South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Quite fed up of the mediocre weather to be honest. I'm not a fan of heatwaves, but I also hate dull, dark  summer days with drizzle. And my allotment is in need of  some sunny days.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Quite fed up of the mediocre weather to be honest. I'm not a fan of heatwaves, but I also hate dull, dark  summer days with drizzle. And my allotment is in need of  some sunny days.

Same here I only seem to be complaining on this forum think weather is making me grouchy. 😄 

Growth has really slowed down in my garden it is frustrating the temps are OK and it’s pretty dry, so it is useable weather but the grey skies really do not put you in a good head space. 

Here at Pagham, we are suffering from lack of rain - brown patches on lawns, village pond in a desperate state drying up. Now we are approaching the traditional late July/early August peak time of year for thunder, any sign of any major thundery activity coming up? Haven't had thunder here since April. 

It's so dark here this morning that it feels more like october apart from the mild temp and humidity. No real sign of any substantial rain for those who need it, luckily my area has not had it to bad recently, although Very little rain here in the forecast for a while by the looks of it.

Got soaked by that horrible heavy drizzle stuff that sticks to you yesterday evening whilst out dog walking. This morning is dull, grey and less heavy drizzle in the breeze. 😔

Blimey I thought things were supposed to brighten up today . I actually saw the sun more yesterday! Still hopefully the Sun makes an appearance and I see the Met Office has a maximum of 28c for tomorrow which would be welcome .

No real luck again here today sunny W-SW of London, warmer though a max of 22.8C and still now its 20.5C a muggy feel.

Edited by Daniel*

After the recent dreary weather it's great to be looking forward to the return of summer, even if briefly. Already 18.5C here at 07.30 and forecast to reach 24C for most of us across the Region, with the usual hot-spots such as Gravesend heading for several degrees higher. 😎

982912277_AromeTemp17July16_00.thumb.png.46a30f24de09d817eb19095a07fca4c6.png

• Like 3

still got great amount of cloud here, only a few spots of blue in the sky, this really needs to change as this has got to be the most miserable summer I can recall 

Lovely blue skies with a few clouds around here and 24c already, feels fairly humid too 

Edited by Freeze

A fantastic day here, it's the small birds mopping all the ants here, not just flying ones. Sea gulls are just being vocal. 

• Like 1

Lovely day today a high of 27.4C warmest in 3 weeks. Much welcome dose of sunshine. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Beautiful day so far with less cloud than yesterday. 

Yep I guess it was more than one day of summer in this little warm up after all. 

Endless blue skies since late morning here in Kent beautiful and a nice temperature 

• Like 1

A really nice couple of days with temps yesterday reaching 26.4C and today 24.9C. Me and Mrs Blessed sat in the beer garden of our local Italian restaurant tonight and enjoyed a pizza. And to end the day some lovely skies as the sun goes down. :oldsmile:

139897730_Sunset18July.thumb.jpg.295060b31a195c5acf322086d4e24ed2.jpg

• Like 7

Nice M 🙂 

Another very nice day was up all night restless, but treated to this. 

Warm again high 25.6°C last time I’ve had blue skies like this was in May, checked ECM and it has very little rain for us the front reinvigorates over the Midlands but then decays as it reaches SE. Perhaps some more useful rain for those in region north of London.  

237FD362-0508-4EC1-B4C8-FC474E83BDF4.thumb.jpeg.cbd6e50dfd34df319210c7ae20ae9500.jpeg9040CB81-EE74-49F1-9219-C6FA66F7740F.thumb.jpeg.20a7bf01b1292e7f112ec2bda1a38a3a.jpeg8DB92498-25DA-418B-8753-5CF8F85D26D6.thumb.jpeg.7e11e9dc3cc13c108e51ab3830ae57c3.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 5