Jump to content

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

There is a cell looks like it’s starting to come alive over Cambridge, not sure if it will amount to much and still hundreds of miles too far to the west for the ToD.

Temps here seem to have stopped rising and Norwich actually dropped 2c over the last hours, maybe some cloud appearing that way?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blazerblue said:

There is a cell looks like it’s starting to come alive over Cambridge, not sure if it will amount to much and still hundreds of miles too far to the west for the ToD.

Temps here seem to have stopped rising and Norwich actually dropped 2c over the last hours, maybe some cloud appearing that way?

It’s right near my house but I’m at work argh 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Strong breeze now as well...

Edited by nanu
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Skies turning hazy here now, hopefully clouds can start to block that sun out, I’d like to sleep a little tonight!

Or the cloud will trap the heat in?

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Just 30 deg here but quite uncomfortable due to 61% humidity,no sign of any storms though today and that counts for tomorrow as well sadly

Just got back to Chelmo from Hullbridge, The temperature higher her but as it was so humid at Hullbridge it felt just as uncomfortable.

Had a very pleasant light lunch and drink at The anchor & sought a bit of shade in the nearby nature reserve.

Kind Regards

Dave

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Hit a low of 19.3c overnight.

Expecting 33c today given yesterday and starting temp.

Hit 32.7c - just hovering in low 32s now with some accas cloud cover. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nanu said:

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Strong breeze now as well...

Knowing our luck, we are just the breeding ground for storms in the Midlands as usual 🙄🙄😭😭

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of thunder here in West Cambs, but we missed the rain - just a few big spots. Sounds like east of Huntingdon got the best of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Just got back to Chelmo from Hullbridge, The temperature higher her but as it was so humid at Hullbridge it felt just as uncomfortable.

Had a very pleasant light lunch and drink at The anchor & sought a bit of shade in the nearby nature reserve.

Kind Regards

Dave

Cant believe you had a nice lunch at the Anchor as was crap when me and the mrs went anyway back to the weather still warm at 28deg still no sign of storms 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, nanu said:

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Strong breeze now as well...

Yup breeze picked up down this way...not so hot now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Cant believe you had a nice lunch at the Anchor as was crap when me and the mrs went anyway back to the weather still warm at 28deg still no sign of storms 

 

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

 

Had some lovely lunches here myself,can't fault it apart from road closures due to power cuts recently.Anyway back on topic may have to wait until wed/thurs for storms here.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My weather station hit 34.5 today here in Stansted but on a flat roof so probably slightly modified... Still it's super hot! I've just ordered an air conditioner, last night was hell, can't take it any more. I'm so desperate for a storm to clear the air, gutted the northerners are going to cash in again while we sit under hot humid air. 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...