boom. No thanks for that over my head lol. Mind you it doesn't seem that active. Hope I'm not speaking to soon. 

• Like 2

Low cloud piled on here during the early hours. Currently overcast and with the wind direction it could be like this for several days. Hopefully it will burn off.

Heatwave broken by light patchy rain moving up from France!

Jeez, what has happened in recent years to our imported storms?

Summer after summer as a kid I used to stand with my Dad on the beach watching storms over France tracking across the channel( usually two or three times per summer)

Even remember the words on the shipping forecast synopsis.

'Thundery low Paris ( or some other part of Northern France/Biscay) expected Isle of Wight ( or some other Southern uk part) by 0500.) They very often used to arrive by midnight.

I really cant see the SE coasts benefiting from the home grown stuff predicted for Southern England today?

• Like 3

Feel like we actually have a chance of a storm today in East Anglia. although I'm sure the Estofex Level 2 has probably jinxed that. Could do with the rain as much as anything. Everything is parched, my pond is getting very low, to the point I've got to come up with a rescue plan for the fish if it gets much lower. I keep the garden watered by pumping an old well in my garden, but its been dry for two weeks. The first time I've ever seen it do that.

• Like 1

A very grey, murky and humid morning. Very little mizzle in the air. Currently 20.1c 

I assume the French storm died and never got here? 
Morning all, 18c with 94% humidity greets me this morning, BUT, we have a breeze, no hurricane by any means, but a breeze and it’s lovely. So another day of heat to come, no storms because that would be insane for these parts, but I don’t care anymore, who needs thunder and lightening, that’s for the common folk 😝🤪🤞

• Like 2

Morning - just got below the “tropical night” threshold, down to 19.8c. A fair amount of lightning, not a lot of thunder, but we did get 6mm of rain around 3:30am which might save a garden watering this morning at least!

Currently sunny, humid and 21.4c

• Like 2

New slate for the new day.

Good luck to us!

🌩️

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Morning - just got below the “tropical night” threshold, down to 19.8c. A fair amount of lightning, not a lot of thunder, but we did get 6mm of rain around 3:30am which might save a garden watering this morning at least!

First tropical night here.

We have been dipping into the 19c's (19.6, 19.8 & 19 9) but last night got no lower than 21c.

Max temps have been very consistent here the last few days. Always between 32.5 - 32.8c.

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted (edited)

Morning all,  

I have to juggle auntie duties with the weather today - any idea if the storm risk is morning or afternoon today?. Don't fancy being caught outdoors in the storm with the little ones.

edit:ignore, I hear thunder already.

Edited by Team Squirrel

Well quite a contrast to yesterday morning. Low cloud and a northerly breeze dare I say it almost feels a bit chilly.

35 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Hello Lottie, yes I woke up at 5.30 to a wet garden.. Like a fool I damn near opened the sitting room curtains.  Luckily I didn't as it's all dried up in Tunbridge Wells and the sun is shining.  Its also starting to get humid again.  So fans being cranked up.

• Like 1

Looks like some big flash flooding concerns under the new storms

That's the heat well and truly over, absolutely bucketing it down here in West London, absolutely fantastic period of weather. 

• Like 1

Good Morning folks

Our rain shield has been been broken at last. We had two minutes of large raindrops falling moderately heavily. That is probably it for the next month  in the mid Essex Desert. Still storm starved.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

So, this is the longest stretch of successive 34C+ days since 1961 (six and counting)...and I remember it! It was also when I learned that sunbathing, on an ants' nest, was nae a very good idea!:oldlaugh:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Good Morning folks

Our rain shield has been been broken at last. We had two minutes of large raindrops falling moderately heavily. That is probably it for the next month  in the mid Essex Desert. Still storm starved.

Kind Regards

Dave

Storm just started here in north Essex. Lots of rumbling and heavy rain just started.

A look at the overnight model output shows no consensus about the where or when of storms today, although the evening favoured. Here's the best looking chances and times according to a selection of models.

Arome 10.00 298240412_THURArome10_00.thumb.png.6d8af45353323051d8006696c4fbe96a.png Netwx SR 17.00 1199037071_THURNetwxSR17_00.thumb.png.b1afa16721d1850238edf72d209a4b4f.png

Hirlam 18.00 1005011889_THURHirlam18_00.thumb.png.a77c97ac302be6770493c04e2411756c.png Euro4 22.00 134350496_THUREuro422_00.thumb.png.7b8c96fd44958be75df5a455298f9d17.png

So it's looking like the radar will be a must for where developments happen.  Just in the last hour some storms have bubbled up in the Region, so the Arome forecast looking good:

08.10  54693298_Radar13Aug08_10.thumb.jpg.545667c0a5afe799da5f9fcc1b915d94.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely hammering down now. Seeing some decent flashes as well now. Thunder not particularly loud though.

• Like 1