Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

29c here by midday....already above the 28c bbc were forecasting! Met office went 30-32c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Definitely warmer than yesterday, probably due to the S'ly rather than E'ly flow. Humidity up as well. Nice 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Love this weather working from home. Sun, heat, and the rain last night which is good for the garden. Back to heat. I am ok with the heat, can sleep in any weather to be honest, and when in the depths of winter when that bone chilling wind cuts through you I will remember these days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Had a horrible night getting to sleep and hope not to have it again today, I recorded a little bit of the storm from 5am but it was mostly gone by then but I did get a few rumbles of thunder. I posted it on the storm & convective thread but just in case some people on here don't view it. Here is the video

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

28.8c here at the moment which is a degree down on yesterday at the same time, it does however feel hotter and more humid today, prehaps a little storm later to clear the air here.!!

Posted

Slowly tapering off here, 26.2c at midday, 26.6c at 1pm, (28.6c yesterday at 1pm) wind is the feature now, also cloud is slowly starting to bobble up but sadly doesn't look threatening. Humidity is insane mind. 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Clouds building here with temps leveling out at 29.3c, not sure we'll get much higher with big changes afoot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I've cut the grass but yet to do any washing or clean a car. Anything else needed to generate rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

31°C at Heathrow. 

This cold front can't come soon enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Temperatures really have rocketed up, considering it was cloudy until just after 9am it has risen beyond the last couple of days. Almost at 31c with some cumulus starting to build up now.

Posted
1 hour ago, magicpatch said:

Slowly tapering off here, 26.2c at midday, 26.6c at 1pm, (28.6c yesterday at 1pm) wind is the feature now, also cloud is slowly starting to bobble up but sadly doesn't look threatening. Humidity is insane mind. 

26.7 at 2pm ... I think we might have hit today's high. For reference it was 29c here at 2pm yesterday. 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

As has been said it’s very Hot again here but looking strangely quiet  over Northern France Not convinced we will Get anything incoming later .

• Like 1

Posted

Hot and sticky in Surbiton with mostly blue skies and the occasional breeze; to the east there are some towers building but we don't seem to be forecast anything particularly convective. My cheapo 'just for reference' temperature gauge says 33 degrees in the garden and 30 indoors, on a par with yesterday, although obviously not terribly accurate. We got a little rain this morning, wish we could get a good storm to round off this heat and to herald in a night where sleep becomes possible again - cheapo temp gauge showed 26 degrees in the lounge this morning, the coolest part of the house. 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted

I think that's our lot for this batch of heat. Very windy now, weather station reporting 22km/h, temp has dropped to 25.9c , 29.4c 24 hours ago. 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Loved waking up to a storm at 5am, hearing the rain coming down and counting the seconds from flash to bang! Expected it to feel a little cooler today but nope, humidity high and 28.7C at the moment.

A lovely freshening wind just starting to pick up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Some big cells firing up to my south and heading my way now - anyone under the storm just going through bishops stortford?

Posted

Still hot (28c according to nearest obs station) humid, blue skies, not much of a breeze. Looking at the temps in the south west, wishing I was there.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Still hot (28c according to nearest obs station) humid, blue skies, not much of a breeze. Looking at the temps in the south west, wishing I was there.

Hang in there! This hideous heat will be all over tommorow, thank god!

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, magicpatch said:

I think that's our lot for this batch of heat. Very windy now, weather station reporting 22km/h, temp has dropped to 25.9c , 29.4c 24 hours ago. 

24.7 at 4pm. Oh well ... guess the chances of a storm are reducing as quick as the temperature. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

No storms forecast for the SE this eve/tonight. But never say never, there are sometimes surprises. 

There's a shower coming up from France now but doesn't look electrified. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well somehow this is not going to end in a bust for my location. Thunder here now, albeit the cell is very small.

60C840C8-0560-4DF7-9BC5-BF7CD6BC1B89.jpeg

I can see some CG towards Whittlesey way now. We have the novel blend of torrential rain and sunshine at the same time.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 3