Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Heathrow just hit 35c at 3pm, not sure if thats rounded up or down by a fraction though.

With clearer (less hazy) skies now surely we can reach 36 at LHR?

There is a cell looks like it’s starting to come alive over Cambridge, not sure if it will amount to much and still hundreds of miles too far to the west for the ToD.

Temps here seem to have stopped rising and Norwich actually dropped 2c over the last hours, maybe some cloud appearing that way?

Just now, Blazerblue said:

There is a cell looks like it’s starting to come alive over Cambridge, not sure if it will amount to much and still hundreds of miles too far to the west for the ToD.

Temps here seem to have stopped rising and Norwich actually dropped 2c over the last hours, maybe some cloud appearing that way?

It’s right near my house but I’m at work argh 

• Sad 1

Be careful what you wish for - some on Raging Skies (FB) has reported a direct hit on their farm in Wales, it's pretty nasty there. 

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

It’s right near my house but I’m at work argh 

Same!! Its still bright sunshine all around my office in Cambridge city centre ☹️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Strong breeze now as well...

Edited by nanu

Skies turning hazy here now, hopefully clouds can start to block that sun out, I’d like to sleep a little tonight!

Just now, Blazerblue said:

Skies turning hazy here now, hopefully clouds can start to block that sun out, I’d like to sleep a little tonight!

Or the cloud will trap the heat in?

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Just 30 deg here but quite uncomfortable due to 61% humidity,no sign of any storms though today and that counts for tomorrow as well sadly

Just got back to Chelmo from Hullbridge, The temperature higher her but as it was so humid at Hullbridge it felt just as uncomfortable.

Had a very pleasant light lunch and drink at The anchor & sought a bit of shade in the nearby nature reserve.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 3

Just now, Djdazzle said:

Or the cloud will trap the heat in?

Way to upset a girl 😫 🤪

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Way to upset a girl 😫🤪

I feel bad now! 😂 Still, best not to set you up for a fall!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Hit a low of 19.3c overnight.

Expecting 33c today given yesterday and starting temp.

Hit 32.7c - just hovering in low 32s now with some accas cloud cover. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nanu said:

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Knowing our luck, we are just the breeding ground for storms in the Midlands as usual 🙄🙄😭😭

• Like 1

Currently a sweltering 34.3c in Coulsdon and not a cloud in sight.  

Lots of thunder here in West Cambs, but we missed the rain - just a few big spots. Sounds like east of Huntingdon got the best of it.

43 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Just got back to Chelmo from Hullbridge, The temperature higher her but as it was so humid at Hullbridge it felt just as uncomfortable.

Had a very pleasant light lunch and drink at The anchor & sought a bit of shade in the nearby nature reserve.

Kind Regards

Dave

Cant believe you had a nice lunch at the Anchor as was crap when me and the mrs went anyway back to the weather still warm at 28deg still no sign of storms 

49 minutes ago, nanu said:

Yup breeze picked up down this way...not so hot now.

It's just hit 33.3c here in the Hemel area and a short time ago you Could see that cell in cambridge from the A5 at markyate.

Increasing breeze,lowering temps,continued clear skies all day,certainly no storms today or tomorrow down here

4 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Cant believe you had a nice lunch at the Anchor as was crap when me and the mrs went anyway back to the weather still warm at 28deg still no sign of storms 

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

Had some lovely lunches here myself,can't fault it apart from road closures due to power cuts recently.Anyway back on topic may have to wait until wed/thurs for storms here.

• Like 1

My weather station hit 34.5 today here in Stansted but on a flat roof so probably slightly modified... Still it's super hot! I've just ordered an air conditioner, last night was hell, can't take it any more. I'm so desperate for a storm to clear the air, gutted the northerners are going to cash in again while we sit under hot humid air. 😞

With the air becoming more unstable, i would not be suprised to see some action before thurs, as with that cell west of cambridge today.

• Like 1

There is rain coming over from France, into Kent, don’t suppose there is any hope of it building up once it hits land?