South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

looking at a dark sky but nothing heard. 😞

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

If there is anywhere one could reach on a train, from East Sussex, with something like a Travelodge, that looks like a good possibility of a storm either direct or near enough to watch/listen.. where would it be? I have two excited young storm enthusiasts who are dying to see something, but without a car I’m a bit stuffed.

4 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

24E3787D-DC96-4FA0-B7A5-D5F26178679C.thumb.jpeg.e8267e24d5fc22c53e8b73af0124e23b.jpegCE2A1B49-2088-4EF1-9F87-B4902B53FECB.thumb.jpeg.374d4e91e6936703f0c90213d25c2dfc.jpeg

Looks like the weather gods are mugging me off as usual. Winter or summer, doesn’t matter!

Im in Cambridge too, got all excited earlier thinking it was going to push up to us, but no 😒

29 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Would someone with a thunderstorm, kindly pop it in your car and drop it off over the triangle, thanking you muchly 🤞

Just got back from Lidl... I never thought that a two-hundred-yard round trip, could take so long! Then again, with the average velocity of a speeding snail, journeys can be very long indeed...

I can't take much more of this filthy weather: lethargy is driving me mad!:crazy:

• Like 1

I can see all the action to my west and north but here in coulsdon it’s just very warm and humid. It looks like the storms are trundling up the a217 . 

massive downpour, large hail and very elevated lightening in Hatfield...moving NWest to Hemel....

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1

Just got back from Ivinghoe Beacon, amazing storm formation and on the way back some of the heaviest rain i've ever seen,roads like rivers and amazing amount lightning/thunder. if this does'nt clear the air i don't know what will.

• Like 1

Still quite a few widespread 30 shown on the gfs run for tomorrow, if we get quite a bit of sun wouldn’t be surprised to see 32 33 being recorded again tomorrow 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, clark3r said:

Still quite a few widespread 30 shown on the gfs run for tomorrow, if we get quite a bit of sun wouldn’t be surprised to see 32 33 being recorded again tomorrow 

Me neither. And tonight's going to be a absolute stinker, humidity wise...Will somewhere record 30C, at 10 am?

• Like 1

What a scorcher again, 33c for the fourth day in a row . A Breeze picking up and we had some flying ants, sure sign of a storm brewing. It does feel humid. Good Health to you all. No duvet tonight, and no logs on the fire.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Are we going to see anything here on the south coast ? I have never felt so frustrated !!!!

Unlikely I'm afraid.......

During the evening hours, a band or cluster of thunderstorms over northern France will begin to drift north across the English Channel, potentially affecting the Channel Islands for a time - it is unclear where these storms will survive the crossing, but the vast majority of model guidance is in agreement that they will decay fairly rapidly after leaving the coast, with lightning activity tending to hug the French coastline to the east. Nonetheless, a few elevated thunderstorms may be possible across S / SE England overnight, and perhaps at the end of the night close to the East Anglia coast.

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2020-08-12

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

And now back to clear skies and Sun ☀️ 

77965AC9-C3EC-427D-991A-7DE74B2D3FEE.jpeg

Yes indeed. A bit disappointed TBH. On the bright side we had close to 2 hours of continuous rumbles of thunder in the distance plus the odd bit of lightning, so that's fairly unusual, plus some great towers building all around. But we appear to have been the breeding ground here for full-on storms and rain further west and north. My sister in Guildford could also hear the rumbles but has just had torrential rain too. I had higher hopes and wouldn't have minded a cool down from the heat for a while. Fed up of sleeping on the floor in our only semi-cool (by which I mean gets down to 26 degrees overnight) room with a fan on. 

• Like 1

Near miss, but saw some flashes, heard some booms and had a jolly nice summer downpour. Got soaked.:yahoo: