Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

10 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

An unpleasant piece of news for us over who've been hoping for a lovely refreshing NNE breeze, tomorrow... I've just watched the Met O's Saturday morning forecast -- there'll be that NE breeze alright... but with temps ranging from 32C, on the north Norfolk coast to 37C at London Heathrow!!!😱

Need that wow emoticon rather than sad face for this, how can it be that hot from the north east. I'm guessing the upper pattern is still coming up from the south. 

• Like 2

So I take it this is in fill of cloud and not electric in any blinking way 

• Like 1

High here now 35.4and keeps changing between between high end 34and low end 35

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

An unpleasant piece of news for us over who've been hoping for a lovely refreshing NNE breeze, tomorrow... I've just watched the Met O's Saturday morning forecast -- there'll be that NE breeze alright... but with temps ranging from 32C, on the north Norfolk coast to 37C at London Heathrow!!!😱

8C5FE20D-4310-42A4-948D-9CE352A64531.jpeg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Arpege and UKV have the North Norfolk coast maxing out at 20C tomorrow:

arpegeuk-31-30-0.png?07-17

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently been the hottest august day For 17 years according to the beeb. Doubt it will take another 17 years the way the temps are going up each decade (or so it feels) or maybe just me getting older!

• Like 3

31.3c max on the Riviera today so our hottest day of the summer and still just above 28c at the moment!!...hopefully that chart above will give the coasts a rest bite tomorrow (roughly 23/24c here with an onshore breeze).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Need that wow emoticon rather than sad face for this, how can it be that hot from the north east. I'm guessing the upper pattern is still coming up from the south. 

Personally, I don't see how things can be that warm (right on the coast) with the wind coming down from the north like that... 25C would be quite enough for me; but I'm around 8 miles' west of Lowestoft.

I'll eat my hat, should the north Norfolk coast get anywhere near 90f, tomorrow!:unsure2:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Finally clouded over in the last half hour, temp down to a chilly (not) 30c. 

Looks like that drizzle cloud has reached the east, nothing reaching the ground though.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 2

Down here near the south coast in Hailsham this evening for me, is pretty unbearable. High cloud but humidity seems to have risen. God knows how hot it still is.

Each to their own and all that but unless you’re lucky enough to have an air conditioned home I can’t see the enjoyment from this sort of heat. Sorry to be a misery guts!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Took a look at some temperatures being forecast down the coast. Source of flow so important here.

Great Yarmouth - 21c, winds sources north of Holland.

Felixstowe - 28c, wind off the continent.

now those high temperatures could get further north if the precise alignment of the winds is different, equally they could be further south.

By the way, early warnings already released for the risk of severe thunderstorms next week.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Down here near the south coast in Hailsham this evening for me, is pretty unbearable. High cloud but humidity seems to have risen. God knows how hot it still is.

Each to their own and all that but unless you’re lucky enough to have an air conditioned home I can’t see the enjoyment from this sort of heat. Sorry to be a misery guts!

Aye, it's gone awfully clammy just now, hasn't it? God, I'll be hurling my teddies, rattles and Stickle Bricks out the window if (when?) I don't see any thunderstorms next week!🥵

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 7

My Fav model gfsp goes for 35 -37 tomorrow for the south of the region

Think tonight will break records 8pm.and still 28 degrees and that's not London but herts!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Hasn't really clouded over here, just some cas about from time to time. Not ac cas yet, so I don't think anything will happen tonight, we'll see. Temp is still 25.3 so holding up in the now east light breeze. Dp seems to be rising a bit. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

It's been the hottest August day in our Region since 2003 with Heathrow and Kew Gardens reaching 36.4°C. For the eastern half of the Region lighter winds with a southerly flow also meant today was warmer than last Friday, with Santon Downham, at 35.3C, the East Anglia hotspot.

1486199374_Eastmaxtemp07Aug20.thumb.jpg.cd617aaefe786d7703c89dbba93b353f.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reached 34.2C not impressed nearly SJP reached 36.1C but AROME caught cooler Rotherhithe very well a combination of the area being less of an urban jungle and the “cool” Thames which wraps round.

8379768F-1667-4B0B-9F38-D54C079081F1.thumb.jpeg.e021f3ff4745c3854bcae669c5a4de85.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Reached 34.2C not impressed nearly SJP reached 36.1C but AROME caught cooler Rotherhithe very well a combination of the area being less of an urban jungle and the “cool” Thames which wraps round.

8379768F-1667-4B0B-9F38-D54C079081F1.thumb.jpeg.e021f3ff4745c3854bcae669c5a4de85.jpeg

I just love seeing all of the microclimates.

Love it how the French haven’t made up names for all of Londres’ districts. . . 😂

Edited by Djdazzle
  • Like 1

Just got home - humid here at 25.2c 

Last night it was 14.8c

Let the furnace begin again tomorrow...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stabilo19 said:

Good luck sleeping tonight. 

ughwtf.thumb.png.72f37212ffaced8d0919e36a3acba727.png

Awful 

24c in Reigate now at 21:50 so that chart looks overblown.  Max here today of 36.1c at 15:29 after which it got cloudy and muggy and the temperature dropped a bit.

North Pembrokeshire coast tomorrow in the old family place for 10 days.  Probably won't hit 24c in the day there, not that it matters when you're somewhere so utterly beautiful.

• Like 2

Outside is 24.8C, Inside is 28.7C

57 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

It's been the hottest August day in our Region since 2003 with Heathrow and Kew Gardens reaching 36.4°C. For the eastern half of the Region lighter winds with a southerly flow also meant today was warmer than last Friday, with Santon Downham, at 35.3C, the East Anglia hotspot.

1486199374_Eastmaxtemp07Aug20.thumb.jpg.cd617aaefe786d7703c89dbba93b353f.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

It so annoying we have no recording station in NW Kent anymore Gravesend/Dartford would surely have challenged Heathrow and Kew today were nearly always a degree or 2 higher than the likes of Chelmsford and Maidstone.

• Like 1