Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Finally clouded over in the last half hour, temp down to a chilly (not) 30c. 

Looks like that drizzle cloud has reached the east, nothing reaching the ground though.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Down here near the south coast in Hailsham this evening for me, is pretty unbearable. High cloud but humidity seems to have risen. God knows how hot it still is.

Each to their own and all that but unless you’re lucky enough to have an air conditioned home I can’t see the enjoyment from this sort of heat. Sorry to be a misery guts!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Took a look at some temperatures being forecast down the coast. Source of flow so important here.

Great Yarmouth - 21c, winds sources north of Holland.

Felixstowe - 28c, wind off the continent.

now those high temperatures could get further north if the precise alignment of the winds is different, equally they could be further south.

By the way, early warnings already released for the risk of severe thunderstorms next week.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Down here near the south coast in Hailsham this evening for me, is pretty unbearable. High cloud but humidity seems to have risen. God knows how hot it still is.

Each to their own and all that but unless you’re lucky enough to have an air conditioned home I can’t see the enjoyment from this sort of heat. Sorry to be a misery guts!

Aye, it's gone awfully clammy just now, hasn't it? God, I'll be hurling my teddies, rattles and Stickle Bricks out the window if (when?) I don't see any thunderstorms next week!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Interesting multi-layer clouds this evening 

699B889F-E9DC-4A8A-A84C-D18ECFE68BD5.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hasn't really clouded over here, just some cas about from time to time. Not ac cas yet, so I don't think anything will happen tonight, we'll see. Temp is still 25.3 so holding up in the now east light breeze. Dp seems to be rising a bit. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

It's been the hottest August day in our Region since 2003 with Heathrow and Kew Gardens reaching 36.4°C. For the eastern half of the Region lighter winds with a southerly flow also meant today was warmer than last Friday, with Santon Downham, at 35.3C, the East Anglia hotspot.

1486199374_Eastmaxtemp07Aug20.thumb.jpg.cd617aaefe786d7703c89dbba93b353f.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Reached 34.2C not impressed nearly SJP reached 36.1C but AROME caught cooler Rotherhithe very well a combination of the area being less of an urban jungle and the “cool” Thames which wraps round.

8379768F-1667-4B0B-9F38-D54C079081F1.thumb.jpeg.e021f3ff4745c3854bcae669c5a4de85.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Reached 34.2C not impressed nearly SJP reached 36.1C but AROME caught cooler Rotherhithe very well a combination of the area being less of an urban jungle and the “cool” Thames which wraps round.

8379768F-1667-4B0B-9F38-D54C079081F1.thumb.jpeg.e021f3ff4745c3854bcae669c5a4de85.jpeg

I just love seeing all of the microclimates.

Love it how the French haven’t made up names for all of Londres’ districts. . .

Edited by Djdazzle
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Stabilo19 said:

Good luck sleeping tonight. 

ughwtf.thumb.png.72f37212ffaced8d0919e36a3acba727.png

Awful 

24c in Reigate now at 21:50 so that chart looks overblown.  Max here today of 36.1c at 15:29 after which it got cloudy and muggy and the temperature dropped a bit.

North Pembrokeshire coast tomorrow in the old family place for 10 days.  Probably won't hit 24c in the day there, not that it matters when you're somewhere so utterly beautiful.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
57 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

It's been the hottest August day in our Region since 2003 with Heathrow and Kew Gardens reaching 36.4°C. For the eastern half of the Region lighter winds with a southerly flow also meant today was warmer than last Friday, with Santon Downham, at 35.3C, the East Anglia hotspot.

1486199374_Eastmaxtemp07Aug20.thumb.jpg.cd617aaefe786d7703c89dbba93b353f.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

It so annoying we have no recording station in NW Kent anymore Gravesend/Dartford would surely have challenged Heathrow and Kew today were nearly always a degree or 2 higher than the likes of Chelmsford and Maidstone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
26 minutes ago, abruzzi spartan said:

24c in Reigate now at 21:50 so that chart looks overblown.  Max here today of 36.1c at 15:29 after which it got cloudy and muggy and the temperature dropped a bit.

North Pembrokeshire coast tomorrow in the old family place for 10 days.  Probably won't hit 24c in the day there, not that it matters when you're somewhere so utterly beautiful.

Already 27°C in London at 10PM so highest min temp may be out of reach tonight

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Met office teasing us with highest minimum temp record in London tonight! 23.9c the current record at Brighton from 1990

However BBC for the same time shows 22c at 6am. Lets see.....

Screenshot_20200807-221151_Met Office.jpg

Posted
9 hours ago, abruzzi spartan said:

Post removed

I used to love reading your witty posts in here among first I saw and had much respect...theres nowt stopping you from posting, apart from pride and sweet nostalgia of good old times. Tis a shame. Nothing lasts forever. Take care anyway.. I’m marinating in my juices tonight.

Edited by Blessed Weather
Post in quote box removed
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
9 hours ago, abruzzi spartan said:

Post removed.

Cheerio again Abruzzi , Always  a powder keg with you for some reason it was only in jest so why the flippant comment ? And why should people tread so carefully? Anyway Thanks Daniel for your inputs the last few days in the different forums  , please don’t let posts like these get you down . 

My Holiday in Devon is brilliant so far  but the weather is not on my side given the current set up , we was plagued by cloud yesterday and then again today from 10am until the cloud went by 4pm . Any way a nice trip to the castle  ( Powderham ) and then a swim at the complex was nice , Perhaps the Beach tomorrow.

Hope the heat is not to bad back in the south east , Looks good for some fireworks next week . 

3AF733A4-8CEC-42AE-855F-A6447CFFA698.jpeg

D8FDFAF9-5307-41D2-B27D-F0C7A95369C3.jpeg

CA8B195E-7CC8-45E8-B651-809FAF27EAFC.jpeg

F51E16FE-B14E-47A4-B198-5E166E91C931.jpeg

DFB52D02-DB67-4A73-8543-4DE03CE55B1B.jpeg

Edited by Blessed Weather
Post in quote box removed
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just sat outside trying to cool down, inside is boiling, and I saw another shooting star, so that's one three night in a row now. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

El scorchio today, and with that, came the inevitable migration, from london. All trying to get to camber sands, sadly l, the road was done by 9am, so no money made on that front today. Part 2 tomorrow, but on a far bigger scale, not good for my business, thankfully autumn is fast approaching.