South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Late Thursday and certainly Friday will see quite alot of high and mid level cloud which will surpress the temperature somewhat. I would say max 31c somewhere just NE of London. Much cooler and more mixed afterwards. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Gorgeous afternoon with clear skies and a light southerly breeze. Currently around 27c. Looks like NW London will see the highest temperature today (possibly getting close to 30c).

• Like 1

27c and 39% humidity here In Cambridge. Cloudless. Proper summer - not unbearably hot, not overly humid, just right. Lovely. 

• Like 4

Arpege temperature forecasts for the next three days.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?23-17   arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?23-18   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?23-18

Low thirties possible, more so in the western half of the region tomorrow and Thursday as the wind will be southeasterly. Eastern areas might see 30C more widely on Friday as winds veer southerly.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 5

Beautiful day! Summer days in the UK are a lot more bearable when you get to work from home. 28.7c according to my closest weather station. Maybe a degree or two hotter in the next few days but this is perfect.

Edited by Uxbridge90
  • Like 2

Here we go, now pubs, outdoor attractions etc can reopen on July 4th...you just wait the weather for July will be a right off!

A beautiful evening, still in the mid twenties even at 8pm. 
Went for a walk with mini CS around Hampton water, which is just a short stroll away. I think the photo sums things up.

E4DFD7E7-AF1C-46B4-AD8F-FA414614A2B3.jpeg

• Like 8

A high of 25.7c here today...not bad considering the forecast was for 22c!

Can’t see it being quite so warm tomorrow as the breeze has gotten up and looking at the forecast it’s here to stay.

Edited by lottiekent

Woke up today feels like I’m in another country in the med, already 21.5 did drop below 17.5 last night going to be a scorcher today and tomorrow I’m just gutted I’m working. Really hope we get another chance of heat next month.

We seemed to hit around 25c yesterday according to the nearest local weather station, my very low-tech temp sensor in the garden was a few c higher but it’s been exposed to the elements for a few years so unsure how accurate it is these days. 

Local weather station already has it at 20.2c at 7am! 

MetOffice seem to suggest today will be the warmest day for the Croydon area, they have 30-31c for today, and 29 tomorrow. Any reason for this? 

Edited by magicpatch

We’ve lost the nice breeze that has been around the last couple of days. Humidity feels high already this morning, yesterday didn’t feel too bad, but struggling for air whilst out early today, not looking forward to the next few days if the air this morning is anything to go by. But for those who love the hot weather, enjoy, plenty of Vit D on offer for free ? 

• Like 2

Up to 20C, here, already: it's going to be very Betty Swollocks! 

Edit: 21C at Norwich Weather Centre, 7 am... It's going to be a scorcher!

Edited by General Cluster

Fantastic weather. Uninterrupted blue sky and a high of 25.2C with just a gentle easterly flow yesterday (Tues). The source of breeze off the North Sea keeping the excesses of humidity and temps down to enjoyable levels.

Last Sunday I discussed the GFS forecasts for this coming Friday, suggesting the 3 days (Weds - Fri) of heat might end in a bang with storms for our Region. There's still not 100% agreement between the models that now have Friday in range, with GFS and NMM saying yes to some good storms, but Arpege and ICON less bullish. By tomorrow all high res models will be in range and we'll be better able to pin down the detail. For now, here's what GFS and NMM are currently forecasting for Friday 16.00 - 17.00:

Precip GFS 1974296876_StormRisk26Jun16.00GFSprecip.thumb.png.2660b9a9fdd0794ae89db79b134bbbdd.png NMM 1994278936_StormRisk26Jun16.00NMMprecip.thumb.png.95da45680142764aacfb8319c9c311ce.png

CAPE GFS 1067396743_StormRisk26Jun17.00GFSCAPELI.thumb.png.0d7a670e45f31ce9ff837b41168fd85d.png NMM 87345288_StormRisk26Jun16.00NMMSBCAPE.thumb.png.1f463cbc354b608ccafd83c91cfa874a.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Talking wind, the MetOffice seem to show us picking up a breezier easterly by late afternoon.

Wonder if that’s what’s holding the temps back a little tomorrow? 

8 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Already 25c - how high can we get? 

Going by the forecast of 27oC for midnight tonight.....I'd say HOT!

image.thumb.png.abc665654eb200239fc7e6c03277b3b6.png

• Like 1