South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Some light rain here earlier but nothing much of note, but by heck it is muggy!

Checking all the charts and stats for later it's looking very much on a knife edge later for this regions storms, the potential is certainly there though... my gut feel is initiation will start kicking off late afternoon but how sporadic the storms will be and where gets them remains open to question. Suspect best chance the further West/North you are of the region (Beds/Cambs/Norfolk/Linc). We shall see. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

There was me moaning yesterday that we wouldn't see any thundery activity and we had a decent cell pass over at about 6am - heavy rain, thunder and a few forks of lightning!....sadly no pictures of it as I was dead to the world. ?

• Like 2

Just stepped outside for the first time today expecting it to feel a fraction cooler than yesterday but the humidity is absolutely shocking! Quasi-tropical!

• Like 1

Missed out getting any thunder yet again in Pagham last night; none this month. However, it is always interesting following events and developments elsewhere, and seeing the skyscape of distant Cb's during the recent thundery spell which affected large parts of the country.

Just broke 25c here at 11am (25.5c), it was a rather more substantial 27.6c yesterday. Wind seems to be picking up as per the forecast, MetOffice is saying 15mph gusts by 1pm increasing to 20mph by mid-afternoon. The wind really tapered the temps back yesterday, so not sure how much higher we will get, be interesting to keep an eye on it, although our storm risk seems to be decreasing with every MO/BBC update. Still some high level cloud blowing around, the skies aren't as clear as they where yesterday. 

What is for certain the weekend will be a lot lot cooler, with a lot more wind! 

Edited by magicpatch

A couple of hours rain this morning, before it went straight back to furnace conditions. Much more humid than wed/thu though. Back up to 27.5c, a chance it could hit 30c for the third day in a row.

Love this weather working from home. Sun, heat, and the rain last night which is good for the garden. Back to heat. I am ok with the heat, can sleep in any weather to be honest, and when in the depths of winter when that bone chilling wind cuts through you I will remember these days.

• Like 1

Had a horrible night getting to sleep and hope not to have it again today, I recorded a little bit of the storm from 5am but it was mostly gone by then but I did get a few rumbles of thunder. I posted it on the storm & convective thread but just in case some people on here don't view it. Here is the video

• Like 1

28.8c here at the moment which is a degree down on yesterday at the same time, it does however feel hotter and more humid today, prehaps a little storm later to clear the air here.!!

Slowly tapering off here, 26.2c at midday, 26.6c at 1pm, (28.6c yesterday at 1pm) wind is the feature now, also cloud is slowly starting to bobble up but sadly doesn't look threatening. Humidity is insane mind. 

Edited by magicpatch

Temperatures really have rocketed up, considering it was cloudy until just after 9am it has risen beyond the last couple of days. Almost at 31c with some cumulus starting to build up now.

1 hour ago, magicpatch said:

Slowly tapering off here, 26.2c at midday, 26.6c at 1pm, (28.6c yesterday at 1pm) wind is the feature now, also cloud is slowly starting to bobble up but sadly doesn't look threatening. Humidity is insane mind. 

26.7 at 2pm ... I think we might have hit today's high. For reference it was 29c here at 2pm yesterday. 

Edited by magicpatch