South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

10 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Beautiful tower visible just north of Cobham as we joined the A3. Not sure if it's the cell over the M4 around Hayes. 

IMG_20200811_200054.jpg

Yes i think it's the same cell. We live a few miles to the south but close enough to hear distant rumbles of thunder.

Edited by Snow Shoes
  • Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

^^^ beat me to it. The difference 20 minutes can make....

678AB61E-513B-4626-BB73-811E139CFE6C.png

E1720637-F887-43A0-810B-C9C78283112E.png

Edited by Coopsy

The storms over Northern France appear to be steadily decaying, so think we're going to have rely on home grown cells to bring us any chance of storms overnight. 

1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

Don't know what to make of this cloud looking west towards London in dirty Dartford🤣😂

IMG_20200811_200513_139.jpg

Its definitely excited about something!

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Snow Shoes said:

Yes i think it's the same cell. We live a few miles to the south but close enough to hear distant rumbles of thunder.

Can hear the rumbles here in Surbiton too. View from the garden. 

IMG_20200811_202655.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Nath said:

Its definitely excited about something!

It looks ready to explode if you ask me😂

• Like 1
Just now, thunderpants said:

Tempted to sleep in the car tonight with the aircon on, but worried that i might get a visit from Greta Thunberg in the morning.😂

😂It’s OK - she sails now to lessen the carbon footprint of flying. It’d take her days to get to you. You’re safe 😉

• Like 1

On the netW radar its got a couple of lightning X.  But trust me there are 2-4 strikes a minute happening can hear deep loud booms.  Thats a proper storm going on there!

• Like 1

Well then... Back in the 'Good Old Days' (like in June 1974!) we'd  have one hot -- 26C -- Sunday afternoon and a whopper of a thunderstorm, thereafter... Something has clearly changed: umpteen days' 30C+, followed by f'all!:olddoh:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So are these "surface based" storms like the storm warning said?  Cant believe how a storm can go from nothing to full on in 20 minutes, its staggering!

3 minutes ago, Nath said:

So are these "surface based" storms like the storm warning said?  Cant believe how a storm can go from nothing to full on in 20 minutes, its staggering!

Yep...came out of nowhere...although I would say has been building up throughout the day...nice to have a decent storm

• Like 1