South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Rain just started here along with a very notable drop in temperatures and humidity.

Indeed, quite a shock to the system walking the dog in hot weather gear after the rain came through. A lot of neighbours had just got barbies on the go - the sign of a true weather nut that I was disappointed the smell of petrichor was overwhelmed with the aroma of damped-down coals! 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Blimey, very unexpected bright flash of lightning and crack of thunder nr East Dereham!

Kent clipper jumped us and became a Norfolk clipper lol. 

• Like 1

We'll the fresher air has duly arrived, yesterday at 11am it was 27.3c and today 16.3c. The garden is also getting a nice soaking at present, so it does actually feel like a normal British summer. It was also bound to turn changeable as soon as they announced the return of Test Cricket with England would play the West Indies in early July.

Windy and cloudy as per normal now after the last couple of days,a few showers earlier but nothing of any significance.Fairly standard offerings coming up in the next week or two.

Been on and off showers here all day, some heavy, most nuisance value, particularly as today was the one day I didn’t want rain, as was finishing off flooring, so dust everywhere from cutting floor boards! Typical. Still it’s cooling down, so I’ll take it.?

After a good drop of rain yesreday the weather has a much fresher feel this morning with a nippy breeze and some low cloud here, what a difference from a couple of days ago, house much cooler as well.

I can do cool, rain and cloud, but i can't stand the wind. Nightmare for the garden (especially the hanging baskets! ? ) Looks like it may settle down as the week into following progresses. 

• Like 1

My garden is very disappointed with the amount of rainfall here over the last couple of days. The thundery breakdown on Friday gave me one rumble of thunder in the distance and 2mm of rain. Saturday's blustery showers missed me and gave just 0.2mm. Today unlikely to give much either. And as Mark B says above, the blustery wind is causing havoc in the garden, especially with my hollyhocks, some of which are 7 foot tall now and in grave danger! ? 

• Like 6

Those hollyhocks are lovely plants Blessed but do suffer in the wind due there height, Hopefully your garden will get a good watering in the coming week. it's been fairly wet here in the past two days so iv'e put the old hose away for now, just started rain again as i type.

• Like 1

Happy today, much fresher feel. Still plenty of sunshine but decent temps. The storm Early Friday hours filled the water butts, and the lawn is looking good. No need to do the watering tonight. Have a good brew instead. Good health to you all.

• Like 2

It rained cats and dogs in London about an hour ago. Wet, windy & relatively cool, and as much as I enjoy summer heat, I'm loving the cooler weather at the moment. The ups and downs of summer are better than a whole season of the same weather. ?️

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2

Nice big rainbow earlier following downpour, overall a lacklustre June not awful but not good.

0EB85CB2-0FF0-40E1-A7F9-98B485222B11.thumb.jpeg.6b8d6cbd1f0cf4688d2445ed9ddae7e0.jpeg

• Like 3

A Dull start to Monday Morning, we are having a light shower of rain here at the moment. Looking at the radar it looks like it will soon pass. I Do hope so, my good wife has put the washing out on the line already. Good Health to you all.

• Like 3

Even windier today, gone from the height of summer temps to mid autumn in a matter of days, too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet, too windy, one thing our weathers not and that is boring!!

• Like 2

What a difference 72 odd hours makes, I would say today is sunny intervals (at a push), local weather station is at the dizzy heights of 17.2c at 1pm with 32mph gusts. 

• Like 1

What another Autumn morning in June here. 17c and drizzle with low cloud. Im pinning my hopes on a dazzling September. Good Health to you all.