South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Just out for an early morning walk and the sun is already bursting through the clouds. T shirt weather already. And so begins the hot spell. And it’s now looking like quite a hot spell too.

I have a feeling we’ll be talking about this upcoming heatwave for a while after.....

9DFD370D-9DC2-43F1-8B90-85E38943A947.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

20c with 83% humidity at 8am. Having walked the dogs, felt like I couldn’t get a deep breath of air in my lungs and by the time I’d gotten home, I was soaked with sweat, very unpleasant and it’s only gonna get worse. 

Here in NE Hants (Fleet) currently imby 23.2°C with 74% humidity. Cloud cover and feeling muggy but can see the cloud breaking up from the south 😎

Oddly, the cloud was breaking nicely, now it’s as thick as it’s been all day. Never experienced this before - when it starts to break, it’s clear within an hour.

35 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Here in NE Hants (Fleet) currently imby 23.2°C with 74% humidity. Cloud cover and feeling muggy but can see the cloud breaking up from the south 😎

Looking like its going to be a very hot week coming up for much of Hampshire!

I'm in Littlehampton at the moment, wonderful morning down here. Could see the cloud cover to the north but that has since cleared away and now great day.

• Like 1

I spent so much time worrying about low cloud from the north east in the coming days, yet here we are with large slabs of the stuff moving up from the south west.

Currently 26c somehow....

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Around 25/26C this afternoon here in Chelmsford, with mostly overcast skies and a high humidity of 62%, making it feel pretty oppressive. For contrast, yesterday it was 26C but 30% humidity.

4 minutes ago, weathertoski said:

Feels really hot now. Surely 30 is on the cards today, if not here in west London then somewhere...

Heathrow reporting 29, though it may be a rounded figure.

Well my sister has sent me this from Folkestone , Meanwhile I’m currently at West Ward Ho beach in Devon still under grey skies and Drizzle 😂. Sister is not on holiday but I am . 🙈

48B77949-510E-4253-A339-AC5D90946870.jpeg

2D99BF48-2108-4CA7-B03D-6EBAAA3470C8.jpeg

95CE5F4A-BDC1-42E6-B3DC-6AEA4592344C.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Pretty cloudy here in Herts at the moment, which I'm not complaining about given the forecast for the next week.... 🥵