Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I can see towers to my south, is that actually gonnaake it over this time. 

It’s struggling to make the jump, heaviest stuff staying just off french coast. Bet you the lighter stuff makes it then it ignites just as it passes us inland?

Definitely a different look and feel to today, just cut the front grass (3/4 hour) and it's a very different feel to yesterday when I cut a lot of hedges and didn't even break sweat. I'm just a pool of liquid atm!

Just heard a rumble from the Channel. Still not convinced it’ll do much until it’s passed over and is heading further inland. People in north Kent might do well off of it perhaps? 
The cell in mid-Kent seems to have formed a friend on its southern side towards Paddock Wood.

• Like 1

UOK so far some distant rumbles when the anvil first came over, but now the rains here, nothing. At least we have some rain at last. Let see if it wakes back up.

More rumbles now still distant though. 

• Like 1

Had torrential rain for an hour now bout 10 claps of thunder.

Plenty more heading our way from the coast, it looks like a conveyor belt

Three strikes detected within a mile of us 

• Like 1

First rumbles of Thunder here . Light rain for now but this is going to change . A band is forming and getting longer and wider all the time .

C570567A-AA61-46E6-986A-3FDB8DCD1EB4.png

573AC7F9-3E7A-4C2F-9F5E-002ECA1F98C5.gif

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

It’s going to go bang . This has exploded in to life in the last hour .

95596419-95CA-43D6-B8A2-B7E43E15111D.png

Heavy rain here for the past half hour with a few rolls of thunder. As you mentioned in your earlier post, the heavier and more stormy stuff largely split around this area yesterday despite many hopeful clouds building in the skies above us. Hoping we get some heavy thunder and lightning as the day goes on; not sure if this early start might inhibit things going bang later of if it's a good sign of continued instability. 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, weathertoski said:

Cell just to my south-south-east has lost its electricity for now

Yes, under it here in Surbiton and it's just heavy rain; the earlier thunder was fairly weak. However as I type lightning and crackling thunder has just split the sky!

• Like 3

I'm struggling to enjoy these small, half arsed storms. The big French imports are much more exciting. 

Temps up to 30°C next week! Hopefully that breaks down into some proper thunderstorms. 

• Like 2