Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

Norwich, Heathrow Airport, along with several other stations, were recording 29C, at 10 a. m..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Cluster said:

Norwich, Heathrow Airport, along with several other stations, were recording 29C, at 10 a. m..

can you add a link for me please thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See breeze kicking in temp has stopped rising here 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

can you add a link for me please thanks

Hi Steve...It's from the 'Today's Maximum Temperatures' page, which you can access via the NW Homepage... just below the 'current top temps'...:oldgood:

 

Edit: and, just like that, after using it for seventeen-and-half years... poof, it's gone!:oldrolleyes:

image.thumb.png.f6a077bb92875c2e8f3e8f44722b5405.png

Edited by General Cluster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 24.7c here at the moment but rising fast, humidity showing at 55%, those thundery showers approaching the south west appear to be heading roughly in our direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Hi Steve...It's from the 'Today's Maximum Temperatures' page, which you can access via the NW Homepage... just below the 'current top temps'...:oldgood:

 

Edit: and just like that, after using it for seventeen-and-half years... poof, it's gone!:oldrolleyes:

image.thumb.png.f6a077bb92875c2e8f3e8f44722b5405.png

I thought it was me, all live weather disappeared, page no longer available. The heat broke NW 😫

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top temps is back😃. Here in Coulsdon weve just crept over the 30 degree mark. Currently 30.2c 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit 31.8C here now, hottest day of the year so far here, and not even midday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Hit 31.8C here now, hottest day of the year so far here, and not even midday.

 

It was around 25C at 7am this morning according to my car temp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12pm here in the green belt

28.4 thats a rise of 5.2c in 2 hours.

I think we will see 32c at 12 at Heathrow.

If the cloud breaks up we still at risk of 37-38c

6 degrees in 6 hours is achievable- ideally though 36 -36.5 by 3pm is the target

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed @shackforce was only a few minutes outage 🤪👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meto getting the thunderstorm warnings in early for Monday and Tuesday.

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels quite different to last Friday. Nice and cool in the shade even without much breeze. Maybe the humidity is lower this week. Maybe I’m getting used to the heat 😳

This is a strange one but today reminded me of when it snows (Bear with me! Lol) It was really quiet - no noise from the trees as so still, not much traffic (maybe everyone’s down the beach) it just felt quite muffled. Not sure if anyone can relate? (Maybe the heat has actually got to me 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Met Office forecast for Reading was 27C at 12:00 - Currently it's 31.0C at the University observatory. Could push 35C.

Should note though that BBC had Reading at 30C at 12:00 and only predict a high of 34C. Interesting to see the differences in how the heat builds.

Edited by Sainsbo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

[email protected]   IMBG.

Don't think I will match last Friday.

But ya never know.

Here I've already beat last Friday, highest then was 28.7 right now we got 29.3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently 33.3c here in Coulsdon. Temp just shot up by 2c in last hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

It feels quite different to last Friday. Nice and cool in the shade even without much breeze. Maybe the humidity is lower this week. Maybe I’m getting used to the heat 😳

This is a strange one but today reminded me of when it snows (Bear with me! Lol) It was really quiet - no noise from the trees as so still, not much traffic (maybe everyone’s down the beach) it just felt quite muffled. Not sure if anyone can relate? (Maybe the heat has actually got to me 😂

I suggest a cold wet flannel to the forehead and a long lie down 😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blazerblue said:

I suggest a cold wet flannel to the forehead and a long lie down 😂😂

😂I thought I’d be on my own on that one 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Here I've already beat last Friday, highest then was 28.7 right now we got 29.3.

31C here at midday... equalling last Friday's max.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like we've hit the max of 30.9C today here temp just edging back down now, must be the sea breezes kicking in taking the edge off.

 

Edit: Hang on, its on its way back up again!

Edited by Nimbusman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperature here in my garden(north facing and in shade ) is 33.7 as at 12.54!!!.I think we will hit 35-36 here in Locksbottom similar to last week.Shortly be painting back of shed which is in shade thank goodness.Keep drinking the h2o everyone-very very important to keep hydrated👍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29.1c here on the Riviera....0.8c to beat my hottest of the summer which should be easily achievable unless we get one of those nagging afternoon on-shore breezes arrive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...