Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

29 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

The temps have fallen from 33.9c to 24.2c in half an hour. 

I wonder if it is the outflow from the storms out west? The temperature has dropped like a stone over the last 10 minutes, almost 3 degrees. Already feels a lot fresher.

• Like 1

The rumbling on thunder here is constant  - and temps have dropped from 34 to 23 in an hour - amazing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, loubylou2905 said:

Im in Cambridge too, got all excited earlier thinking it was going to push up to us, but no 😒

Can see the huge dark clouds from here in Cambourne but as usual this year too far away and wrong direction.

• Like 1

Been outside to have a beer sitting on a wet seat - Yayyy!

Want to pitch a tent in the garden tonight, inside home its 31c - outside is a lovely 21c ! On second thoughts it might be a bit wetter tomorrow by the time I wake up ⚡ 😇

• Like 1

If i could have shared that storm with everyone i would have, i'd  have been happy with half that😇. this storm has relieved most of my roses of there pettles but at least the rest of the garden has had a good torrential soaking. Temps now at 22.3c but suspect they will rise soon.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

😩😢

So frustrating isn’t it? So much heat and mugginess and so little reward. I need to learn to drive so I can go chasing.

• Like 1

These are the storms over France - Moving North-- If we have any chance its from these-

3CDFD31A-C24F-4CDD-8720-B9E160A28AAE.thumb.png.385de03213e3b7265f27f009581de6d9.png

• Like 6

Just now, Steve Murr said:

These are the storms over France - Moving North-- If we have any chance its from these-

3CDFD31A-C24F-4CDD-8720-B9E160A28AAE.thumb.png.385de03213e3b7265f27f009581de6d9.png

Watch them die as soon as they hit the Dec (ducking English Channel)

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Won’t these mainly decay over the channel?

I think those storms in france have more energy with the increasing unstable air, so hopefully better chance of them making it.

9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Are they forecast to travel North or are they steering offf to the North West later (if they make it)😬

I got soaked! hahaha that felt good. The rain was surprisingly cold. Lovely big fat drops of the stuff. A few big booms too. Still raining a little.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

I think those storms in france have more energy with the increasing unstable air, so hopefully better chance of them making it.

The BBC forecast i saw earlier did indicate that although the main area of Storms over France were unlikely to affect us they did say that storms were likely to form along a narrow convergence line stretching Belgium and South-east England (which also appears to be the source of the storms which occurred mid -afternoon). The graphics indicated that the majority of the storms would form mid-late evening and then drift across to the Midlands.

• Like 1

The storm and rain shield of the mid Essex desert continues. We have had almost unbroken sunshine all day. At last there is now a pleasant breeze, Earlier it had been terribly humid and unpleasant. What chances for storms tonight/tomorrow? The same as other times I guess zero- although Essex Live which is about as accurate as the Daily Excess has us down with a 72% chance of storms tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't bet my shirt on it happening.

Up to the allotment shortly for my daily watering.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Where be those storm clouds ☁️ then?! 🤔 No sign on the Winchelsea Beach skyscape! 😅 Just a California blue sky stretching for miles!!

456545E4-39E0-4026-A07E-C5CBF23FEF08.jpeg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, claret047 said:

The storm and rain shield of the mid Essex desert continues. We have had almost unbroken sunshine all day. At last there is now a pleasant breeze, Earlier it had been terribly humid and unpleasant. What chances for storms tonight/tomorrow? The same as other times I guess zero- although Essex Live which is about as accurate as the Daily Excess has us down with a 72% chance of storms tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't bet my shirt on it happening.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hey the latest meto office automated forecast is giving me a 60% chance of a thunder storm at 8:00am tomorrow morning and 50% chance between 3 and 5 tomorrow afternoon. I realise that there's just as much chance of this not happening at all but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Kind Regards

Dave

Claret047, factor in the law of caos Dave and you will be blessed, like me today having my garden blooms destroyed.😬 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Are they forecast to travel North or are they steering offf to the North West later (if they make it)😬

The radar animation on the met office site has them moving north but disintegrating half way across the channel.

• Sad 2

28 degrees and still uncomfortably humid here in Knaphill. Was perfectly placed between two storms and got sweetf all, so much so I was bbq’ing at 5pm! We most definitely have a storm shield over here! 🙄

• Like 2

Blimey, temps down from 33.9 to 21.9c here, better put the central heating on.😂

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

That looks nasty over northern France just about to cross the channel, think will decay once sun goes down 

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Edited by clark3r

10 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

Blimey, temps down from 33.9 to 21.9c here, better put the central heating on.😂

In the nicest way possible, I’d like to say, I really don’t like you right now (please know this is a joke) I want that temp drop, now, right now and you had a storm, so 😝  and double 😝😝

2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

In the nicest way possible, I’d like to say, I really don’t like you right now (please know this is a joke) I want that temp drop, now, right now and you had a storm, so 😝  and double 😝😝

I know, i feel quite alone at the moment, i wish i had not had this MEGGA STORM.😂

• Like 1