South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

25c by 9am at shoreham airport, that’s very hot for so early here shame that the sea breeze will arrive soon to flatline the temps, takes a lot to achieve 30c here. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Met office thunderstorm warning for east of England issued for 12.00pm Friday until 6.00am Saturday. So that’s put the hex on any storms for us in the triangle then ??

and now the ️Symbols completely disappeared from the beeb app ???

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 2

Already 26.3 here making it the warmest day of the year so far here- not sure how high it will go on home page predicts 30 so wait and see ? tends to cool off early afternoon with see breeze then pick up again in early eve time 

It was 20c here at 8am so knew we’d exceed the 25c the MO we’re forecasting - currently 26.4c

Not sure it’ll get much warmer here on the coast as the sea breeze has gotten going. Looking up the road towards Ashford and Maidstone it’s 30c in places 

Just finished my morning cycle ride and the atmosphere is totally different from yesterday, hotter in the sun and a lot more humidity. Biulding up for some big storms on friday if we're lucky.

Ha, Gatwick isn't too far from here and I highly doubt it was 34c at 11am!

I've not been out, but the breeze is more substantial than it has been, the local weather station hit 27.8c at midday but is showing 27.9c at 1pm so the breeze is having some sort of affect? It's gone from 11km/h to 16km/h in the past hour. 

Currently here in Boxmoor it's 29.9c, oddly humidity has dropped from to 58% this morning to 37% now, prehaps due to the increase in the wind. Boom just hit 30.0c. 

Edited by thunderpants
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Send some of your gorgeous weather over to Prague please! Spitting with rain, overcast and 17°C here ? 

not allowed to send it due to social distancing ? 

Edited by MAF
  • Sad 1

Just made the magical 30, max 30.2°C at 2:43pm. My highest ever 'VP2' temperature ever (since 2013) is only 31.8, we always get the sea breezes starting up before we hit the even more magical 32.

Except in 1976! ?

Edited by DaveL
  • Like 1

30.1C at just before 15.00. Look like that is going to be the max as it's just dropping off slightly now. It's a fairly lively easterly breeze!