South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

It;s coming, keep the faith.👍 

Don’t worry I’ve got the faith. Ive just kept reading today how it will disappear as it reaches the coast....that will be mad if it does considering the size of it. I hung my washing out as a rain magnet anyway. Usually works lol! 

• Like 1

Dark skies and gusty winds off the Saltdean coast.

First rumble heard,some real turbulence now.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Brexitmageddon? :oldlaugh:

Yeah have faith killjoy 😉. Any rain for you yet today? We had a few spots with thunder but just missed out . Twickenham got it bad though apparently.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

if  the radar  right  not   much sleep  for  us   one its  far  to hot  and  2nd   it could   be  a tad  on the  noisey  side!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TN26 said:

Hugging the French coast as forecast.

Oh well ... game over

Im not so sure, seems to be expanding northwards and new small cells although not thundery yet breaking out ahead , I think this may still be on IMO.

Well then...way back when I was wee, there were two things that were a given: East Anglia got not only the best thunderstorms in summer, but also some of the best snowstorms, in winter... Did I move here 50-years' too late!:oldgrin:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Is something about to kick off off the coast of Brighton ? 

50CFF472-99C0-496C-83A9-E682572032CD.png

1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

The Brighton echo was anaprops...

When I read your comments Steve I thought at first you were being insulting to the local newspaper for the area.

Edited by claret047
  • Like 2

So after having my own home for 22 years now ...it’s the first summer I have actually had a full 7 nights in a row that I have stayed out In the garden until at least 10.30pm...normally soon as sunset temp drop straight indoors...current temp 23.7C...let’s see if I can make 8 tomorrow evening 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, my first post here.. Just wondering if it will storm tonight as this afternoon’s activity completely missed me but I was right in the middle of It all, was so strange