Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Several high resolution models have some shower activity breaking out over E.A *tonight* with there being a decent chance of something kicking off tomorrow (which is why some of those models now have a much lower forecast for tomorrow down to only 32-34c maxes).

Worth watching that band in the SW, it looks reasonably active and don't be surprised if mid level cloud from it spills into our region by 2-3pm which may just prevent the very highest temperatures occurring that are forecast.

The flow does look increasingly less stable, the AROME for example breaks ut quite a few showers tomorrow, which is far from impossible if the front remains straddled close to our area as oer forecast (as usual, the closer to the coast you are, the better the chances of keeping dry and hot, which is why the models are now focusing any 34c+ heat south of London).

Let’s hope so, been extremely poor for storms here so far this summer and I’ll not be upset if we do get some cloud to keep temps down today.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Let’s hope so, been extremely poor for storms here so far this summer and I’ll not be upset if we do get some cloud to keep temps down today.

I think we as a region will be very unlucky not to see some thunderstorm activity as the heatwave rolls on, the flow looks pretty unstable to me and there is some decent enough CAPE to work with for any storm that does kick off to get fairly strong, especially past Sunday.

Just worth noting the temperatures across the region are about 1c down on where they were last week, so increasingly unlikely we get as hot as last week today, and that is ignoring the convection currently developing over the SW and moving NE that may well spill mid level cloud into the western part of the region by 2pm.

Still every chance of reaching 35-36c today though, which by any normal times standards is madness (we've been spoiled in the last 13 months!)

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Beeb app has changed its thunderstorm symbols slightly, now from 3pm wednesday and all day Thursday met office app having none of it. For the triangle, I’m inclined to believe the met

current temp 21c with 73% humidity. 

An eight o'clock temp of 23C, down (or up) here... I reckon 30 or 32C must be well within today's range? But at least tomorrow's 27C should feel a lot fresher!:oldlaugh:

Thunderstorms? Triangle?  Naaah!:olddoh:

• Like 2

Posted

23.5 already, metoffice state 22 for 09.00 seems temperatures are climbing faster here, I suspect a sea breeze will develop here soon to stop the temperature rising too much, enjoy the heatwave all, for those who don’t like the heat you have to wait until Wednesday Thursday 

• Like 2

Posted

10am 27c 63% humidity

edit, should add, these are Norwich airport stats, closest reliable station to me.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Perseids due mid August.

Lol, I wonder if I see any when they peak, normally I don't. Should start looking early it seems. 

Posted

28C at 10:30... It's going to be a hottie!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Well I'm just happy that the washed bedding I hung up outside at 10.30pm last night was dry by 9.30 this morning, lol!!!

Fwiw, my little at home weather station here in Ashtead (nr Epsom) says 25.5c and 51% humidity. Mid 20s is my favourite (and my veg garden/lawn's favourite!!) so I think there'll be lots of hose and water play in the garden with the kids the next few days!! Going away to Devon next Thursday and fully expecting a massive breakdown and crappy weather coming in off the Atlantic!!xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Not a breath of wind and already past the 30C mark, now at 30.4C. It's going to be roasting by this afternoon with no breeze and full sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

27c and rising here. In the end I am not expecting the highest temperatures here (probably 32/33c), I will not expect them in Great Yarmouth where I am heading for the weekend.

As for beyond this, if thunderstorms cause cooler temperatures then that is fine. However a stiff NE wind and low cloud would be a real spoiler so fingers cross the winds remain more easterly.

Temps Brands hatch ( shade )

10am 23.2c

11am  26.2c

A 3 degree rise in 1 hour.

I still think heathrow / Kew will get 37/38 today with landmarks

12pm 30c

1pm   32c

2pm   33.5c

Leaving 4 hours warming for the other 4 degrees.

Update at 12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

NE Hants (Fleet) and it's 31.5°C at 11am imby, and rising. Oh. Em. Gee.

Posted

Norwich, Heathrow Airport, along with several other stations, were recording 29C, at 10 a. m..

Posted
14 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

can you add a link for me please thanks

Hi Steve...It's from the 'Today's Maximum Temperatures' page, which you can access via the NW Homepage... just below the 'current top temps'...:oldgood:

Edit: and, just like that, after using it for seventeen-and-half years... poof, it's gone!:oldrolleyes:

image.thumb.png.f6a077bb92875c2e8f3e8f44722b5405.png

Edited by General Cluster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Only 24.7c here at the moment but rising fast, humidity showing at 55%, those thundery showers approaching the south west appear to be heading roughly in our direction.

Posted
12 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Hi Steve...It's from the 'Today's Maximum Temperatures' page, which you can access via the NW Homepage... just below the 'current top temps'...:oldgood:

Edit: and just like that, after using it for seventeen-and-half years... poof, it's gone!:oldrolleyes:

image.thumb.png.f6a077bb92875c2e8f3e8f44722b5405.png

I thought it was me, all live weather disappeared, page no longer available. The heat broke NW

Posted

Top temps is back. Here in Coulsdon weve just crept over the 30 degree mark. Currently 30.2c 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Hit 31.8C here now, hottest day of the year so far here, and not even midday.

• Like 1