South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

The high cloud is rolling in now here in Reading and the temperature has now fallen to around 34C. I guess the cloud will reach Heathrow soon, so I expect the temperature to start dropping there too. Peaked at 35.6 at Reading University and 35.8 in our garden, where it was the second hottest day on record after 25 July 2019.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, anything-but said:

Local station hit this not long ago. 

Screenshot_2020-07-31-15-51-17-313_com.android.chrome.jpg

The record is only 38.7!

Looking out over Kent looking distinctly unstable

2F8099FC-FE79-4B4D-A38C-AABFCE093BEB.thumb.jpeg.7349ef2a585a9b0b460d26eea80dd6de.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

Plenty of  humidity in North Kent, sweating buckets!

Same here in se Kent, I'm dripping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow who would have thought the heat would build so quickly to 37.8 in 2 days in London, here on the coast we hit 27 today which was hot enough, all eyes on next weekend now I’m hoping we can get a few days of heat 

• Like 2

35.8c here on the coast in SE Kent an hour or so ago; much warmer than forecast. Patchy high cloud now bubbled up so temp dropped to 33.3c.

See there’s a storm off the northern french coast but doesn’t seem to be coming this way sadly.

• Like 1

My first post here, been meaning to sign up for a while.

It got to 33.1 a short while ago in North London but has fallen to 32 now

Edited by Arch Stanton
mispelling
  • Like 8

lots of high cloud here in s/e london, sun blocked out (thank god) darker clouds south of me makes me think that the big raindrops will start soon as neighbours just started the bbq!

Interesting satellite pic, can clearly see the cold front out W but also ahead of it, the trough, running down from the Midlands, CS England in into N France past Paris. Might be something thundery popping up along that trough, more likely across E England/E Anglia, imho 

51AA68CB-FE81-46C9-89B1-853F553A263B.png

• Like 7

Still cloudless blue skies here, temp 30c, considering the east was the forecasted area for storms, it’s not looking good, I know still a few hours to go. West seems to have the clouds building, but we need them here!

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

My first post here, been meaning to sign up for a while.

It got to 33.1 a short while ago in North London but has fallen to 32 now

Welcome. It's a great forum with experts, super amateurs, learners, newbies and lurkers all enjoying that strangely exciting interest call meteorology. You certainly picked a great day to join - scorching here in NE Hants. 🔥

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Welcome. It's a great forum with experts, super amateurs, learners, newbies and lurkers all enjoying that strangely exciting interest call meteorology. You certainly picked a great day to join - scorching here in NE Hants. 🔥

Thanks Mizzle, I've been reading this site for years so better late than never I guess.

31.0 now and its been very gusty this afternoon with clouds building up - usually a sign of some electrical activity.🤞 

Clouding over here in Bexleyheath, which I am relieved about as this time of day, the sun moves round so it streams into our kitchen and front room, making it far too hot. ♨️♨️

Would be good to have payment in putting up with this heat with some decent thunderstorms ⛈🌩⛈🌩

• Like 1