Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Yes much more like summer today, 23°c, warmest it has been in nearly 2 weeks. The first of June has been dull here’s hoping for an improvement in second half. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

This has just developed from nothing could it be spinning towards Kent or Sussex? Could be a surprise for some of us. I just got to work and didnt bring a jacket and I work most of the time outside ?⛈?

20200613_152231.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Slap bang in the middle of thunder / lightning here at Pepper hill JS

C1C6D3EC-294F-4E19-BEAA-10CBF9F8C715.thumb.png.09b4c3660d59cb0516ddd6bbde2035d0.png

I can see that from my house - it built just to our south and west. Looks spectacular from my garden in the distance 

• Like 2

Well that was an evening storm and a half in Surbiton that developed as we walked around the park, sending many picnic-ers running for shelter. Plentiful crackling thunder and lightning reverberated about us as we got drenched on our rather hurried walk home! 

IMG_20200613_195341.jpg

Screenshot_20200613_202623_com.netweather.stormradar.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Lightning has struck a house in nearby Bourne End, fire brigade put it out pretty quick, some big scary fork lightning out there apparently (I'm in a valley with tall trees either side of the building so it's hard to see any sky).

Edited by Team Squirrel

Gorgeous day, couldn't fault it (apart from the minus quantity of storms), got loads done outside as everything has suddenly taken off so much staking and supporting! I even have grass again!

Looks like a quiet few days in the east, we'll just have to pretend we haven't seen all the videos from elsewhere (why do we never see that sort of thing any more, never mind a 2nd or 3rd or 4th round). 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Actually witnessed a rainbow developing from the very beginning for the very first time in my life and to complete . 

Lovely pictures Mark:) Did you get the evening storm that passed over Surbiton then grew as it headed north west? It certainly drenched everything here, including our garden furniture cushions that were absolutely dripping! 

It's humid and cloudy here this morning with the sun coming through from time to time. Not sure if there are any storms forecast for today.

It's the first morning in weeks that I have woken up actually able to breathe without suffocating all night and feeling like I have a head that weighs a tonne until lunch time. No idea if the storm is responsible, allergies, virus going on for months, all or any of the above. Ah well, enjoy it while it lasts, I'll no doubt be feeling like I've done 10 rounds with a whisky bottle again soon and sluggish, foggy normality will return...

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

It does feel some what muggy particulary inside although my weather station indicates 48% outdoor humididty.

Its 71% on mine, but its still much more comfortable out doors. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Lovely pictures Mark:) Did you get the evening storm that passed over Surbiton then grew as it headed north west? It certainly drenched everything here, including our garden furniture cushions that were absolutely dripping! 

It's humid and cloudy here this morning with the sun coming through from time to time. Not sure if there are any storms forecast for today.

It's the first morning in weeks that I have woken up actually able to breathe without suffocating all night and feeling like I have a head that weighs a tonne until lunch time. No idea if the storm is responsible, allergies, virus going on for months, all or any of the above. Ah well, enjoy it while it lasts, I'll no doubt be feeling like I've done 10 rounds with a whisky bottle again soon and sluggish, foggy normality will return...

Hi Sorry for the late reply , yesterday we took a couple of hours trip to look at a Canal Boat that my father in law has just brought and is coming to live on for a year , He is coming over from Australia so wanted us to check everything was ok . We was on a walk to see the surrounding areas when I noticed the storm coming in so we made a dash for the boat and eventually back to home . This was a different storm to the one you had but it was a right hum dinger as was the one you had apparently.

I hope your feeling better my wife gets that sometimes and especially when storms are about . Here are some pics of our trip Also a couple more from that approaching storm which grew right over us  . Nice to get out of the house after 3 months isolating .

6A227290-FB63-47A1-9CED-83D30243B97B.jpeg

A05C9DDC-4D85-4F80-A400-B8FB301D53CC.jpeg

81FF3620-73E9-4DE7-80B8-B6F7081226AF.jpeg

661BDF01-C391-4714-99B3-AAC7A89111A1.jpeg

01506628-AD17-423E-9DAD-BFE5AD69F39F.jpeg

EBF506E2-EC18-47AB-9F95-002A7B11778C.jpeg

• Like 7