Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

The plot thickens... Thunderstorm symbol at 23:00 from the MO, and a better looking future precipitation sequence for tonight... Fingers are crossed hard enough to break them! Haha

• Like 3

well thats a first, my air con has a 2 litre water tank, thats twice i had to empty that today. Probably doing same tomorrow! 

some rain echoes S/E of me on radar, wonder if the heat of london may get them to explode when they arrive?

Just got home

Still 24.4C here ! I guess heathrow may be around 26-27

Sets us up nicely for heat tomorrow 

• Like 3

Today felt hot, even now it feels absolutely sweltering. Local station is 25.4c and humidity still rising. 

You start to get that feeling that it's going to go bang at some point in the next few days. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home

Heathrow again.

I bet you will get in your car, early, and arrive at Heathrow for a 7 hour stay, enjoy it baby.😷

• Like 1

23.4 outside it actually feels a little cooler than the last 2 nights which has been over 25 at this time, however it’s only forecast to drop a couple of degrees at the most tonight.

27 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home

Hmm, Not sure about nicely, but it’s certainly going to be far too hot!🔥

After a “low” of 19.5c around 6am, then a high of 34.8c today, it is currently 23.7c

Hands up if you’re ready for some nice autumnal weather and duvets again? 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

After a “low” of 19.5c around 6am, then a high of 34.8c today, it is currently 23.7c

Hands up if you’re ready for some nice autumnal weather and duvets again? 

Count me in ! Had a high of 36c today here in SW London and currently hovering around 24c. Reached 36c on fri . 33c on sat & sun and potentially looking at 36-37c tomorrow. Too hot and humid to enjoy this so yes looking forward to lots of long cool autumnal nights ! 😰

• Like 3

It's 6 a.m and 20.0c with higher humidity than yeterday, so hopefully some of us will see some cracking storms. Notice some approaching Kent now.👍

Posted (edited)

A lot of mid/high level cloud to start here. That needs to shift pretty quickly. A low of 18c.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Anyone in the Rye bay area able to give some info on the cell that was spewing electrics between 5am and 6am just off the coast?

• Like 1

21.8 3rd night off the heatwave where’s it’s stayed above 21.0 arpege predicting 33 today, 23 tonight, and 35 tomorrow, way different then bbc and met I suppose all depends on seabreeze cloud cover 

31 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A lot of mid/high level cloud to start here. That needs to shift pretty quickly. A low of 18c.

Looks like we could be in for something  maybe this morning few cells popping up 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, STE1490 said:

Looks like we could be in for something  maybe this morning few cells popping up 

Well it's raining, but no thunder or lighting just plain old rain.

Morning...

A low last night of 21.4c and no rain.

Just hit 25.0c and it’s not even 7:30am...going to be (another) hot and humid day. 
The current bit of Kent rain is just missing us here, moving north just to my west. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Morning...

A low last night of 21.4c and no rain.

Just hit 25.0c and it’s not even 7:30am...going to be (another) hot and humid day. 
The current bit of Kent rain is just missing us here, moving north just to my west. 

Aye, Lottie -- it's going to be a very oppressive day. Yesterday's max of 'only' 29C felt bad enough.💦

Posted (edited)

Rain on radar, absolutely nothing reaching the ground and extremely humid, today, I feel, is going to be awful. When is the snow coming?

Yup just checked, 94% humidity 😫😫

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Rumbles of thunder here in Tunbridge Wells and a half-hearted bit of rain.  Very overcast but I suspect not going anywhere.  Fields and garden lawns looking terrible, brown and dead.  On talking with the Farming community it may well be that there is a hay shortage this year.  A Farmer friend of mine has only got half his quota in.  No more grass left..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snow Shoes said:

Count me in ! Had a high of 36c today here in SW London and currently hovering around 24c. Reached 36c on fri . 33c on sat & sun and potentially looking at 36-37c tomorrow. Too hot and humid to enjoy this so yes looking forward to lots of long cool autumnal nights ! 😰

Count me in a thousand times.  Utterly fed up with it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Rain showing for over Sittingbourne but nothing here.. Debating whether to take the dog for his early walk but don't want to get stuck in a rain/lightning shower.

I take it back, we've had 4 spots..😄

Edited by Natty68
  • Like 2

At Last.. dark skys with odd rumble,, then again could of been the dustman... but its stopped that golden ball in the sky from shining down and heating my street up,, may it last all day!

• Like 3

Underneath the green on the radar and nothing but few drops falling out the sky