South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Well here in Cambridgeshire we have paid the price for the Heathrow/Midlands storm. Lots of thick high cloud over here. On the plus side it is probably a relief to many as the temperature has dropped below 30c.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Thought I would come here since were being moaned at in the storm thread. Was right on the edge of the storms west of London as they went up. Constant rolling thunder like I’ve never really heard before. Not much in the way of visible lightning. 

Cant see the storm over France reaching us intact. I’m not a fan of storms that are already that mature the other side of the channel. The models don’t support it either. Our best chance may be something popping up ahead of it however it seems the anvil shield is well ahead of them which may suppress anything 

• Like 1

Lots of dark clouds to my west that have blocked out the sun. I'm pretty far east and I can't see anything on the radar that close by.

26 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Is something about to kick off off the coast of Brighton ? 

50CFF472-99C0-496C-83A9-E682572032CD.png

A fight from people drinking all day in the sun?

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Who else thinks that mcs is going to move westwards, and miss us out

Either that or it will touch the coast and vanish

• Like 1

Makes a pleasant change to have sunshine all day then watch the sun slip behind high cloud at 7pm, rather than completely cloudy with the sun emerging briefly from about 6pm. Nice breeze with that "Med" feel (just need the sea or a swimming pool and I'd be very happy), more please!!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

The Brighton echo was anaprops...

Cheers Steve , Indeed it looks like it was , encouraging to see the France storm seems to be expanding on the last couple of frames .

31BF1F78-38F2-45D3-9096-6A8EC76E582C.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

yes Mark- even aunny Brands hatch has some mid level cloud streaming in now

Ive got to highlight this peach from Europe earlier -

Probably the best thunderstorm/ MCS ive ever seen

D46F2359-CE48-42A8-A34A-A2CCE6FF4F83.thumb.jpeg.e04786e99e1a7c996e37b197531255de.jpeg

1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Looks interesting across the Channel.

7325E462-1837-4C6D-8191-E71BC2BADD7A.thumb.jpeg.420d8e99eb791ab33ee06d43bf9d4b76.jpeg

Shelf!

• Like 1

Well the France storm has now made it into the channel, doesn’t seem to be dying.....yet. Unless it has a shift eastwards when it makes land, it’ll be hard to even see any lightening in the triangle, but stranger things have happened. I’ll get woken by a collie wobbling if it does indeed get here.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

D46F2359-CE48-42A8-A34A-A2CCE6FF4F83.thumb.jpeg.e04786e99e1a7c996e37b197531255de.jpeg

Shelf!

That’s perfect! Puts the structure of our storms to shame. 

Almost a bit rude looking 😉

Edited by John90
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Shelf!

Oh my that looks insane Steve like a mini hurricane with an eye 😮

Just now, Mark wheeler said:

Oh my that looks insane Steve like a mini hurricane with an eye 😮

That’s an overshooting top! I wish someone was photographing this form an aircraft 

• Thanks 1