Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Just the odd bit of drizzle here in the last 4 days, more drizzle today and the garden is barely wet, just cloud and wind, not my thing.?

11c at 1pm in London, we had higher temps this winter, and Summer was in April/May, now its payback time in June! Mad British weather for you!:80:

5 minutes ago, snowray said:

Just the odd bit of drizzle here in the last 4 days, more drizzle today and the garden is barely wet, just cloud and wind, not my thing.?

11c at 1pm in London, we had higher temps this winter, and Summer was in April/May, now its payback time in June! Mad British weather for you!:80:

I've switched my hurting on

Posted (edited)

Unless it's not here yet, the front did nothing down here, just cloud. 

I just checked radar, looks like it's only just reaching us. 

Edited by alexisj9

My roses have taken a right old bashing in this wind, on the plus side temps have gone up to 11.8c.?

Where's this wind just come from, not been this windy all day. I guess it must be the front, but still no rain from it yet here. 

39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've switched my hurting on

Same here, but its hurting my baby zucchini plants that I put last last week even more, this blinking wind has broken all the tiny leaf stems...not happy.?

Just been sitting indoors, had a good supply of chocolate but all gone in 2 days, just finished the last flake...I know, need a trip down to Morrisons to stock up, they got lots of half price dates too left over from Ramadam.?

15 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

My roses have taken a right old bashing in this wind, on the plus side temps have gone up to 11.8c.?

I know it's ridiculous! Can we manage 12c I wonder this afternoon? Don't hold your breath!?

• Like 1

Currently only 10.2 here in Locksbottom and light rain and a fresh wind.This time last week was sitting in my garden with a nice cold beer.Today indoors having a nice hot cuppa!!The great British weather!!

Sunny spells now, showers hit and mostly miss  as they reach Norfolk.  Still waiting for that first barely audible rumble of 2020....

12 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Sunny spells now, showers hit and mostly miss  as they reach Norfolk.  Still waiting for that first barely audible rumble of 2020....

You're likely to get wet shortly...

49 minutes ago, snowray said:

Same here, but its hurting my baby zucchini plants that I put last last week even more, this blinking wind has broken all the tiny leaf stems...not happy.?

Just been sitting indoors, had a good supply of chocolate but all gone in 2 days, just finished the last flake...I know, need a trip down to Morrisons to stock up, they got lots of half price dates too left over from Ramadam.?

Can you buy me some medjool ones?

Words can't describe what just happened here, all hell broke loose. Close lightning strikes with heavy rain and hail falling.

Wow.

• Like 3

It is raining now but so light nothing is getting wet. 

Watching the snooker from Milton Keynes and you can hear the thunder over the commentary!

It'e too windy for this time of year, we've got so much damage at the allotment because of it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Can you buy me some medjool ones?

Are they for your bbq? Surely not with this weather...?

3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Are they for your bbq? Surely not with this weather...?

I've tried bbqing everything lol

• Like 1

Huge swathe of storms heading east from beds to herts. Been thundering here in Stevenage for over half hour on and off 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, biddie said:

Huge swathe of storms heading east from beds to herts. Been thundering here in Stevenage for over half hour on and off 

Certainly appears lively on radar!

• Like 2

Had a thunderstorm with lots of hail and heavy rain in Leighton Buzzard for the last hour...shame its not at night because some of the lightning was wicked ??⚡

• Like 2

Sitting in my garden i can here plenty of rolling thunder north of hemel.

• Like 1

Fantastic radar image atm, showing three distinct bands of showers coming through the Region with storms embedded in each of the bands.

1025728838_Radar06June16_10.thumb.jpg.ac10f86329caa8e01887ed04c41a369e.jpg

• Like 5

Nice big storm here, had everything, and the kitchen sink.

• Like 2

My word it's gone very dark here at the moment with lightning and thunder.

• Like 1