Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

The Region doing well for storms today. :oldsmile: I live just to the NW of Ipswich and have been watching and listening to that right hand line of storms kicking off just a few miles up the road. Nothing here - so near yet so far!

Here's the Netweather V8 radar at 15.05 and with the lightning detector turned on for the second image:

276356641_Radar17Jun15_05.thumb.jpg.433b3c61a2ba971f19ad564a444a67cd.jpg251873856_Radar17Jun15.05lightning.thumb.jpg.016fd38b34af9c151a632ed806dc6089.jpg

• Like 4

this is the worst, I thought today had potential having these great cumulus congestus clouds in the morning, but no nature once again decided to say f** you and left me with just overcast skies 

for reference for those who might not go on the storm thread, these were the pics i took this morning

29.jpeg

30.jpeg

31.jpeg

• Like 4

Poor day really very muggy with lots of cloud pilling in from France, had 4 claps of thunder earlier that was all. Roll on a pattern change, this is no thundery pattern here perhaps I’m too close to estuary.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, thunderpants said:

That blob of wetness seems to be having trouble crossing the channel at the moment. Dads army tune in my head!! 

I'm glad lol, there's no thunder in it anyway, some made it over earlier, just rain, with the odd rumble from france, very distant. Now wouldn't even get that. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

And, were today's weather not exciting enough, already, a bloody haar has blown in off the North Sea...aaargh!?

Planet NorfolkNSuffolk - worlds away from reality ?

I thought something interesting was going on to the west, turns out it's just part of a rubbish bog standard shower near Watton ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Seems the ppn out in the north sea coming out the low countries is beginning to make progress towards the suffolk/essex coast.. 

As long as it doesn't come back here. 

new cells firing up south of London . Have to say I’ve been surprised today that we haven’t reviewed more of a deluge . This hopefully wil change and it will be sizzling ? heat next week , Hooray ?.

52916896-24E7-49C4-A93A-CA3DFA82CE2F.png

After 103 days of Staying at Home and Shielding I was finally forced to evacuate my flat on Monday June 15th due to a major drain blockage. Luckily I have friends nearby I could stay with for a couple of days whilst the problem was being fixed. 

Felt really odd going out after so long, but great to spread my wings further than the confines of my flat. 

I took a few photos of course. I'm down here on the South Coast and all the convection was building up a bit further inland. 

IMG_20200617_144928.jpg

IMG_20200615_144534.jpg

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Here comes the developing rain band , let’s see if it can go electrical .

FD2DBD49-9C2E-452A-8E02-F59BBC49CB35.png

Well, I don't know about the electricality (is that even a word?:oldgrin:) but some rain would certainly be very welcome!:yahoo:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Here comes the developing rain band , let’s see if it can go electrical .

FD2DBD49-9C2E-452A-8E02-F59BBC49CB35.png

Not sure about that lol, but if it's gonna rain, at least wet the ground lol. You can stand out in this rain and not need to dry off.