Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

This little feature has come from nowhere its absolutely bucketing down  

Yep narrow but intense pretty much formed overhead I was in the gap as it moved SSE it filled I had no measurable rainfall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

The rain around midnight was very loud, woke me up as the window was open. I’m sure there was no rain mentioned in the forecast ??‍♀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A cracking start to the week with clear blue skies, but a rather fresh feeling temp of 10.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

For me this is a perfect summer's day, light breeze low humidity and mainly clear skies with a current temp of 20.3c.

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely weather today, feels hot in the sun with a bit of cloud to mitigate the heat and a breeze. Just had the strangest strong wind appear out of nowhere battering the open windows and sending the blinds flapping wildly, made me jump it was so sudden then it just disappeared again. EDIT, husband was in the garden when the hell-gust struck, sending everything flying and just missing the dog as the door slammed shut!

As with others, the weekend was a bit grey-er than I would have liked. But I was able to sit in my mum's garden in the west country as the temperature just scraped in high enough plus yesterday afternoon the rain cleared and we were able to sit in the garden  with friends to enjoy pizza before it got too cold. So overall usable weather.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Beautiful evening ☀️

DSC01202.JPG

DSC01203.thumb.JPG.5007226e41ad41023cd94b093c988585.JPG

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, thunderpants said:

For me this is a perfect summer's day, light breeze low humidity and mainly clear skies with a current temp of 20.3c.

Yep agreed, one of nicest days of summer. More please...

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Yep agreed, one of nicest days of summer. More please...

Let's hope so Daniel.

Posted

It's been a lot sunnier here than last weekends forecast suggested, apart from yesterday afternoon that is, with pleasant low 20c temps.

Posted

It's starting to feel humid and a tad thundery outside, could be an interesting 36hrs ahead for some before turning cooler and fresher.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some sunshine at times, it certainly feels warm and humid with very little breeze. Up to 24c.

Posted

A very mild misty and humid start here with a morning low of 16.7c, with a chance of the odd storm for some in our region later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Nice to be looking forward to some interesting weather today. A cold front coming through later will bring a line of heavy rain with the possibility of hail, gusty winds and even a "slight" chance of lightning. There are some small differences in the exact timing of this by the NWP models, for example here's the view of NMM and Arpege for 21.00 this evening:

730305412_NMM25July21_00.thumb.png.317049d322cd3185c0d7768084d39166.png258225525_ArpegePrecip25July21_00.thumb.png.d575d8da57cc8353a8e1d0ccf64739a1.png

The Convective Weather forecast provides an excellent narrative. Note their last sentence:

"......a small window of opportunity may exist around midday/early afternoon in the Cambs/Lincs/Norfolk vicinity before increasing cloud dilutes insolation and reduces surface temperatures. Otherwise, it may be the evening hours that offer the best potential for deep convection and heavy showers / a few thunderstorms. One or two pronounced SW-NE convergence zones may develop, the lines of showers then migrating generally eastwards with time while individual cells track to the NE. Shear will be stronger here under the influence of a mid-level jet, and 30-40kts DLS may aid in cell organisation and longevity - especially across southern and eastern England. Hail up to 1.5cm in diameter may be possible, alongside gusts of 35-45mph. Low cloud bases and locally enhanced vorticity could produce an isolated tornado. Activity may persist / keep developing until the early hours, before finally clearing to the North Sea. Confidence on lightning coverage over England is rather low, but have tentatively introduced a SLIGHT where some sporadic lightning is considered most likely."

155258234_ConvectiveFcast25July.thumb.png.84b05b7ce18b7e9da1b78c50302152cb.png

Source: http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2020-07-25

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Will we or won’t we? ?⛈⚡

Isn't it reassuring to see both the Cone of Silence and the Triangle of Doom so clearly delineated!:oldlaugh:

155258234_ConvectiveFcast25July.thumb.pn

On a more 'positive' note, our local BBC App thingie is forecasting 'light rain showers'...So there's always hope!:clap:

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

This day last year we had a great evening storm, so you never know....minor miracles do happen

To miracles! :drinks:

• Like 2

Posted

Currently at 20C and (interpolating from the NW RH table) around 70% RH... In other words, it's horrible!:help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Currently cloudy with light rain, let's see what happens tonight. 

Posted

Rain radar looking a bit messy at the moment but at least there some potential for some storms later, currently dull and humid with a high so far of 21.0c.

Posted

Looks like things are getting going, gone very dark here at with some lightning showing up on the radar. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Wow look at this lot coming in and I’m sure I’ve seen this is due to intensify over us .

4A3003B3-353E-4CAA-A691-41621CE998A3.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 5