South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

3 hours ago, Snow Shoes said:

Yes must be nice and fresh on the coast. Less so here in humid SW London 😓 😢

It’s been awful on the coast too. The breeze that’s finally appeared today is like a hairdryer...there’s no relief from the humidity here at all. 

Sun has come back out now after a mostly cloudy morning. Low last night of 21.1c, now fluctuating around 29c - 30c.

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Distant rumbling in Harrow. Storms developing to the south and west of us. Hopefully more crop up further east as the afternoon goes on 

Its unbearable today, if storms cant happen in these conditions they will never happen.  We should be seeing really severe storms!!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Nath said:

Its unbearable today, if storms cant happen in these conditions they will never happen.  We should be seeing really severe storms!!

Dry air trapped has been capping the atmosphere in the SE for the last few days. You can have all the ingredients there, but if you can't take the lid off, it can't go bang!

• Like 1

Cells starting to pop up on the radar now. When I went to photograph these in the garden, it might have been distant rumbles I could hear, or a neighbour... 

IMG_20200812_145524.jpg

IMG_20200812_150001.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Some rain falling here in chessington all be it light , plenty of convection and the car showing a sultry 38c 

You got the rain drops a few minutes before us, just caught some in the garden now. Fingers crossed for a nice big storm:)

EDIT: Some big booming rolls of thunder can be heard in the distance now.

Edited by Reefseeker
1 minute ago, Reefseeker said:

You got the rain drops a few minutes before us, just caught some in the garden now. Fingers crossed for a nice big storm:)

Bit heavier now , seems to be cells popping up all around us now .

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

32c, 40% humidity and maybe because it’s been going on for weeks now, today feels worse than any other. Tomorrow forecasted to be 30c again, friday 23c allegedly that’s if they don’t put that up again too. Today was supposed to be the last of the hot days, but now not. And if my moaning annoys anybody, feel free to ignore my posts, just skip on past them, no offence will be taken. 

It's horrendous, BB... It's so Betty Swollocks, I think I'll pop in to Lidl and buy myself some more vodka. I mean enjoy the aircon!:clapping:

• Like 1

Straight out of luck here.. juicy storm building, and its all moving away from me westwards, unbelivable! stll non stop rumbles, probably from high up in the towers which would of looked great at night.

Definitely feels stormy, the humidity has shot up and the breeze has risen. It is great watching the clouds develop so quickly

297D930B-D8CF-4DFF-98FF-DAD5AA5B5D4B.jpeg

37E50B82-71C0-49F3-95C2-8DFA84321047.jpeg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

It's horrendous, BB... It's so Betty Swollocks, I think I'll pop in to Lidl and buy myself some more vodka. I mean enjoy the aircon!:clapping:

Don’t forget your mask, safety first. If I see on the local news about a naked man in Lidl, I’ll know who it was 🤣

• Like 1

Lightning showing up now , another cell further away to the north east seems to be joining  up with the one developing overhead . Temp has fallen 5c . Have also just seen lightning from the further away cell .

C5440C33-CEF4-4D02-BB41-9EE40C856D50.jpeg

04C6D1F0-B840-4379-A383-2B0BF9354A5E.png

12387EB9-80AA-458D-A31B-5BA82DAE06B3.jpeg

2F47EFF3-5A1D-4CA3-8CC0-D156B8DF8FC5.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Big intermittent drops of rain accompanied by near constant rumbling thunder here in Welwyn  😃

It’s started to kick off in the radar towards the nw of the region, surprise surprise 

Bedford doing what it does best, growing them and moving them on.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Fresco1985 said:

Rumbling to the south of Clapham Common...

A warm welcome to the forum Fresco. Hopefully lots of interesting weather to discuss on here over the next couple of days. :oldsmile:
When you get a mo could you pop your location into your profile. Ta.

• Like 1